Insomniac thread for Juan

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
G'morning Juan ... It's middle of the night for us Island folks so I wondered whether you were just getting home from some wild party or if you're an insomniac. ;)

Aside from hanging out here at CC, what do the rest of you insomniacs do with your sleepless nights? I can't seem to do anything productive but damn I've got a good score on a few of my computer games! :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi

Every once in a while I get up in the middle of the night for some reason and make myself a cup of hot chocolate and If I park myself in front of my computer, I'm up for at least an hour. We watched a late, late, movie the night before last and my internal clock hasn't yet got back to normal.(whatever that is) :wink: Another fifteen minutes and I'll go back to bed. Probably sleep right in until 8am.... :wink: :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I see Ashley is with us

Hi Ashley What are you doing up so early?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Oh goodie early folk!!

I'm not a regular insomniac - just need very little sleep - and I love early morning to get my day organized.

I have my coffee and found some interesting threads - Ashley has rejoined us and is determined to knock back everyone with her brilliance.....but she forgets the soft side of getting through to people.... to really care about them....in order to reach....the heads can learn but the hearts must be willing.

When I was a squirt I had so many siblings it was hard to get time alone with either parent. Often if I got up early - especially in the summer - I could find my mom or dad to have a little chat with - to tell them about my day and sort myself out if there were any questions left over from the previous day.

I love the early hours - kind of a neat secret - when everyone else is still hugging the pillow.... when we can truly hear our own voice inside because nobody is interrupting it.

And with forums, the new topics and threads are like a treat to be able to read first thing - a welcome to the day.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Sorry :( I slept in until 4;20 this AM,so I watched Springer and had my coffees.Cosmo: I finally found myself a decent weapon in Diablo..ooh! the utter joy.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Missile slept in until 4:20, tsk! What a layabout. :D

Sometimes I get insomnia, but checking the forum is the worst thing I can do in a situation like that because I'll wake up even more, so of course what do I do, I check the forum. :roll:

I can often trick my body by staying in bed, turning on the light, and pretending to read. My body immediately thinks, 'well, let's nod off, shall we, she won't get a damn word read, ha ha'. And I'm out. Unlike the light (an important step in tricking the body is to fall asleep with the light on, for if you turn it off, the body then recognizes that you are trying to sleep and it knows exactly what to do in a case like that, ie wake up again). I waste more time fighting losing battles with my contrary body. :x

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Haggis McBagpipe said:
I can often trick my body by staying in bed, turning on the light, and pretending to read. My body immediately thinks, 'well, let's nod off, shall we, she won't get a damn word read, ha ha'. And I'm out.

:)

Same here....

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Insomniac thread for

:lol: Haggis and Jay ... the standing joke around here whenever I go off to "read" is that I'll be doing it with my eyes closed. I do the same thing ... curl in with a book, and nearly every time I'm drooling on the pages in short order. :)

Actually after I started this thread I crawled back in to read ... ahem ... and just woke up.

Missile ... Diablo? You play games? I must have forgotten that. Shell just got "Lord of the Rings" for GameCube and I've learned more about RPG than I ever wanted to know. Kinda fun to watch her play, but waaaay too many buttons for me to master. I'm one of those "controller challenged" types ... if it has more than two buttons, I'm lost. Well, congrats on the weapon. I know now how exciting it is when you get what you're after ... there are frequent war whoops from the couch here, scares the hell outta the dog and I! ;)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I've been playing Call Of Duty 2....

Very fun, and I get to shoot people on-line! What more could I want? :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Insomniac thread for

Cosmo said:
there are frequent war whoops from the couch here, scares the hell outta the dog and I! ;)

And looking at THAT avatar, the last thing I'd want to do is startle that dog. :D 8O

<edited to add: And pffft, Jay, get to shoot people online? Hell, I get to TORTURE people online. :lol: >

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Insomniac thread for

No no Haggis! That's just her helping me make the bed and giving me instructions! :)

Here's her "shark face" ... I trained her to do this when she was a wee little pup and it looks way more menacing! Maybe you can use it in one of your torture rooms? ;)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well, true Haggis....I'm in the wrong profession!

razorgrade

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2006
Toronto
www.eaglesafc.com
getting late and I noticed this thread !

what some people will do to amuse themselves :)

I find that beer is a great cure for insomnia, it is just waking back up that is the hard part

Now I just seem to be trying to upgrade my status from to Rising Star to Forum Addict ;)