The Immigrants Poem (Immigrants Poem)


OpnSrc
#1
Immigrants Poem

I cross ocean,
poor and broke,
Take bus,
see employment folk.

Nice man treat me
good in there,
Say I need to
see welfare.

Welfare say,
"You come no more,
We send cash
right to your door."

Welfare checks,
they make you wealthy,
Free Medical it keep
you healthy!

By and by,
I got plenty money,
Thanks to you,
Canadian dummy.

Write to friends
in motherland,
Tell them 'come
fast as you can.'

They come in turbans
and Ford trucks,
I buy big house
with welfare bucks.

They come here,
we live together,
More welfare checks,
it gets better!

Fourteen families,
they moving in,
But neighbour's patience wearing thin.

Finally, white guy
moves away,
Now I buy his house,
and then I say,


"Find more aliens
for house to rent."
And in the yard
I put a tent.

Send for family
they just trash,
But they, too,
draw the welfare cash!

Everything is
very good,
And soon we
own the neighbourhood.

We have hobby --
it's called breeding,
Welfare pay
for baby feeding.

Kids need dentist?
Wife need pills?
We get free!
We got no bills!

Canadian crazy!
He pay all year,
To keep welfare
running here.

We think Canada
darn good place!
Too darn good for
the white man race.

If they no like us,
they can scram,
Got lots of room in
Pakistan.

Author Unknown
 
tracy
#2
Sure, welfare makes people wealthy.... It's a poem from an ignorant person.
 
Colpy
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy

Sure, welfare makes people wealthy.... It's a poem from an ignorant person.

Yeah, that was a little much, even for me.
 
ashley_rb
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

Immigrants Poem

Hey, here's a poem you might enjoy:

Take off your hood, and have seat,
Seeing you on Springer, that'd be a treat.

Here's 3 little letters I'm sure you know,
KKK and its hate you sow.

That's it for the poem. Did u like it?

How easy for you to post something that has an unknown author. You've got the guts to post it, but not the guts to claim it?

Clearly hate is easier for you when your hood is up.
 
#juan
#5
ashley_rb

I would have to agree with you there Ashley.
 
cortez
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

Quote: Originally Posted by tracy

Sure, welfare makes people wealthy.... It's a poem from an ignorant person.

Yeah, that was a little much, even for me.

agreed-
seems to be a case of willfull ignorrance
especially the way it singles out pakistanis
all the pakistanis ive met here seem to be on average--more industrious than the nonimmigrant population

i almost think hes got it upsidedown
arent recent immigrants in general less likely to be on welfare or has that changed since last i heard
 
the caracal kid
#7
I suspect it is still that way cortez given the stories lately on imigrants with professional designations packing up and leaving because they can't work in their trained field here. There is plenty of people that want to work to their potential and patiently work where they can until their certifications are cleared. Unfortunately, imigration canada does not display alacrity in this effort and many end up moving to another country to do the work they are trained to do. Not exactly the model of laziness.
 
OpnSrc
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

Immigrants Poem

Hey, here's a poem you might enjoy:

Take off your hood, and have seat,
Seeing you on Springer, that'd be a treat.

Here's 3 little letters I'm sure you know,
KKK and its hate you sow.

That's it for the poem. Did u like it?

How easy for you to post something that has an unknown author. You've got the guts to post it, but not the guts to claim it?

Clearly hate is easier for you when your hood is up.

Get a grip pal!

I didn't write it ... but I tell you this...
When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english. I had to read them their mail everyday. They had been in the country for just under 2 years, they were poor farmers in Turkey. They bought a $400,000.00 house and lived on DISABILITY!
My entire neighbourhood was full of multi-familied homes ALL of which were of middle eastern to east indian decent. MOST of them hated the white person and most didn't have jobs! BUT they all owned a 300,000 to 400,000 dollar home.

You call it what you want... but now it is legal for a child with corresponding religious beliefs to carry a large knife into our public schools... My children will NEVER go to a public school.

Do I hate immigrants? NO, but I do hate how out government treats them better than people born here in this country.
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by cortez

i almost think hes got it upsidedown
arent recent immigrants in general less likely to be on welfare or has that changed since last i heard

Excellent point, and right on the money.

OpnSrc, you posted this poem, but you didn't post your own views on it. I would be interested in hearing them.
 
FiveParadox
#10
Now it is legal, OpnSrc? It has been legal in Provinces such as British Columbia and Alberta for a very long time I see the few students who choose to wear kirpans to school all the time, and I don't feel any threat to my personal safety or security. By the way, it is a very low proportion of Sikhs who choose to wear the kirpan less than one in ten.
 
OpnSrc
#11
MY Views:

I do NOT hate any one particular Race or Religion

I do whole heartedly disagree with our governments stance on immigration and assistance of non-canadians.

I pay well over $15,000 a year in income taxes on money i worked hard for, and my country invests this in the rights of carrying weapons into public school systems based on a religious belief. I have been ripped off!

It is not just immigrants who abuse the welfare system here and I can stand anyone who abuses it!

Edit: Yes I may be a little touch Redneck. As I see it, Politically Correctness is killing our Nation!
 
FiveParadox
#12
OpnSrc, would you please elaborate on how your tax dollars are going toward a right for Sikhs to exercise their religion? I am not quite sure what you mean; I pay taxes, and the only thing I would have had those taxes go toward in relation to this situation was the salaries of the Justices of the Supreme Court of Canada, but their duty is to sit on the Bench and rule on cases, so it was money well-spent, in my opinion.

Not to sound confrontational, or trying to oppose your every point, OpnSrc (that is not my intent, lol), but I agree with a great deal of policy released by Immigration Canada; I think that we should make it easier to integrate non-Canadians into Canada (in terms of enabling them to be better equipped to apply for and receive permanent resident or citizen status). I have no qualms with accomodating one another in this nation; I would think that such situations have been approached responsibly, appropriately and in good faith.

(Revision) : Corrected a content-manipulating typing exception (second paragraph).
 
cortez
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by the caracal kid

I suspect it is still that way cortez given the stories lately on imigrants with professional designations packing up and leaving because they can't work in their trained field here. There is plenty of people that want to work to their potential and patiently work where they can until their certifications are cleared. Unfortunately, immigration canada does not display alacrity in this effort and many end up moving to another country to do the work they are trained to do. Not exactly the model of laziness.

yeah im with you
i actually find it depressing hearing this kind of bitter hate speech--- the poem i mean--often from people who are otherwise normal.

i personally think its often people who have somehow not given it their best shot---- and achieved their potential-- and they are paradoxically resentfull of immigrants failure as well as their successes

listening to this kind of anti-immigrant stuff over the years ive noted 3 patterns

1-if the xenophobic perceives that immigrants are poorer than him or her their anti-immigrant argument is --- dont want them because they will be-- a burden on the system

2- if the xenophobic perceives that immigrants are about the same economic levels as themselves -- they say -- its not fair they are coming here to take my job

3- if the xenophobic perceives immigrants as weathier than him or her they will say something like-- they dont deserve to be here because they--- bought-- their way into the country--

you can always tell the really pathologic ones ---- they will be arguing the two mutually exclusive reasons AT THE SAME TIME

ie- no good because they are too poor AND too wealthy
too industrious AND too lazy etc

personally ive have never been able to make someone with these views modify their distorted perspective--- it often makes it worse so well always have a certain % of our population that harbours these beliefs
 
ashley_rb
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

I didn't write it ...

You didn't write it? Really? Their's evidence that suggests you did:

Its your signature, that little poem at the end of your posts:

"I can bring you pain, I can bring you sudden pleasure
Your life will only gain if your love's final measure"

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english.

Its easy to blame the neighbourhood, its harder to blame your own heart. If you truly believe your not a racist or don't have any hatred for one particular group you would have never had the motivation to post the poem in the first.

That's the clearest evidence of all.
 
OpnSrc
#15
I would rather see the children of this nation have it better than immigrants.

Canadian Government seniors policy:

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!
And maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470 00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.


But people with ultra-liberal, political correctiveness want our immigrating friends to be comfortable and feel "accomodated".
 
FiveParadox
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

I would rather see the children of this nation have it better than immigrants.

Are you referring then, OpnSrc, to our First Nations people?
 
OpnSrc
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

I didn't write it ...

You didn't write it? Really? Their's evidence that suggests you did:

Its your signature, that little poem at the end of your posts:

"I can bring you pain, I can bring you sudden pleasure
Your life will only gain if your love's final measure"

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english.

Its easy to blame the neighbourhood, its harder to blame your own heart. If you truly believe your not a racist or don't have any hatred for one particular group you would have never had the motivation to post the poem in the first.

That's the clearest evidence of all.

Really, My Signature????? Are you daft or retarded? Go buy a 1969 Release called The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus by Spirit and listen to the song Mr. Skin before you speak up on things you know absolutely nothing about.

Secondly, I read the poem on another forum discussing the entire knife issue. I left it here for a discussion. But if you naturally assume I am a hood wearing rasist noting some 60's flower power lyrics as your proof... you are either a total rasist yourself or just plain dumb.
 
OpnSrc
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

I would rather see the children of this nation have it better than immigrants.

Are you referring then, OpnSrc, to our First Nations people?

Especially our First Nations People... We stole from them and tried to completely destroy their culture.
 
FiveParadox
#19
On that point I agree with you quite wholeheartedly, OpnSrc.

Despite the fact that treaties were signed, I would maintain that several of those treaties were not signed in the good faith that we would sometimes be led to believe; however, the current case is not the same, in my opinion, in that we are receiving immigrants into Canada, rather than receiving them in opposition to our own wishes.
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#20
There is absolutely no reason to call OpnSrc a racist simply because he posted this poem. He posted it, as he said, for discussion. I have, many times, posted something controversial in order to get a discussion going. This one promises to be a good one, but can be conducted as easily without the slings and arrows.
 
FiveParadox
#21
Wise words, as always, Haggis McBagpipe.

There's a difference between your spark-posts and his though, Boss! You tend to post something about torture or nekkid people. =D Heh. I would agree, though, there is never a need for disrespecting fellow members of Canadian Content; we are all quite capable of conducting ourselves in an appropriate manner.
 
OpnSrc
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

There is absolutely no reason to call OpnSrc a racist simply because he posted this poem. He posted it, as he said, for discussion. I have, many times, posted something controversial in order to get a discussion going. This one promises to be a good one, but can be conducted as easily without the slings and arrows.

Thank you Haggis. It was not my intention to offend, but rather spark a conversation.

Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

On that point I agree with you quite wholeheartedly, OpnSrc.

Despite the fact that treaties were signed, I would maintain that several of those treaties were not signed in the good faith that we would sometimes be led to believe; however, the current case is not the same, in my opinion, in that we are receiving immigrants into Canada, rather than receiving them in opposition to our own wishes.

Our native brothers and sisters deserve far more respect from us. We have corrupted their way of life and destroyed so much of their trust. I am still appauled by the way our 1st nations reserves are still so poor and disrepected. Something I would be proud to pay my tax dollars for is the empowerment of our 1st nations reserves.

This still does not negate from my stance on how immigrants are better treated than pensioners who spent their entire lives contributing to the "system". It is so very wrong!

Nor does it negate the way I feel about knives worn in schools, it is a public safety issue NOT a relegious freedom. Wait until someone tries to board a commercial jet with one... what then? do we change the rules again allowing terrorists a loop hole? It is a public safety issue!

Edit: I own a few Bob Marley records, I am interested in Rastafarian Beliefs... am I legally allowed so smoke Marijuana?
 
Hank C
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

I would rather see the children of this nation have it better than immigrants.

Canadian Government seniors policy:

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!
And maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470 00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.


But people with ultra-liberal, political correctiveness want our immigrating friends to be comfortable and feel "accomodated".

I really don't know what to say about this......there is no logic behind it! Its one of those things that if the leftist media made an issue out of it....we would have it addressed.
 
tracy
#24
You realize that government pension is supposed to be just a supplement to their income right?

And that immigrants don't get their subsidy forever or for free? If they get it at all that is. Most immigrants are not refugees.

I don't know if you're a racist or not, but your posts on this matter sound racist to me.
 
OpnSrc
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy

You realize that government pension is supposed to be just a supplement to their income right?

And that immigrants don't get their subsidy forever or for free?

I don't know if you're a racist or not, but your posts on this matter sound racist to me.

Because I have a different opinion than yours, regardless of fact. I am a racist?

I suppose because I disagree with knife wearing in public schools for health and safety concerns.. that further illustrates I am a racist?

One day when you are about to retire and you see your new neighbour from another country who has never paid our taxes or contributed to our economic growth as a nation, who just moved here without a job, living a higher financial standard you, solely based on refugee status... you might then agree with me.

Hey not every Canadian born here had a great upbringing... does that mean if you were born and raised in Regent Park or Jane & Finch and feared for your life.. you get to move to Oakville and claim refugee status?
 
ashley_rb
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

This one promises to be a good one, but can be conducted as easily without the slings and arrows.

Haggis is most likely refering to me - again. Here Haggis I'll fill in the blanks for you, "ashley_rb, tone it down". See, I remembered to assume your always right. Hey speaking of Pakistani's > Like being forced to sit in the back seat of the car, not all woman are as stupid as some men believe them to be. We do remember!

Look >>> Its a happy face > happy face! SNA (still not angry)

Speaking of anger....

Quote: Originally Posted by OpnSrc

Are you (ashley_rb) daft or retarded? ... you are either a total rasist yourself or just plain dumb.

(Depending on who you are, I'll guess all the arrows arent the same here! Some are free to fling their arrows freely, others have their bow taken away. )

OpnSrc,

You're only getting angry because you know I'm right. The motivation to post the poem wasn't for a calm (take a breath), clear (sit back) and engaging (relax) discussion.

Lets assume you didn't write the poem, does that still pardon you from the motivation to post it? No. If you wanted to have a discussion about the topic of the poem you would have posted the topic, not the poem itself.

Go over to a Pakistani forum and post it there. If its not racically motivated you have a thing to worry about. I'm sure the Canadian Paki's would enjoy the poem and praise you for starting a conversation that promises to be, to some, a good one.

Whether one lights the cross on fire or just stands back and watches it burn, they are still guilty.
 
FiveParadox
#27
Few immigrants come to Canada, registered under refugee status; most apply for either permanent residence or citizenship. With all due respect, OpnSrc, I would suggest that, perhaps, your suggestions would address only a minority of immigration to Canada.
 
OpnSrc
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

Few immigrants come to Canada, registered under refugee status; most apply for either permanent residence or citizenship. With all due respect, OpnSrc, I would suggest that, perhaps, your suggestions would address only a minority of immigration to Canada.

Agreed ... I am not suggesting that every person who comes to live in this country via immigration is going to take advantage of our deterioring and abused assistance programs.
Yes not all immigrants claim refugee status, however it is not a minority of landed immgrants, refugees and others seeking permanent residence who abuse our assistive programs. I do NOT blame any immigrant for this. This is a huge problem as a result of a decaying government policy and several ultra-liberal do-gooders to whom have which never concentrated on our nations own poor... 1st Nations, Pensioners, Single Mothers and Fathers, etc.

This affects everyone of us.
 
OpnSrc
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

OpnSrc,

You're only getting angry because you know I'm right. The motivation to post the poem wasn't for a calm (take a breath), clear (sit back) and engaging (relax) discussion.

I never once suggested "calm", "clear" or "engaging".

Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

Lets assume you didn't write the poem, does that still pardon you from the motivation to post it? No. If you wanted to have a discussion about the topic of the poem you would have posted the topic, not the poem itself.

For the ummpteenth time... I DIDN'T WRITE THE POEM... google it if you don't beleive me!

Lets see ... Is it racist to republish the cartoons of muhammad? or is it news to display the images that Muslums worldwide are angry over and destroying so much... which btw isn't a small minority of people.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

Go over to a Pakistani forum and post it there. If its not racically motivated you have a thing to worry about. I'm sure the Canadian Paki's would enjoy the poem and praise you for starting a conversation that promises to be, to some, a good one.

If I was a Pakistani or of Pakistani desent.. I would belong to that forum... But I'm Not ... I am Canadian .. hence why I joined a Canadian Forum.

IMHO... The poem is ACTUALLY focused more on the downfall of our national policies concerning the accesiblity of the mis-apropreation of taxpayer funds.

Quote: Originally Posted by ashley_rb

Whether one lights the cross on fire or just stands back and watches it burn, they are still guilty.

I can't beleive your ignorance! Guess if I disagree with our nations policies I am a member of the KKK
 
FiveParadox
#30
ashley_rb, your accusatory nature is quite uncalled for, in particular in this instance; OpnSrc has asserted quite clearly that he (a he, right?) did not write the poem, and rather has posted that poem here for discussion and debate; his assertion is herein deemed to have been substantiated click here (external - login to view) for a Web copy of the poem. It would be quite appropriate if we could, hereinafter, discontinue accusing OpnSrc of things for which he is not guilty.
 

Similar Threads

17
A Poem on English
by Twila | Dec 6th, 2007
1
Love Poem
by aVril_roCks_s0ysAuce | Mar 7th, 2006
0
A Poem Of Friendship
by ROBERTDAVIDSON | Feb 13th, 2006
2
poem - I AM AFRAID OF THE OUTSIDE
by ROBERTDAVIDSON | Feb 10th, 2006
no new posts