Pakistan.

Author Unknown

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
OpnSrc said:
Immigrants Poem

Hey, here's a poem you might enjoy:

Take off your hood, and have seat,
Seeing you on Springer, that'd be a treat.

Here's 3 little letters I'm sure you know,
KKK and its hate you sow.

That's it for the poem. Did u like it?

How easy for you to post something that has an unknown author. You've got the guts to post it, but not the guts to claim it?

Clearly hate is easier for you when your hood is up.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
ashley_rb

I would have to agree with you there Ashley.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: The Immigrants Poem

Colpy said:
tracy said:
Sure, welfare makes people wealthy.... It's a poem from an ignorant person.

Yeah, that was a little much, even for me.

agreed-
seems to be a case of willfull ignorrance
especially the way it singles out pakistanis
all the pakistanis ive met here seem to be on average--more industrious than the nonimmigrant population

i almost think hes got it upsidedown
arent recent immigrants in general less likely to be on welfare or has that changed since last i heard

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
I suspect it is still that way cortez given the stories lately on imigrants with professional designations packing up and leaving because they can't work in their trained field here. There is plenty of people that want to work to their potential and patiently work where they can until their certifications are cleared. Unfortunately, imigration canada does not display alacrity in this effort and many end up moving to another country to do the work they are trained to do. Not exactly the model of laziness.

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
ashley_rb said:
OpnSrc said:
Immigrants Poem

Hey, here's a poem you might enjoy:

Take off your hood, and have seat,
Seeing you on Springer, that'd be a treat.

Here's 3 little letters I'm sure you know,
KKK and its hate you sow.

That's it for the poem. Did u like it?

How easy for you to post something that has an unknown author. You've got the guts to post it, but not the guts to claim it?

Clearly hate is easier for you when your hood is up.

Get a grip pal!

I didn't write it ... but I tell you this...
When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english. I had to read them their mail everyday. They had been in the country for just under 2 years, they were poor farmers in Turkey. They bought a $400,000.00 house and lived on DISABILITY!
My entire neighbourhood was full of multi-familied homes ALL of which were of middle eastern to east indian decent. MOST of them hated the white person and most didn't have jobs! BUT they all owned a 300,000 to 400,000 dollar home.

You call it what you want... but now it is legal for a child with corresponding religious beliefs to carry a large knife into our public schools... My children will NEVER go to a public school.

Do I hate immigrants? NO, but I do hate how out government treats them better than people born here in this country.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

cortez said:
i almost think hes got it upsidedown
arent recent immigrants in general less likely to be on welfare or has that changed since last i heard

Excellent point, and right on the money.

OpnSrc, you posted this poem, but you didn't post your own views on it. I would be interested in hearing them.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Now it is legal, OpnSrc? It has been legal in Provinces such as British Columbia and Alberta for a very long time — I see the few students who choose to wear kirpans to school all the time, and I don't feel any threat to my personal safety or security. By the way, it is a very low proportion of Sikhs who choose to wear the kirpan — less than one in ten.

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
MY Views:

I do NOT hate any one particular Race or Religion

I do whole heartedly disagree with our governments stance on immigration and assistance of non-canadians.

I pay well over $15,000 a year in income taxes on money i worked hard for, and my country invests this in the rights of carrying weapons into public school systems based on a religious belief. I have been ripped off!

It is not just immigrants who abuse the welfare system here and I can stand anyone who abuses it!

Edit: Yes I may be a little touch Redneck. As I see it, Politically Correctness is killing our Nation!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
OpnSrc, would you please elaborate on how your tax dollars are going toward a right for Sikhs to exercise their religion? I am not quite sure what you mean; I pay taxes, and the only thing I would have had those taxes go toward in relation to this situation was the salaries of the Justices of the Supreme Court of Canada, but their duty is to sit on the Bench and rule on cases, so it was money well-spent, in my opinion.

Not to sound confrontational, or trying to oppose your every point, OpnSrc (that is not my intent, lol), but I agree with a great deal of policy released by Immigration Canada; I think that we should make it easier to integrate non-Canadians into Canada (in terms of enabling them to be better equipped to apply for and receive permanent resident or citizen status). I have no qualms with accomodating one another in this nation; I would think that such situations have been approached responsibly, appropriately and in good faith.

:!: (Revision) : Corrected a content-manipulating typing exception (second paragraph).

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006

the caracal kid said:
I suspect it is still that way cortez given the stories lately on imigrants with professional designations packing up and leaving because they can't work in their trained field here. There is plenty of people that want to work to their potential and patiently work where they can until their certifications are cleared. Unfortunately, immigration canada does not display alacrity in this effort and many end up moving to another country to do the work they are trained to do. Not exactly the model of laziness.

yeah im with you
i actually find it depressing hearing this kind of bitter hate speech--- the poem i mean--often from people who are otherwise normal.

i personally think its often people who have somehow not given it their best shot---- and achieved their potential-- and they are paradoxically resentfull of immigrants failure as well as their successes

listening to this kind of anti-immigrant stuff over the years ive noted 3 patterns

1-if the xenophobic perceives that immigrants are poorer than him or her their anti-immigrant argument is --- dont want them because they will be-- a burden on the system

2- if the xenophobic perceives that immigrants are about the same economic levels as themselves -- they say -- its not fair they are coming here to take my job

3- if the xenophobic perceives immigrants as weathier than him or her they will say something like-- they dont deserve to be here because they--- bought-- their way into the country--

you can always tell the really pathologic ones ---- they will be arguing the two mutually exclusive reasons AT THE SAME TIME

ie- no good because they are too poor AND too wealthy
too industrious AND too lazy etc

personally ive have never been able to make someone with these views modify their distorted perspective--- it often makes it worse so well always have a certain % of our population that harbours these beliefs

ashley_rb

Mar 2, 2006
OpnSrc said:
I didn't write it ...

You didn't write it? Really? Their's evidence that suggests you did:

Its your signature, that little poem at the end of your posts:

"I can bring you pain, I can bring you sudden pleasure
Your life will only gain if your love's final measure"

OpnSrc said:
When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english.

Its easy to blame the neighbourhood, its harder to blame your own heart. If you truly believe your not a racist or don't have any hatred for one particular group you would have never had the motivation to post the poem in the first.

That's the clearest evidence of all.

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
I would rather see the children of this nation have it better than immigrants.

Canadian Government seniors policy:

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!
And maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470 00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.

But people with ultra-liberal, political correctiveness want our immigrating friends to be comfortable and feel "accomodated".

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
ashley_rb said:
OpnSrc said:
I didn't write it ...

You didn't write it? Really? Their's evidence that suggests you did:

Its your signature, that little poem at the end of your posts:

"I can bring you pain, I can bring you sudden pleasure
Your life will only gain if your love's final measure"

OpnSrc said:
When I lived in Brampton... I rented a basement apartment from a couple who came to Canada from Turkey. Neither could barely speak any english.

Its easy to blame the neighbourhood, its harder to blame your own heart. If you truly believe your not a racist or don't have any hatred for one particular group you would have never had the motivation to post the poem in the first.

That's the clearest evidence of all.

Really, My Signature????? Are you daft or retarded? Go buy a 1969 Release called The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus by Spirit and listen to the song Mr. Skin before you speak up on things you know absolutely nothing about.

Secondly, I read the poem on another forum discussing the entire knife issue. I left it here for a discussion. But if you naturally assume I am a hood wearing rasist noting some 60's flower power lyrics as your proof... you are either a total rasist yourself or just plain dumb.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
On that point I agree with you quite wholeheartedly, OpnSrc.

Despite the fact that treaties were signed, I would maintain that several of those treaties were not signed in the good faith that we would sometimes be led to believe; however, the current case is not the same, in my opinion, in that we are receiving immigrants into Canada, rather than receiving them in opposition to our own wishes.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
There is absolutely no reason to call OpnSrc a racist simply because he posted this poem. He posted it, as he said, for discussion. I have, many times, posted something controversial in order to get a discussion going. This one promises to be a good one, but can be conducted as easily without the slings and arrows.