I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A hundred and ninety passengers and crew

were saved today when a Boeing 757-200 ran out of fuel while still 200 miles from the airport. A flock of several thousand birds came to the rescue. Every bird grabbed hold of the aircraft where it could and flapped it's wings like crazy. In the picture, the birds have just released the aircraft and it made a successful landing.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Those things get sucked into the engine.....

The plane won't like it! Nor will the passengers.

Neat picture tho....I guess the plane disturbed their nesting place...

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Wednesday's Child said:
Those things get sucked into the engine.....

The plane won't like it! Nor will the passengers.

Actually they do. Its a cost cutting maneuver. The birds are sucked into the engines, pureed, roasted and piped to the gallery.

Some days its gravy, others its soup.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Plane, schmane, think about the beer in the latest picture. A national tragedy, and all you can think about is a birded airplane? 8O

Besides, take a look at the birds in the picture, proportionall, they are too big in comparison to the plane . . . they aren't surrounding the plane, they are between the photographer and the plane, and probably quite a safe distance off. :D

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Those are fan jets which would bypass most of the bird around the engine. Those that sucked into the compressors may cause some damage.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
missile said:
The birds were actually attracted to the plane by its use of the new sardine flavoured jet fuel.

:lol: I guess jets will likely never switch to biodiesel, eh??

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

It is NOT a shark as some have said on Internet sites and in emails.

Here is another shot. It's a few frames later in the series. Clearly, it's a Dolphin.
Dolphins are a normal, daily sighting in Malibu, CA..