Strange happenings near radar dome

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Strange happenings near radar dome

RICHARD BATSON

20 February 2006 08:30

The giant grey "golf ball" cuts a sinister shape on the seaside skyline as it goes about its silent duty of helping protect the nation.

But strange things, that could be part of an X-Files episode, are happening in the shadow of the radar dome.

Frightened motorists have had their engines and lights cut out, while instrument dials crash to zero or speed to 150mph as they cruise past the landmark on the North Norfolk coast.

Mother-of-two Kerrie Maydew, who does a "school run" past the Trimingham radar unit, has been a victim half a dozen times.

The first time saw her dashboard go dead - and when she pulled into a local garage mechanics found all her electric windows and indicators had failed too.

It turned out the main fuse box of her reliable Nissan Almera had been "fried" and needed replacing at the cost of £300. The next few times it just saw the dials drop to zero, but it was just as scary.

"It is frightening. The first time I dare not turn off my ignition in case the car would not start again and left me stranded," said Mrs Maydew from Mundesley.

"I am a bit more used to it now, but your heart still goes in your mouth each time. It only ever happens when I drive past the radar golf ball towards Cromer - so it must be what is causing it."

"We have lived here for about five years, but it is only been happening the past couple of months," said the 39-year-old from Church Lane.

There has been a steady stream of trouble-hit cars turning up at the nearest garage - Crayford and Abbs on Cromer Road at Mundesley - where both the bosses have also been victims.

One of them, Neil Crayford, is a former RAF radar operator, so he brings some expertise to the baffling problem.

"We must have had 30 cars in with problems over the past couple of months. And they are only the ones we know about, so there could be more. It is a mixture of lights and engines cutting out, along with dashboards going haywire."

Mr Crayford said his headlights and dashboard cut out for a few seconds as he drove past in convoy one night with a colleague - who suffered exactly the same fate.

"It is a bit scary in the dark, suddenly having no lights on a country road - even for a few seconds," he added.

Most of the cars have been repaired by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, which seems to re-set the electronics.

"I have talked to people who live near the dome, but it doesn't seem to affect their televisions or radios - so it is just something in cars it appears to affect," said Mr Crayford.

His business partner Kevin Abbs also suffered electrical problems at the dome, while delivering a customer's car after service - so it was in perfect working order when it began the journey.

During six years in the RAF as a fighter controller Mr Crayford worked at Trimingham's "mother station" at Neatishead before joining the motor trade.

He is barred under the Official Secrets Act from saying too much about the dome - which is a key part of the national air defence system.

But he said: "Something must have changed - either the frequency or output - for this to happen.

"I lodged an official complaint with the Ministry of Defence two weeks ago, but incidents are still happening. We get about five a week, and had three more on Friday."

An MoD spokeswoman confirmed it was investigating complaints about the radar head interfering with cars.

But she added that there were other private users on the same frequency range as the Type 43 radar spinning inside the dome.

The radar was "operating legally" and there were "no guarantees the Trimingham radar is the cause of the reported incidents."

The spokeswoman also pointed out it was the responsibility of car makers to protect vehicle electrical systems, and that car handbooks warned of possible malfunctions close to radar transmitters.

As they say in the X-Files ….The truth is out there.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news...gory=news&itemid=NOED19 Feb 2006 19:47:44:980

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
It's the dome. All radios and radio related equipment put out a mild electromagnetic pulse field (EMP). Usually these EMP fields are so minute that they're not even noticed but if concentrated they can impact cars in the way that is being described. The EMP field could be magnified by something as simple as the polarization of the ionosphere. Sometimes the layers of the sphere shift, with the D, E, and F layers either coming closer together or moving further apart. When this happens radio signals can be either greatly amplified or greatly surpressed. In some cases the E layer can make a drastic change in a short period of time, which lasts from minutes to months on end. This change is called sporadic E and during a sporadic E period signals are increased 50 fold. For example a radio broadcasting from Edmonton may normally only be able to hit another radio at a range of 25km. However with sporadic E that same radio can broadcast a wave through the E layer and have it relayed to Japan. Keep in mind that the ionosphere only really comes in to play with skywave radio waves, something that a radar site relies on. Just my 35 cents.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Pist Haggis; Mogz works for the government (spy I think) which means he will cover up the truth. It's aliens, I have been decoding messages from the Micro-wave for two weeks and the washing machine is starting to send me encrypted faxes. It looks like an invasion is emminent.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Sassylassie said:
Pist Haggis; Mogz works for the government (spy I think) which means he will cover up the truth. It's aliens, I have been decoding messages from the Micro-wave for two weeks and the washing machine is starting to send me encrypted faxes. It looks like an invasion is emminent.

AH HA!!! I knew it!!! :lol:

I started to suspect something was afoot when my dishes came out of the dishwasher with stigmatas of aliens on them. 8O

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Latest up-date, while empting the washer I found a note (very difficult to decyper) it said 100% silk to not wash dry clean only. Now this was a full length teddy and now it's a bra. Now how can any doubt my Mother Ship theory.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Sassylassie said:
Latest up-date, while empting the washer I found a note (very difficult to decyper) it said 100% silk to not wash dry clean only. Now this was a full length teddy and now it's a bra. Now how can any doubt my Mother Ship theory.

:lol: :lol: :lol: !! What evil-minded aliens. They didn't want you to be as covered up, obviously. They like their Earthlings nekkid, nekkid as jaybirds, or damn close to it. These same aliens are probably lurking at our CanCon Wreck Beach, the naughty things.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Jim don't leave your drink unattended, they could slip you something and don't have more than two drinks ya gotta keep your guard up. Haggis, my god their plot is they want us naked. The inside of the washing machine looks different, I think they installed a Space gate to the Mother-Ship. Latest update: When I put two socks in the washer they transported one of the socks to the Mother Ship, what do you think they need all the socks for?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's hard to say exactly, but once while I was doing the laundry, I pulled two socks out of the dryer that I didn't put in there...