What is your favorite store? What stores to you hate?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I love HOME HARDWARE, Canadian Tire, Lee Valley. I don't know what half the stuff is for but I love tools. I hate Walmart, Home Despot the "Worst Customer Service Award" goes to this store. The dollar store, they sell junk.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I like Winners, and, for some reason, London Drugs. I like sports stores, computer shops, and hardware stores. Like you, I despise Walmart and Home Despot.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
the B&O Store
the Apple Store
Sur la table
REI
ferrariquebec
dizzy's cycle
ecomarine ocean kayak centre
y franks appliances
the cat hospital

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Any book store - anywhere - anytime

Tuesday Mornings

Cost Plus World Market

Starbucks - anywhere - anytime

I don't hate any stores - I just ignore them and don't visit

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I don't hate; but United Book Stores isn't on my good side :evil: I went in and signed up last year to one of their subscription services and ordered a number of periodicals. for 5 months,I went in to check if something had come in for me & Nothing! So, basically I told them to stuff it and cancelled.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Well, we like Walmart. Not my fav. But I used to like Kmart until they closed all their stores in my area. I don't care much for Target, but I like Best Buy better than any other store.

Uncle

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Barnes & Noble Bookstores, they never bother you when you pickup a book from their shelfs and hang out with a cup of coffee and read. Love it!

Everything I else, I buy online.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
That's one of the nice things about the book stores in my little city..two slightly retarded people,a brother & sister,go to every mag and book store here and read everything for free and no one has ever kicked them out[except me once] or had them arrested.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I see there is alot of fellow readers. I belong to several book clubs (No not Botice rippers, gag) but I to love book stores.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I like when you walk into a shop and the clerk asks if he/she can help you find something..the first time! After the second and third attempt to "help" me, I just walk out as they really do not want my business. Sometimes,I just feel like looking around and browsing :)

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I love Used Book stores, I can browse for hours. I often pick early addsions up at Antique Auctions for mere peanuts.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Sassylassie said:
I love Used Book stores, I can browse for hours. I often pick early addsions up at Antique Auctions for mere peanuts.

I love these too. We have a small chain in our city, and I have to discipline myself about going in there. I have books that are 10 years old that I haven't been able to get to - I need to catch up first.

Uncle

Soupkan

Feb 6, 2006
Well not a big time Wal mart lover no no no!
I do like Giant Tiger in our small town but in the city I enjoyed Pier 1

Soupkan

Feb 6, 2006
I am not a big Wal mart lover no,no,no.
I like Giant Tiger it;s all we have here in our tiny little town but when in the city I enjoy Pier 1 and Reitmans.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bookstores - especially ones with coffee bars attached are great places to meet prospective dates.... a lot better than bars.

I especially love used book stores too....where you can find out of print books you loaned ten years ago to someone who never returned them.