Jan.23-The Most Depressing Day?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
supposedly this is the most depressing day of the year due to the weather,post Christmas blues and the credit card debt incrued because of it--but may I suggest the upcoming Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine :(

Eazy

Jan 22, 2006
RE: Jan.23-The Most Depre

eh, it's not so bad. Don't let it get to ya, go out and buy something nice for yourself. That always makes me feel better.

poligeek

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Toronto
Maybe politics is trying to do a public service by diverting our attentions onto something..... or maybe they're trying to increase the depression... eitherway...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
missile said:
Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine :(

In case I forget on Valentines day...Happy Valentines day, Missle. I would ask you to be MY valentine, but ..... :)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
missile said:
supposedly this is the most depressing day of the year due to the weather,post Christmas blues and the credit card debt incrued because of it--but may I suggest the upcoming Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine :(

Hmmm ... how many do YOU send out? ;) I have a friend with the same complaint as that every year, but when asked how many valentine's cards he sent, the answer was zero. He sits back and waits for the world to come to his door ... ain't exactly happening ;)

The best thing about any holiday, for me at least, is taking a moment to make sure someone who is alone gets some kind of greeting. I truly do get more joy out of making someone elses' day than anything else and since I live in a building with lots of lonely seniors, I have lots of opportunity. Somehow it seems I come out waaaaay ahead in these exchanges ... moreso than the gifts I receive.

But I shall add you to my list this year! ;)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: Jan.23-The Most Depre

yerxa said:
Valentine's Day is a scam by the chocolate companies, don't even think about it.
Sacrilege!! Off with his head!

Man, any holiday that is about chocolate is worth celebrating to me. ;) That IS the point of Valentines, right?? Chocolate???

animator

Dec 27, 2005
missile said:

Check this: http://www.acme.com/heartmaker/
You can start your Valentine planning now.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Re: Valentines. I may have sounded like I wanted a lot of sympathy but was merely speaking on behalf of "all the lonely people of the world"[magnanimous of me,eh?]I'm at that point where I see a couple holding hands and want to slap them silly..anything to wake them out of their stupors. You know that old saying "twice bitten,twice shy".. well, I am third bitten :twisted: Don't waste any love or affection on me,please.

animator

Dec 27, 2005
missile said:
Re: Valentines. I may have sounded like I wanted a lot of sympathy but was merely speaking on behalf of "all the lonely people of the world"[magnanimous of me,eh?]I'm at that point where I see a couple holding hands and want to slap them silly..anything to wake them out of their stupors. You know that old saying "twice bitten,twice shy".. well, I am third bitten :twisted: Don't waste any love or affection on me,please.

I don't suppose this is going to help much then ...

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The Society Of the little Flower[a Catholic charity] sent me a couple of valentines this year,looking for another donation from me. Of course,I sent along a cheque :) ,but what would I do with the cards? Religious themed Valentines Day card seem bizarre. Maybe I should send them to some priests sans signature,but with the suggestion they came from one of their alterboys :lol: :lol: