Jan.23-The Most Depressing Day?

missile
supposedly this is the most depressing day of the year due to the weather,post Christmas blues and the credit card debt incrued because of it--but may I suggest the upcoming Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine

I think not
Cheer up missile, today democracy speaks

Eazy
eh, it's not so bad. Don't let it get to ya, go out and buy something nice for yourself. That always makes me feel better.

poligeek
Maybe politics is trying to do a public service by diverting our attentions onto something..... or maybe they're trying to increase the depression... eitherway...

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine

In case I forget on Valentines day...Happy Valentines day, Missle. I would ask you to be MY valentine, but .....

Cosmo

supposedly this is the most depressing day of the year due to the weather,post Christmas blues and the credit card debt incrued because of it--but may I suggest the upcoming Valentine's Day as far more of a depressant to those of us who are alone and never receive a Valentine

Hmmm ... how many do YOU send out? I have a friend with the same complaint as that every year, but when asked how many valentine's cards he sent, the answer was zero. He sits back and waits for the world to come to his door ... ain't exactly happening

The best thing about any holiday, for me at least, is taking a moment to make sure someone who is alone gets some kind of greeting. I truly do get more joy out of making someone elses' day than anything else and since I live in a building with lots of lonely seniors, I have lots of opportunity. Somehow it seems I come out waaaaay ahead in these exchanges ... moreso than the gifts I receive.

But I shall add you to my list this year!

yerxa
Valentine's Day is a scam by the chocolate companies, don't even think about it. Besides, today the whole country gets screwed over, what could make for a better day?

I think not
Gee Zuzz, everybody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, cheer up people, the sky ain't gonna fall on anyone.

Jay
I woke up in a spectacular mood today.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by yerxa

Valentine's Day is a scam by the chocolate companies, don't even think about it.

Sacrilege!! Off with his head!

Man, any holiday that is about chocolate is worth celebrating to me. That IS the point of Valentines, right?? Chocolate???

yerxa
Chocolate gives me a headache, I have to stay as far away from it as possible. And it really doesn't help that I have a bag of chocolate mints on the floor beside me.

lucy66
Can everybody else feel the love around here?

animator

Check this: www.acme.com/heartmaker/ (external - login to view)
You can start your Valentine planning now.

missile
Re: Valentines. I may have sounded like I wanted a lot of sympathy but was merely speaking on behalf of "all the lonely people of the world"[magnanimous of me,eh?]I'm at that point where I see a couple holding hands and want to slap them silly..anything to wake them out of their stupors. You know that old saying "twice bitten,twice shy".. well, I am third bitten Don't waste any love or affection on me,please.

animator

Re: Valentines. I may have sounded like I wanted a lot of sympathy but was merely speaking on behalf of "all the lonely people of the world"[magnanimous of me,eh?]I'm at that point where I see a couple holding hands and want to slap them silly..anything to wake them out of their stupors. You know that old saying "twice bitten,twice shy".. well, I am third bitten Don't waste any love or affection on me,please.

I don't suppose this is going to help much then ...
Attached Images
missile_156.jpg (2.6 KB, 427 views)

missile
The Society Of the little Flower[a Catholic charity] sent me a couple of valentines this year,looking for another donation from me. Of course,I sent along a cheque ,but what would I do with the cards? Religious themed Valentines Day card seem bizarre. Maybe I should send them to some priests sans signature,but with the suggestion they came from one of their alterboys

no new posts