Entering Military

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
It is finally happened.

On my profile I said that I joined the military and was apart of the military.

Well, I passed everything and met all the requirements, was on the unit's roster and everything but until today, I hadn't had my swearing in ceremony yet to make it all official.

So after a whole year of waiting, I along with my sister and another guy who waited 3 years to get into our unit were finally sworn into our unit here.

And next friday we get our uniforms and everything.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well if you joined the military because you sincerely wanted to, then best of luck to you.

Of course, I love the military. But I am gaining useful skills from it so I can go on foreign missions, mostly to the U.N.

The warrant in the unit has been to Cyprus and Iraq and other places so hopefully he can give me some useful info, since he's been in for 37 years.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I only said that, because many students choose the military because they cannot afford going to post secondary schools. If you love the military, fine, like I said, best of luck.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Maybe one day you can advance into Secretary General of the UN, they we can talk about you on Canadian Content

How did you know my goal?

That is exactly what i hope for. A nice long military career, with the U.N and Canada, and finally ending up as the Secretary general of the U.N. or the Prime Minister of Canada.

Can't wait till Friday when I get by gear and kevlar vest, and dog tags.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Jersay said:
It is finally happened.

Well, I passed everything and met all the requirements, was on the unit's roster and everything but until today, I hadn't had my swearing in ceremony yet to make it all official.

So after a whole year of waiting, I along with my sister and another guy who waited 3 years to get into our unit were finally sworn into our unit here.

Good man, we need more meatshields. ;) I heard you mention you unit, are you a reservist? If so, what Unit?

I'm a Shad myself, but I'm on the Navy side. Hope you like your time in the CF!!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Jersay said:
It is finally happened.

Congratulations, and good luck. I was never interested in joining myself, but I do believe that it's an important part of society, so I'm glad others want to.

I hope you've read "Shake Hands With the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire. I think it should be essential reading for every federal politician, and every member of the military. As well as everyone in the foreign service, and everyone who works at the UN....oh hell, everyone should read it. If you haven't read it yet, please do.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I hope you've read "Shake Hands With the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire. I think it should be essential reading for every federal politician, and every member of the military. As well as everyone in the foreign service, and everyone who works at the UN....oh hell, everyone should read it. If you haven't read it yet, please do.

Yeah, i am going too, I think it is extremely interesting to see the dynamics of what goes on behind the scenes and everything. :D

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
It is an interesting learning experience.

I have eye-opening memories from my time with the forces. I learned a lot about leadership (i was an officer) that i most likely would have not learned elsewhere.

cheers, and enjoy the experience.

i hope our forces become specialized in the future. "World class" in certian areas combined with a renewed R&D focus that generates techology for the forces and the civilians. Imagine canada as a world leader in detection, survailence, early response. Well, it will be a while off if Harper gets his way.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
It is an interesting learning experience.

I have eye-opening memories from my time with the forces. I learned a lot about leadership (i was an officer) that i most likely would have not learned elsewhere.

cheers, and enjoy the experience.

i hope our forces become specialized in the future. "World class" in certian areas combined with a renewed R&D focus that generates techology for the forces and the civilians. Imagine canada as a world leader in detection, survailence, early response. Well, it will be a while off if Harper gets his way.

Congratulations Jersay. We thank you for your service.

And we thank you for your service too, caracal.

You know, I think the military in any country or most countries is a unifier. Because, look, you've got people who could be on the right and left of the political spectrum but they support the military just the same. I think its great.

And back on topic, unlike Caracel I am going in as a private so I gain some experience with the NCOs before going as an officer.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My military experience

was with the then, RCAF. The government paid me to fly airplanes for a few years back in the late fifties. I was stationed in southern Germany for my whole operational career.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
My military experience

was with the then, RCAF. The government paid me to fly airplanes for a few years back in the late fifties. I was stationed in southern Germany for my whole operational career.

Wow, what kind of planes were you flying?

And was the Cold War a concern for you and the base that you were stationed at or not?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Jersay

Well you are getting your wish and I thank you for your service - and hope you will find it all you expect it to be personally.

I wonder if the CF are allowed to e-mail and blog? Why I ask is I read a couple of people who are in Iraq regularly and their entries in blogs have been a great source of information to me, rather than trusting the filtered news we get here.

Perhaps when things sort themselves out and you have your mission assigned, you could start a blog or at least contribute here so we can follow your progress. Who knows you may start encouraging others to follow your steps.

Best wishes to you Jersay! Meanwhile you still have a few days to give us all what for around here! :p

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Jersay

Well you are getting your wish and I thank you for your service - and hope you will find it all you expect it to be personally.

I wonder if the CF are allowed to e-mail and blog? Why I ask is I read a couple of people who are in Iraq regularly and their entries in blogs have been a great source of information to me, rather than trusting the filtered news we get here.

Perhaps when things sort themselves out and you have your mission assigned, you could start a blog or at least contribute here so we can follow your progress. Who knows you may start encouraging others to follow your steps.

Best wishes to you Jersay! Meanwhile you still have a few days to give us all what for around here!

When I do have a missioned assigned to me, I would probably do that Wednesday Child.

Not going anywhere yet! Just collecting my uniform and gear that I need.

But when I do get assigned somewhere, where ever it may be i will make sure you guys know what's happening.