Friday the 13th

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
A Friday occurring on the 13th day of any month is considered to be a day of bad luck in many superstitions around the globe. Similar superstitions exist in some other traditions. In Greece and Spain, for example, Tuesday the 13th takes the same role. The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia, paraskevidekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia, a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.

So are you superstitious?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No, I'm not.

Friday the 13th is the day the Catholic Church burned Jack De Molay....I do believe this is why it is considered unlucky.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
this has been the nicest day we've had this year :) most friday 13ths are good ones for me. just wish I could've found a nice ladder to walk under..although I did find a black cat.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I think not said:
A Friday occurring on the 13th day of any month is considered to be a day of bad luck in many superstitions around the globe. Similar superstitions exist in some other traditions. In Greece and Spain, for example, Tuesday the 13th takes the same role. The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia, paraskevidekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia, a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a phobia (fear) of the number thirteen.

So are you superstitious?

Nah, I never found those Jason movies scary at all.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well, so its Friday the 13th. Nothing bad happened to me, except I sleepwalked down the stairs. :D

Maybe that is why my dad almost hit me with a baseball bat. :lol:

Other then that, to me, it is when Tupac died.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Full moon, friday the 13th!! Sorry, I wouldn't mess with too many things today.

I wouldn't be trusting a condom.
I wouldn't want to fly.
I'm really not even going to drive any distance
I'm trying to avoid people so I don't beat their brains in.
Really should be getting off the comp soon before it crashes.
I'm sure any discussions with my kid will turn into a screaming match.

But I'm not superstitous. Oh, and don't forget... PORT DOVER PARTY

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Always found Friday the 13th to be a lucky day for me. :) Today seems to be no exception! Been a great day all around. :)

Toro

Senate Member