Ghosts of Christmas Past

Jo Canadian
Whilest being bored at work I came across images from the 1979 Sears Wishbook...Do any of these items bring back memories? Each image will take you to a certain section, then just click on next to go through the list.

www.rubberring.org/rubberring.php (external - login to view)

no1important
In the 70's when I was a kid, I used to love going through that wish book. It was like a tradition and was exciting when it arrived.

mrmom2
My kids still go through the wishbook and circle stuff every year

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

My kids still go through the wishbook and circle stuff every year

heck......I still do it myself..
there is something so symbolic and traditional about the Sears Wishbook... and it evokes those youthful memories of fantasizing /and "wishing"/dreaming..

( sigh)

mrmom2
Yep i like watching em They get so excited

missile
I made the mistake of telling my grandkids [a few years ago] to just circle anything in the Wish book that they wanted for Christmas. I wasn't too shocked to find every single item in the toy section circled

Jay
Many, many moons ago, it was the Eatons cataloge.

bevvyd
Oh I remember when the Wish Book would come, pages were ear marked, Mom & Dad were kept constantly up to date on any changes or additions. But mostly what I miss the most is the togetherness it brought with us kids. Me and my sis and bro all laying on the livingroom floor by the tree, each one of us anxious to turn the page to see what else there was to wish for.

Hard-Luck Henry
I wasn't allowed toys as a child. I got an orange, and a piece of coal. To make matters worse, I found out later it wasn't even a real orange, it was a tangerine.

peapod