Christmas shopping yet?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I have no idea what Canadians buy for Christmas - I guess the same thing as we do, except maybe heavier clothing. Here are some of the things stacked in the closet to be wrapped:

Xbox
Laptop
Disney Computer
Full size piano - well, that is in the garage
Gift certificates
2 iPod Nanos
3 Gameboys, 3 Games
Stainless steel range - in garage

What's on your list?

Uncle

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Is this a beauty contest. :p okay I will bite hows about :idea: World peace...oh you said christmas shopping...well no, and I don't plan on doing it either, I am not a cog in the wheel of commerce, I make and decide my own festivities...but I will take the turkey dinner with dat clan that burdeons me.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I still haven't started my shopping and don't think the wife has either. I usually wait till after Thanksgiving (which by the way is the week-end after next). I equate thanksgiving to the start of Christmas season.

We don't look forward to the huge lines and traffic jams, but it is something that my family goes through every year. It's a sacrifice that many of us go through, but all in good faith. Christmas is a time of giving and the best part comes when others appreciate what you got for them.

Still clueless as to where to start with the shopping...? ... maybe the sporting goods store....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Six gift certificates,and one more to buy. A gigantic dollhouse and doll furniture for my #1granddaughter and two Pyrate ship kits for the #1 grandson.And that's it! Most of my spending goes to various charities this time of year :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
One year, I had no other chance to do any shopping until the 24th of December. This was probably the most horrible shopping experience I have ever had! The crowds! The noise! AARRGH!!!

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Christmas shopping.... uggghhh! I'll wait until Christmas Eve, like I always do, then shop with military precision. A list drawn up with everything I need to buy, a map drawn up of where to buy it and a minute by minute schedule. By that time the only people in the mall are wild-eyed husbands trying not to blow it with the missus. Maybe I'll do all my shopping online this year?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Christmas shopping yet?

manda said:
I have toys for each of the boys so far, one game and one book, clothing for the hubby...and ideas for the rest of the boys and the family....not looking forward to the rest, my poor wallet, my poor sanity?

Have you seen the new Leapster that attaches to the TV? It's $99 in the states, and it has games for different learning levels. Like grades 1-4. It looks really cool. I got "I Spy" to go with it for a special little girl.

Uncle

CyberSlash69

Nov 17, 2005
www.getusum.com
RE: Christmas shopping ye

My girl and I already bought our present to each other, a Panasonic 42" Flat Panel HDTV. I think there might be a Ring in her future so I am holding back on the huge spending.
Going to get my parents a couple of gift certs and some other little stuff, not sure about anyone else.