beks cafe/chit chat corner, lol

Colpy
Oh, I only wish I could be at the cancer Cafe. Been off the smokes for 3 months.

I LOVE TOBACCO!!!!!

But, I am an overweight 51 years old.

I'd like to see 55.

missile
You're lucky then that second hand smoke can't be transmitted over the Net[I just smoked a few since signing in]

manda
I can understand why you go without. My mother was in the same boat, only with a heart condition. I'd love to quit, but I'm just not there with the will power. Yet

I'm an almost underweight 26 year old, but it's just as beneficial for me to quit as it is for you. i would like to see 55 myself

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

You're lucky then that second hand smoke can't be transmitted over the Net[I just smoked a few since signing in]

The thing is I love second-hand smoke.........I'm a real junkie.

I quit once before for FIVE YEARS.......and went back to it.

In my macho job, about 70% of the guys smoke. I guess it goes with guns and armoured trucks.

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

I can understand why you go without. My mother was in the same boat, only with a heart condition. I'd love to quit, but I'm just not there with the will power. Yet

I'm an almost underweight 26 year old, but it's just as beneficial for me to quit as it is for you. i would like to see 55 myself

Yeah

Literally the hardest part is to accept and envision yourself as a non-smoker.

I tried the drug thing when I quit for five years...what's it called? It is a relative of Paxil. (Zyban, that's it)

Well, I hope I never get depressed. The warnings include "may cause anxiety", in a very small number of people.

Well, I got anxious, and due to my wonderfully benevolent character, I expressed it as anger. I tore a strip off my boss using every word you can think of you SHOULDN'T say to a boss.

I guess I was not my usual self at home, either. Finally, my wife and sister-in-law sat me down and said STOP.

So I quit cold turkey.

GreenGreta
Colpy, if that was what you turned into by not smoking, here's a carton on me.

It seems Beks has stopped serving, maybe SHE has a temp who can bring us some beers.

missile
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

In my macho job, about 70% of the guys smoke. I guess it goes with guns and armoured trucks.

Some of the vans used to transport money would be very easy to knock off,eh?The guards would be the only obstacle and you'd have to shoot to kill to stop the robbers. My question is this: Legally,have you that right? One of the posties used to do that for Brinks in his off hours and never would give me the answer

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

It seems Beks has stopped serving, maybe SHE has a temp who can bring us some beers.

How about a Keith's for me?

It wasn't the not smoking, it was the Zyban. You take Zyban for a time while you still smoke. All the above happened while I was still smoking.

The stuff does weird things to some people.

Cold Turkey is tough, but I was actually surprized how good natured I was, once off the drugs.

Colpy

Some of the vans used to transport money would be very easy to knock off,eh?The guards would be the only obstacle and you'd have to shoot to kill to stop the robbers. My question is this: Legally,have you that right? One of the posties used to do that for Brinks in his off hours and never would give me the answer

Your postie was a good employee, if a little over-zealous perhaps. We are forbidden to discuss operational matters, period.

The short answer is Yes.

missile
It was way too much for me to give up the 3 things in life I enjoyed[smoking,drinking and sex]..so I kept on smoking

beks

hey,no no, serving goes on 24/7 guys, never fear if ya dont hear from me, had tech probs this weekend, but im back, and the temp covered me, hope she was ok.

more beers on the way.

beks

How about a Keith's for me?

It wasn't the not smoking, it was the Zyban. You take Zyban for a time while you still smoke. All the above happened while I was still smoking.

Cold Turkey is tough, but I was actually surprized how good natured I was, once off the drugs.

a Keiths coming right up

Summer
Beks, what's needed here is a full cast of barkeep characters you can just leave in charge whenever you're not here. Even if they're imaginary, as so are the beers!

Twila
Quote:

I used it to quit. Haven't smoked in 7 months (yay me!) Zyban made me even more hyper then I normally am. I was up and outside gardening at 7 in the morning. I couldn't sit still! And that was once I got use to the stuff. Before that I felt like I was high on crack!

But....I don't smoke and I don't particularily want to smoke so it's all good

Twila
Quote:

I used it to quit. Haven't smoked in 7 months (yay me!) Zyban made me even more hyper then I normally am. I was up and outside gardening at 7 in the morning. I couldn't sit still! And that was once I got use to the stuff. Before that I felt like I was high on crack!

Jay
Good job, Twila!

I have to quite in the near future....

Twila
Thanks Jay. But just to warn you I've been posting and updating everyone just about every month since I quit. I figure it may help to keep me from starting. That and I don't get to toot my horn often so I'll take any opportunity that I can.........

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Quote:

good job Twila. you is 5 months ahead of YT. Into the third month now......and getting easier. ("cold turkey") Feels so delightfully FREE. Amazing how perceptions change after one quits.

Jay
It's a good reason to toot your own horn, if you ask me.

Twila
Quote:

good job Twila. you is 5 months ahead of YT. Into the third month now......and getting easier. ("cold turkey") Feels so delightfully FREE. Amazing how perceptions change after one quits.

Thanks Ocean. It IS amazing the differences in perception! and the amount of extra time is amazing too. Who'd have thought that smoking took up so much time! Or that you were as much a slave as that to it?

beks
awwwww you guys im so proud of all you that have quit smoking, tis amazing, keep it up, and i'll keep the beers flowing, lmao

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Quote:

Thanks Ocean. It IS amazing the differences in perception! and the amount of extra time is amazing too. Who'd have thought that smoking took up so much time! Or that you were as much a slave as that to it?

Yeah. I didn't realize how liberated I was during my five years off them until I went back to smoking for a year.

One of the things that irritated me was the constant questions "Where are my smokes?" "Do I have enough? "

A slave to tobacco.

And congrats to the quiters.

beks
soooooooooooooooo

whos for coffee???????

lmfao

Colpy
Me!

Been engaged in an ongoing (I think since the day I got here) spat with the Rev.

He is the most bull-headed old bastard I ever had to deal with.

I think I like him.

Reminds me of someone I know.

Now if I could just getb him to be reasonable.........

Cream and sugar, please.

beks

Me!

Been engaged in an ongoing (I think since the day I got here) spat with the Rev.

I think I like him.

Cream and sugar, please.

heres ur coffee colpy with cream and sugar for u to add, lol.

now......whats this ongoing spat ur talking about?

GreenGreta
<<We love the Rev. We love the Rev.>>

Chanting and banging our feet against the floor.

missile
He's the only religious leader I listen to

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by beks

Me!

I think I like him.

Cream and sugar, please.

heres ur coffee colpy with cream and sugar for u to add, lol.

now......whats this ongoing spat ur talking about?

Turns out he's not as old as I thought.......

Not a specific spat, just lots and lots of disagreement.

Good for the head you know.

This election is going to be fun!

missile
I just went without my smokes for nearly two hours! Ihad forgotten to put a pack in my pocket before Ihit the trail. It was rough there for a few minutes...

peapod
"He is the most bull-headed old bastard I ever had to deal with.

I think I like him"

well it appears your not so bad yourself colpy, at least when it comes to judging character. Your right, the rev is well liked at this board