Need Advice

Kay

Oct 30, 2005
Hi, my name is Kay and I'm 17 years old. My boyfriend (aged almost 20) and I have been together for the better part of the 5 years we've known each other (We met when I was almost 13 and he was 15, and there's a 2 1/2 year gap in our age, nothing big to complain about in our opinions, considering we were best friends as children, and we're both very mature individuals.)
We've been best friends through everything, even though he lives in the states, and I, in Canada (We met through family friends and kept in contact) We're ready, and and feel we desperately need to be together, that we're ready to start making our life together now.
I don't have the best family life and I'm back in school trying to make something of myself, despite it all. We thought about me moving to him in Nebraska, but my family wouldn't let me leave no matter what, and I really love it here by the ocean, I'm not ready to leave my home yet. So after many deep discussions, tireless reasearching, and fruitless begging for information, trying to find some kind of loophole in the system to allow me to get to him quicker, we decided, since I don't want to drop out of school again, added to the fact that we were told on another message board (none so kindly, mind you :mad: ) that it would be smarter for him to try to come here. We want him to move here to stay with me until I finish school, and then we want to move back to his family when we're ready to get married (when I'm older) That way we can avoid the whole 7 years of attaining my citizenship and the testing thing and go right for the marriage visa. I love him, and he loves me and we really need to be together but we have very few ideas about how to get him here because all our researching went towards moving me there. He is an American citizen, and I, Canadian. If anybody could help, we'd be very grateful.
Thank you kindly, and please don't mind my extensive explanation. Apparently, on the last message board we asked for advice on, supposedly due to a lack of knowledge of the system and how it worked, we got nothing but judgemental people who were very innapropriate about their suggestions towards our relationship, and we were very offended.
Thanks again,
Josh and Kay