Can this be fixed

GreenGreta
If you pick up your tv and throw it on the ground and it breaks, can you fix it?

missile
Short answer: No It must have been a very bad show for you to do this,i just shut mine off when some rubbish on TV offends me.

Reverend Blair
Theoretically, anything can be fixed. The question you have to ask if it's worth fixing.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

If you pick up your tv and throw it on the ground and it breaks, can you fix it?

Greta.......now you REALLY got me curious. Were you fed up with the programming or were you trying to pitch it at someone ???

or is this a "theoretical"" question??

Twila
Time to by a new tv.

GL Schmitt
In a word, YES!

It is a simple 5-step procedure.

1). Purchase identical television receiver.
2). Reduce original television set to smallest components (This time where they were originally joined together)
3). Reduce new television set to smallest components (Also at points where they were originally joined)
4). Substitute each component of original television set with component from old television set.
5). Reassemble resultant components into your "fixed" set.

manda
It depends...did you stomp on it to?

i've learned that if you stomp on it...the little things you crush cant be fixed.

#juan
Owing to mysterious property called inertia, a property that I have in greater abundance as I get older, my solution is a little simpler, and requires only three steps.

1. Purchase identical television receiver.

2. print the word "fixed" on small sticker

3. Affix sticker to side of new TV. Sweep old tv into garbage.

PS - You may want to keep old TV to throw around at your whim. Be cheaper that continually buying new TVs and stickers.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

Owing to mysterious property called inertia, a property that I have in greater abundance as I get older, my solution is a little simpler, and requires only three steps.

1. Purchase identical television receiver.

2. print the word "fixed" on small sticker

3. Affix sticker to side of new TV. Sweep old tv into garbage.

PS - You may want to keep old TV to throw around at your whim. Be cheaper that continually buying new TVs and stickers.

Excellent idea /plan. this would have my vote.

no1important
Quote:

Owing to mysterious property called inertia

You sure it is not god pushing it down?

GreenGreta
No I didn't stomp on it too.

I just think Monica should have never married Chandler and that is that.

I am buying a new tv and affixing a "fixed" sticker to it. I like that one the best.

Ocean Breeze

No I didn't stomp on it too.

I just think Monica should have never married Chandler and that is that.

I am buying a new tv and affixing a "fixed" sticker to it. I like that one the best.

Greta......you made my day brighter......( amidst the rain)...... Ya sure take that stuff seriously , don't cha??

Keep the old one .........should the urge strike again...

what a hoot. Have a terrific day........

manda
can I kick it an stomp on it? I'll take the old or the new to abuse

Can I have a sticker?

GreenGreta
Manda and Ocean too, let's make it a party, I would love if you came to visit (kick the **** out of, throw, stomp on, pour water into the slots, whatever strikes you) the tv. I think I may keep it just in case the urge comes again. It was pretty fun.

Ocean Breeze

Manda and Ocean too, let's make it a party, I would love if you came to visit (kick the **** out of, throw, stomp on, pour water into the slots, whatever strikes you) the tv. I think I may keep it just in case the urge comes again. It was pretty fun.

you got it.., just say when.

( have to admit........that this same urge comes over me......should I see the bushman on the telee. ........so far I have maintained by changing the channel.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

( have to admit........that this same urge comes over me......should I see the bushman on the telee. ........so far I have maintained by changing the channel.

I just like to break stuff from time to time...does the body good

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

I just like to break stuff from time to time...does the body good

..........and the mind too.

manda

Quote: Originally Posted by mandaQuote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeQuote: Originally Posted by GreenGretaManda and Ocean too, let's make it a party, I would love if you came to visit (kick the **** out of, throw, stomp on, pour water into the slots, whatever strikes you) the tv. I think I may keep it just in case the urge comes again. It was pretty fun.you got it.., just say when.
( have to admit........that this same urge comes over me......should I see the bushman on the telee. ........so far I have maintained by changing the channel. I just like to break stuff from time to time...does the body good..........and the mind too.

Quote has been trimmed
for sure...especially when you have 3 kids 9 and under

GreenGreta
If I had three kids under 9 I think I would be breaking stuff myself. Their little necks comes to mind. Of course, it is this attitude that keeps me from having more children. Yup.
God, Manda, you must be a saint. Or crazy.

manda

If I had three kids under 9 I think I would be breaking stuff myself. Their little necks comes to mind. Of course, it is this attitude that keeps me from having more children. Yup.

i'll vote for the crazy...did I mention that they're all boys?

GreenGreta
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

i'll vote for the crazy...did I mention that they're all boys?

Well thank God for small favours at least. All girls would be a freakin nightmare. Think 7 years, bathrooms, makeup, tampons, AHHHHHHHH. Yes you are very lucky they are boys.

Me however, am in hell. I have a 17 year old who's most recent sickening and frightening comment was "my girlfriends parents are going to BC so I won't be home that week." Can you guess my answer? "I feckin don't think so."

manda
YOu're telling me! My boys are 9, 5 1/2 and 4, and they all know that Ihave paddles waiting for any little prostitot that wants to grace my doorway in the guise of an innocent little girlfriend.

Boys sure wear you though

GreenGreta
Yes, but one day, you will see a friend from high school. You will look at least ten years younger. Because while you are "having a blast, cause you know you are" finding shoes, books, playing with mud, splashing in puddles, going on kiddy rides and making cupcakes for birthday parties, your friends are getting drunk, screwing strangers and partying all the time.

Mud and cupcakes keep you young. You one lucky lady.

GreenGreta
Oh and that's mud AND cupcakes, not mud cupcakes.

manda
Yeah, I'm younger than most of them anyway...I'm only 26.

and I get to play with all their toys...part of the reason I have kids....an excuse!

manda

Oh and that's mud AND cupcakes, not mud cupcakes.

I hear that they make a great facial though

GreenGreta
You're 26 with a nine year old?

Oh god, you're gonna be the neighbourhood MILF. That's AWESOME.

manda

You're 26 with a nine year old?

Oh god, you're gonna be the neighbourhood MILF. That's AWESOME.

What can I say, I had fun when I was 16, and was rewarded at 17.

Neighbourhood Milf? I don't know about that, but I will be keeping an eye on the oldest when he starts hitting the bar scene

GreenGreta
God, dont' say **** like that, mine is 17. 17. AHHHHH

manda
Should I be quiet now?

I'd like to point out that I also have a sister who will be 10 in 12 more days...and she goes to the same school as my son.

Tell your son to behave or I'll come smack him around...even though he's probably bigger than me, I pack a whole lotta mean