What would you do?

manda
The current lottery here in Canada is for 40 million dollars....

What would you do with that kind of money?

I'd build my dream house, get rid of my deamon van, pay off my student loans, and my parents loans, in-laws mortgage, set up trust funds for my kids... and give to the humane society, cancer and parkinsons research and travel up north and out to BC to visit a few good folks out that way...ahh if only. I may even invest in that shared house we dreamed up

Lets here from somebody else, be imaginative folks.

no1important
Go to Cuba for a couple of months, buy a cabin somewhere on a very remote lake, buy a house and a toyota hybird suv, donate some to various charities.

Twila
buy 2 houses. 1 for the RCH cat shelter and the other for the RCH dog shelter.

Travel travel travel. Come back and donate my time to the above mentioned shelters full time.

Reverend Blair
I'd buy some new slippers. Oh, and maybe a refill for my pen.

I'd likely give a whack of it to the Stephen Lewis Foundation and the Humane Society.

I'm guessing that Mrs. Rev would want a house, so I'd have one of those built out of straw bales. It would be a bungalow...none of this going up and down the stairs crap.

I'd get a new diesel Chevy and run it on canola oil.

I guess I'd give my family some.

That's about it. Actually, I'd likely just buy the slippers and the pen refill.

MMMike
Two trips as a space tourists with the Russians??

#juan
I think I might spring for a thirty inch plazma monitor.......maybe a new Mazda RX-8........lemmy see now.............??

Reverend Blair
Get some slippers, juan. I like the ones that make monster noises when I walk.

#juan
Good Idea, maybe I could get rid of the bunny slippers the kids got me last Christmas. Every time I walk by the cat she attacks me.

Reverend Blair
The cats are afraid of my slippers. One of the dogs like to play with them though. I think she thinks they're puppies.

Ocean Breeze
Would probably have the MG rebuilt .......

Give the sibs (family) some pocket change.

Maybe buy a home........but not convinced .

Stash the rest .........Until I could decide the best use of it..

essentially..........would 'Sit on it " for a while.

(first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out..)

Reverend Blair
Quote:

first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out

I really can't imagine getting more nuisance calls and spam then I do now.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Quote:

first thing would be to change my phone number, cell number and e-mail addie. ------and move if things became unmanageable with the hands reaching out

I really can't imagine getting more nuisance calls and spam then I do now.

good point.....

but it would still be kinda fun to do that....... almost like changing one's identity

(Ok........so I watch too many spy movies

#juan
Quote:

I once owned about twelve British sports cars in a row: Austin Healeys, MGs, Triumphs, a Porche, but the car I always wanted but never had, was an E type Jag. I would buy an E type 4.2, British racing green.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

Quote:

I once owned about twelve British sports cars in a row: Austin Healeys, MGs, Triumphs, a Porche, but the car I always wanted but never had, was an E type Jag. I would buy an E type 4.2, British racing green.

they are SWEET...!! Good plan.

(like the rev's plan too. SLIPPERS.. --------Only one pair???

Reverend Blair
Quote:

like the rev's plan too. SLIPPERS.. Wink --------Only one pair??? Wink

I only have one pair of feet.

Quote:

I had a Spitfire, I'd like another one of those. I always wanted an E-type too. There's nothing else that looks like them, and I hear they're a hoot to drive. I always wanted a Datsun Fairlady too. Not too many of those around.

I wonder why we haven't gone back to the British sports car type of automobile. It would seem a natural...they were relatively inexpensive, easy to park, easy to drive, good on gas. They would seem to be the perfect commuter vehicle...a good choice for all those people who drive to work alone every day.

About the only thing around is the Miata though, and that's far from the simple and cheap MGs it was based on.

manda
Mr.manda got me slippers that I love last year...I can't find them now, having just moved. I wouldn't want to replace them, but I would need slippers for all occasions...and a whole room to hold my shoes

Ocean Breeze
I kinda wouldn't mind to "own" a McLaren (sp) for a while. They are so unique............and ooooh so pricey..

manda
I want my mint condition 5.0 litre Mustang...and a reliable, spacious car to cart the kids around in

#juan
Ocean Breeze

One thing about owning a McLaren is that if you bought one, you can be almost sure that nobody else in your town has one.

manda

How come women need so many shoes? I have one pair of "good" shoes that I wear to weddings and funerals. The rest of the time I wear out Joggers.

GreenGreta
I would pay to develop my line of toys and other inventions.

I would make sure that everyone I called friend had what they need in life.

I would make sure that my children had anything they ever needed or wanted.

I would travel and finally.....

I would buy slippers and pen refills for all the homeless people (cause according to the rev, that's all ya need in life)

manda

Ocean Breeze

One thing about owning a McLaren is that if you bought one, you can be almost sure that nobody else in your town has one.

manda

How come women need so many shoes? I have one pair of "good" shoes that I wear to weddings and funerals. The rest of the time I wear out Joggers.

I just love Shoes!!!! And you need ones to match various outfits.

I'd also open an Academy that catered to various learning styles for the kids that don't fit the perscribed curriculum now, I've always wanted to open a school like that

#juan
We all want to do something "honourable" with part or even most of this big windfall but wouldn't it be fun to take a couple hundred thousand and blow it on a weekend.

manda

We all want to do something "honourable" with part or even most of this big windfall but wouldn't it be fun to take a couple hundred thousand and blow it on a weekend.

I'd probably do a couple hundred thou on Christmas for the family, and SHOES he he he

GL Schmitt
For myself, I would want a Morgan, and the kind of establishment that was featured in Gosford Park, containing no single item that worked by electricity running through a wire.

I could hang out there until I got bored ó say about two weeks.

Then I would sell it and invest it all in bottled water, which would be delivered to the site of any disaster free of charge. Each bottle would have my baby picture on the label, just to insure that they really needed the water.

My reward would be finally having something in common with Humphrey Bogart.

Quote: Originally Posted by manda

. . . Shoes!!!! And you need ones to match various outfits . . . .

I never knew that. Looks like I also require two pairs of shoes ó one to match brown tweed and one to match blue jean.

I donít need bedroom slippers. I simply budget to be able to wear out three pairs of grey wool socks each winter. For summer I prefer bare feet. After all, they are my best feature.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

but wouldn't it be fun to take a couple hundred thousand and blow it on a weekend.

Indeed. take out a certain portion.....(secure the rest for serious things).........and have a real good time.

How???........One idea comes to mind is treating family and friends to a Mediterranean Cruise. ( a week or so)......and make it a memorable travel/people time.

(and buy everyone on this cruise a good pair of SLIPPERS.....

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

Quote:

but wouldn't it be fun to take a couple hundred thousand and blow it on a weekend.

Indeed. take out a certain portion.....(secure the rest for serious things).........and have a real good time.

How???........One idea comes to mind is treating family and friends to a Mediterranean Cruise. ( a week or so)......and make it a memorable travel/people time.

could I convince you to invest in a nice pair of shoes for me to lounge in by the pool?

Ocean Breeze

Quote:

hmm. now that I think about it......... might purchase a sea worthy yaht....... and hire a small crew......and travel port to port for a period of time. (leave all those earthly trappings behind..... Hmmm.

Ocean Breeze

Quote:

could I convince you to invest in a nice pair of shoes for me to lounge in by the pool?

sure...........we will stop in Paris to shop for them. How's that??

manda
hey hey! I'm a likin how you think!

zenfisher

I'd probably do a couple hundred thou on Christmas for the family, and SHOES he he he

Hmmm...Maybe you should open a shoe store... :P

no new posts