How young is toooooo young?

GreenGreta
Ok, I didn't want to be the one to bring this up, but no one else is.

You see lots of men/women dating much younger people, MUCH younger. Wondering now, how young is too young? Is anyone over 18, just because they may be legal age, dateable for anyone even 20 years older?

Does it disturb anyone to see a forty year old woman with a 20 year old guy? Or the other way around? Which looks worse?

They say it is becoming more common place to see this? But, what do you think when you see it?

no1important
It is 14 for legal age in Canada.

Anyone older than 18 i guess is fair game.

Under 18 they should be close in age. Like 14 and 15 or 17 and 18 etc. Personally I don't think 18+ and 14 is appropriate though.

Nascar_James
Here it is illegal for any adult to date anyone who's not of "legal consent age". That would be 18. The exception to this law would be parental consent.

I personally support this law since it eliminates someone who's say 30 from dating a 16 year old child. Most parents would surely not give consent under those circumstances.

There have been several arrests here involving a minor and adult who were dating without parental consent. Arrest typically occurs when pulled over by an officer for a traffic violation (that is after the officer phones the minors parents to see if consent was given).

PoisonPete2
statutory rape is a person having sexual intercourse with a person under the full age of 19 years, who is more than 2 years younger.

GreenGreta
Hey I just wanna know if my old 37 year old body can keep up to this 25 year old that is sooooo cute.

Them's the facts.

Jo Canadian
Quote:

Does it disturb anyone to see a forty year old woman with a 20 year old guy? Or the other way around? Which looks worse?

I know what looks worse...they both are hard to look at.

When working a the Bar in Athabasca there was this 45-50ish woman who was a regular, short blonde hair, 5'8 yet stocky -not fat. She had the nasty habit of picking up the young guys there. And I've had to put up with a few nights with her and the usual 18 year old male (obviously drunk) making out at the table...and when I mean making out, I mean practically dry-humping & stuff you'd find two 16 year olds doing

GL Schmitt
According to an old adage, a woman at 17 years of age is protected by law, and above 70 years of age is protected by nature. Between those two limits it is ĎOpen Season

While it does transpire that trophy wives with old geezers, or their female counterparts with their young studs, are often held together by fiduciary considerations, that is not always the case.

May- December relationships have been known to occur for the best of reasons, and to prosper.

Since no one can tell for certain what is in the heart of one, let alone two, individuals, my recommendation to people who find such pairing upsetting, is to look away.

GreenGreta
ok, so I'm gonna get me some of that youngun.

MMMMM

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

ok, so I'm gonna get me some of that youngun. . .

Or, you may get caught by an oldun.

GreenGreta
Funny tho, guys my age dont' seem to want to date me. It's always the young young guys, it bugs the **** out of me.

Twila
Quote:

Hey I just wanna know if my old 37 year old body can keep up to this 25 year old that is sooooo cute.

Greta. Fear not that you can keep up to him. It's whether he will be able to keep up with you. At 25 he should be able to.

I'm married to a man 10 yrs older then me. I've never dated anyone my own age. Always older. But that's only because the men who are the same cronilogical age are intellectually way too young.

GreenGreta
Thanks for a girls opinion Twila. Older guys eh? Hmmm, I used to date older guys, it was awesome.

You just got married, didn't you Twila? If so, congratulations, and how is it working out? All still wonderful, I hope?

Reverend Blair
I figure if it works, then it works.

That being said, I can't imagine going out with some sweet young thing. I've talked to enough young women to know that they are just as annoying as we were at that age. Now I know why the grown-ups used to get pissed off at us.

I think that changes as people get older too. Twila, you aren't old...at least by my ever-aging standards...but would you and your husband have worked ten years ago? Think about the difference in maturity and experience then as compared to now.

I have a lot more faith in a thirty year old and a fifty year old than I do with a thirty year old and a twenty year old.

Twila
Quote:

and how is it working out? All still wonderful, I hope?

Yep. Still wonderful.

Quote:

Twila, you aren't old..at least by my ever-aging standards...but would you and your husband have worked ten years ago

Actually. We might have except that he was married to someone else then. I'm sure that his first wife would not have appreciated it. lol I've been living on my own since I was 16yrs old. I've got older sisters (5yrs and 8yrs older) My father never 'babied" us. We were treated as human not as "children" growing up by my parents.

peapod
Greta..don't forget the dates will be cheaper.....pirate paks and all :P Hey is that your youngin that joined up??

GL Schmitt
As a generality:

Men mature slower than women, yet they reach their sexual peak at seventeen.

Women mature much earlier, but donít reach their sexual peak until their late thirties.

And yet people expect me to swallow Intelligent Design. :P

jimmoyer
I wouldn't put "Intelligent Design" and "swallow" in the same sentence if I were you.

GreenGreta
god I hope not. I have not introduced him to this "other life" of mine.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyer

I wouldn't put "Intelligent Design" and "swallow" in the same sentence if I were you.

That's right.

If we really had an Intelligent Design, I would not have to breath through the same passage I use to swallow nutrients.

Hmmm? What is the opposite of failsafe?

Bassman_7b4
A husband and his wife had an argument. Fed up with her and wanting to give her a sting, he said, "I'm gonna trade you in on a twenty year old!" She quickly replied, "I'm gonna do the same and I bet twenty goes into forty more than forty goes into twenty!"
Age is a matter of mind; if you don't mind, it don't matter!
Bassman

glossprincess
Thats a good one Bass!

I'm VERY surprised to hear that the age of consent is 14 in Canada! I think I was still playing with barbies at 14 lol.

I'm 110% with Bassman on this one, if it works, it works. Love and relationships are about fitting two personalities together, not two ages. Having said that, I dont like seeing 20 year olds with 60 year olds. It looks very wrong and you wonder what the hell these people could have in common besides a love for money!

iBubble
14 is absolutley disgraceful!!!!

18 is a respectable age for consent.

As for the whole dating older or younger buisness, well i'd have to say that if your inlove stuff what people think and be happy.

ASLONG AS THERE OVER THE 18 MARK " HERE HERE"

LittleRunningGag
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Here it is illegal for any adult to date anyone who's not of "legal consent age". That would be 18. The exception to this law would be parental consent.

I personally support this law since it eliminates someone who's say 30 from dating a 16 year old child. Most parents would surely not give consent under those circumstances.

But remember that with the way the American system works an 18 year old can be arrested for having sex with a person six months younger than them. And, to add insult to injury, that person is labeled a sexual preditor for the rest of their lives. All because some dad gets a burr up his *** about his daughter having sex.

There needs to be exceptions made for those close to the same age.

DigitalRain
Quote: Originally Posted by glossprincess

I'm VERY surprised to hear that the age of consent is 14 in Canada! I think I was still playing with barbies at 14 lol.

There is legislation currently being examined that will raise that age to 16, while still allowing consensual sex with people who are up to five years older/younger. See: news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060622/...canada_sex_col (external - login to view)

glossprincess
Yeah it is complicated. In Australia, the legal age is 16 but for anyone to sleep with someone who is younger than 18, that is statutory rape. So basically, a 16 year old can sleep with another 16 year old or a 17 year old but nobody else. I find it strange. Its like how you can smoke cigarettes legally at 16 but you cant buy them till you're 18! Doesnt make any sense to me!

Nikki
Personally I think if both parties are over the age of 18 people should mind their own buisness. There are more important things for us to be worrying about then what consenting adults are or are not doing.

As for the Candian age beign 14 it should be raised to 16. 14 years old is just way too young to make an informed decision. I agree with LRG about exceptions needing to be made in the USA. It is not fair for an 18 year old to be charged for sleeping with his 17 year old girlfriend because some parent doesn't like either the 18 year old or the fact that their child is having sex.

EastSideScotian
Iam 20, The youngest I would go is 17 maybe, depending on the maturaty level. But mY girlfriend is 20....so I dont have to worry about that stuff

SaintLucifer
Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

statutory rape is a person having sexual intercourse with a person under the full age of 19 years, who is more than 2 years younger.

That is incorrect. Before the recent change in our laws, it was legal for a 14 year-old girl to have sex with men. This was not statutory rape if consent was given by the girl.

tamarin
Regardless, if people are above the age of consent they'll do as they please. I smirk though when I see so many older women and men on the prowl for younger partners. The women dress, walk and talk like well practised younger tarts and the men affect the clothes, hairstyles, jewellery and piercings of their target audience. I thought they'd feel ridiculous but they don't. Talk shows like the omnipresent Oprah have actually promoted this type of thing. And it's been a hot topic in celebrity and related mags for quite awhile. Looks like an industry to me.

bignick
ya know what I am a full blown hottie named Big Nick Reilly
and I never did anything until I was 20 and that was my choice not yours. I think People can make up there own minds and not let the Goverment do it for us **** that **** cuz. Yeah you know what I mean and if ya read this ya know who ya are fag