How young is toooooo young?

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Ok, I didn't want to be the one to bring this up, but no one else is.

You see lots of men/women dating much younger people, MUCH younger. Wondering now, how young is too young? Is anyone over 18, just because they may be legal age, dateable for anyone even 20 years older?

Does it disturb anyone to see a forty year old woman with a 20 year old guy? Or the other way around? Which looks worse?

They say it is becoming more common place to see this? But, what do you think when you see it?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: How young is toooooo

It is 14 for legal age in Canada.

Anyone older than 18 i guess is fair game.

Under 18 they should be close in age. Like 14 and 15 or 17 and 18 etc. Personally I don't think 18+ and 14 is appropriate though.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Here it is illegal for any adult to date anyone who's not of "legal consent age". That would be 18. The exception to this law would be parental consent.

I personally support this law since it eliminates someone who's say 30 from dating a 16 year old child. Most parents would surely not give consent under those circumstances.

There have been several arrests here involving a minor and adult who were dating without parental consent. Arrest typically occurs when pulled over by an officer for a traffic violation (that is after the officer phones the minors parents to see if consent was given).

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
statutory rape is a person having sexual intercourse with a person under the full age of 19 years, who is more than 2 years younger.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Hey I just wanna know if my old 37 year old body can keep up to this 25 year old that is sooooo cute.

Them's the facts.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Does it disturb anyone to see a forty year old woman with a 20 year old guy? Or the other way around? Which looks worse?

8O I know what looks worse...they both are hard to look at.

When working a the Bar in Athabasca there was this 45-50ish woman who was a regular, short blonde hair, 5'8 yet stocky -not fat. She had the nasty habit of picking up the young guys there. And I've had to put up with a few nights with her and the usual 18 year old male (obviously drunk) making out at the table...and when I mean making out, I mean practically dry-humping & stuff you'd find two 16 year olds doing

:puke:

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
According to an old adage, a woman at 17 years of age is protected by law, and above 70 years of age is protected by nature. Between those two limits it is ‘Open Season.’

While it does transpire that trophy wives with old geezers, or their female counterparts with their young studs, are often held together by fiduciary considerations, that is not always the case.

May- December relationships have been known to occur for the best of reasons, and to prosper.

Since no one can tell for certain what is in the heart of one, let alone two, individuals, my recommendation to people who find such pairing upsetting, is to look away.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Hey I just wanna know if my old 37 year old body can keep up to this 25 year old that is sooooo cute.

Greta. Fear not that you can keep up to him. It's whether he will be able to keep up with you. At 25 he should be able to.

I'm married to a man 10 yrs older then me. I've never dated anyone my own age. Always older. But that's only because the men who are the same cronilogical age are intellectually way too young.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Thanks for a girls opinion Twila. Older guys eh? Hmmm, I used to date older guys, it was awesome.

You just got married, didn't you Twila? If so, congratulations, and how is it working out? All still wonderful, I hope?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I figure if it works, then it works.

That being said, I can't imagine going out with some sweet young thing. I've talked to enough young women to know that they are just as annoying as we were at that age. Now I know why the grown-ups used to get pissed off at us.

I think that changes as people get older too. Twila, you aren't old...at least by my ever-aging standards...but would you and your husband have worked ten years ago? Think about the difference in maturity and experience then as compared to now.

I have a lot more faith in a thirty year old and a fifty year old than I do with a thirty year old and a twenty year old.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

and how is it working out? All still wonderful, I hope?
Yep. Still wonderful.

Twila, you aren't old..at least by my ever-aging standards...but would you and your husband have worked ten years ago

Actually. We might have except that he was married to someone else then. I'm sure that his first wife would not have appreciated it. lol I've been living on my own since I was 16yrs old. I've got older sisters (5yrs and 8yrs older) My father never 'babied" us. We were treated as human not as "children" growing up by my parents.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
As a generality:

Men mature slower than women, yet they reach their sexual peak at seventeen.

Women mature much earlier, but don’t reach their sexual peak until their late thirties.

And yet people expect me to swallow Intelligent Design. :p

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Re: RE: How young is toooooo young?

jimmoyer said:
I wouldn't put "Intelligent Design" and "swallow" in the same sentence if I were you.
That's right.

If we really had an Intelligent Design, I would not have to breath through the same passage I use to swallow nutrients.

Hmmm? What is the opposite of failsafe?

Bassman_7b4

Jun 16, 2006
Shawnee, Oklahoma
A husband and his wife had an argument. Fed up with her and wanting to give her a sting, he said, "I'm gonna trade you in on a twenty year old!" She quickly replied, "I'm gonna do the same and I bet twenty goes into forty more than forty goes into twenty!"
Age is a matter of mind; if you don't mind, it don't matter!
Bassman