canuck national cheese

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I think we need a national cheese in canuck land, something to go with the national cookie/biscuit......since we cannot dunk cheese, hows about the best cheese for glowing in da dark, any particular favorites for cheese kabobs??

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: canuck national chees

I like cheddar. Not those bland blocks that you buy at Superstore, but the stuff you get at specialty shops that's so sharp it takes your breath away.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
well some of it is pretty stinky rev 8O elmo just told me that cheese rocks, but cabbage makes you fart. I dunno where the little red one gets his material :p

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is a very sharp cheddar

called "Old Rat Trap" that might be the one you're looking for Rev. but I haven't seen it for a few years.

For a Canadian cheese I would pick an aged, sharp, Cheddar, preferrably without the food colouring. I've forgotten the dopey reasons we have to have food colour in our cheese.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I agree with peppy 8O

You can't have Cheddar as your national cheese - Cheddar is in somerset, ENGLAND.

Get your own cheese. What's that stuff you guys melt called? Poutine, or something? Is that cheesy? Have that one.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right Henry

We have to call it something else. I like our Canadian cheddar but we have to put another name on it. There are a few cheddar like cheeses out there. Meanwhile here's a look at a bunch of different cheeses:

http://www.foodsubs.com/Chesfirm.html

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey juan, have you tried some of the cheese they make on the island...yummmmmmmmmm. We gots those brits all beat in da cheese department...as well as other departments :lol: :lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ah,the taste of medium Cheddar on a crisp biscuit! Does it get any better? Everybody remembers The Cheese Shop skit by Monty Python..there is no cheese at all in Britain :)

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Cool site, #jaun - I like cheesy things. (That's probably what attracted me to this board, innit, p? :p )

Incidentally - I noticed Cheshire on that list - my local cheese (I live in what was once Cheshire), and England's oldest. Damned tasty it is, too. 8)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Pea wrote:Hey juan, have you tried some of the cheese they make on the island...yummmmmmmmmm. We gots those brits all beat in da cheese department...as well as other departments :lol: :lol:

Do you mean Island Farms? Is there a place to go? a secret handshake? :wink: :lol: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
psssst...manda did you read what hard luck wrote :twisted: Sure they got cheese in liverpud, but they are all pastey colours and taste like rubber :?
Canadian cheese is well what can I say...lovely colours, and da textures...hard luck should stick to beer :p

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
psssst...manda did you read what hard luck wrote :twisted: Sure they got cheese in liverpud, but they are all pastey colours and taste like rubber :?
Canadian cheese is well what can I say...lovely colours, and da textures...hard luck should stick to beer :p

:evil: You've been eating cheese just before bedtime, haven't you?

You know Wallace and Gromit? Well check out their favourite cheese: Stinking Bishop :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thanks peapod

We will definitely get there. Courtney is only an hour away.

Somebody mentioned Kraft Dinner cheese. Has that stuff ever been near a cow? I have, and still do occasionally use Kraft Dinner but I always throw in a double handful of aged cheddar cheese. When I was going to UBC I lived on junk like that.