God loves us

proud christian
Hi All....(its me tim but shh dont tell anyone).

I suppose most of you will have lots to say...and some would say God doesn't love us or who is God?

But i realised that i have been a Christian for over 7 years and i didn't really 'know' God....therefore my idea of LOVE was some what distorted. So what is this love that God has for us..even though we look around us at His creation and see such chaos......even though the good suffer.....what is that all about?

Why does God love us?

Is there a section for christian views, oppinions,insight etc...?
Speak soon
X

Cosmo
Well, PC, you found the right thread but I do hope your god has blessed you with a thick skin. Many of us will not only disagree with your christian beliefs but you're bound to take a few shots over it. If you are willing to debate it though, more power to ya!

Welcome to Canadian Content.

PoisonPete2
[quote="proud christian"]
Why does God love us?

Answer - maybe the question should be How does God love us? If this is some omnipotent satient being you are talking about, it has an odd way of expressing love. First the Stunami(?) of Asia last Xmas and now a double whammy in the Hurricane zone of the U.S. God apparently loves to drown a lot of people all at once. Don't tell me that it's some great mistery of how God shows love. If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.

hmm. now , there is an idea.

( the trial of the mellenium...

(btw: isn't pride--as in proud-- a Christian "sin"???? )

Reverend Blair
Pride is one of the big sins, Ocean. So is avarice. Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Pride is one of the big sins, Ocean. So is avarice. Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations.

yep, I know that ( Pride/sin thing).......and each time I hear someone say :Proud Amerikan , I think of that.

followed closely by : "Pride before the fall

if we is gonna get metphorical and all that.....

Quote:

Somebody should point that out to the Christian right at some point....maybe one of those TV preachers asking for donations.

I can just "hear" one of them donation collecting preachers now spinning the pride thing to their advantage... ( as in guilt induction.....

Reverend Blair
I'd like to see that, Ocean. They've been working on the part about a camel fitting through the eye of a needle for a couple of millenia now, it's time they told us some new lies.

Vanni Fucci
Oh what luck!!

An honest-to-goodness, dyed-in-the-wool, god-fearing Chistian!!

...and here I thought they were all posers nowadays...

Ah well, poser or not, welcome to the board...

mrmom2
Poison Said
Quote:

God apparently loves to drown a lot of people all at once. Don't tell me that it's some great mistery of how God shows love. If God is our Father he sounds like a very disfunctional parent at the least. I would have charges of mass murder brought (or at least child abuse). Lets put this supreme being on trial.

Can I get a Amen Brothers and sisters

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I'd like to see that, Ocean. They've been working on the part about a camel fitting through the eye of a needle for a couple of millenia now, it's time they told us some new lies.

they CAN get creative , can't they??? Sometimes it is just too funny. ( and what is funnier still , is that people fall for it..each new lie being perceived as a new "revelation"

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

God apparently loves to drown a lot of people all at once.

"God" believes in efficiency and expedience...

Hank C Cheyenne
hey Proud Christian, great to have you on here. I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant.

Many people don't actually "find god" until they are older. I personally had problems with going to church when I was younger but once I got older I found god, and since have had prayers answered. My advice to you would be to keep with it and eventually you will receive yours........

mrmom2
Well that explains it for me there spanky It all makes sense

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant.

What, exactly, are you protesting? I've always wondered that about Protestants, having been raised a papist before finding atheism.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C Cheyenne

hey Proud Christian, great to have you on here. I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant.

You better hope that Proud Christian is not a Catholic there Hank, or he'll be praying for your *** to roast in perdition...because you are following false doctrine you feckin' heretic...

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

hey Proud Christian, great to have you on here. I, like you, am a proud Christian, Protestant

and there goes the neighborhood...

Hank C Cheyenne
and to the people who are attacking Christian values please don't...... beacuse that IS racist and IS bigotry...... I will not attack atheism.

we can argue about pretty much anything else but attacking a relegion is pretty ignorant.

Ocean Breeze

and to the people who are attacking Christian values please don't...... beacuse that IS racist and IS bigotry...... I will not attack atheism.

we can argue about pretty much anything else but attacking a relegion is pretty ignorant.

what "we" don't need is a fecking lecture.....

which "Xtian values might you be referring to?? The ones that support killings, wars, based on lies??? The ones that support a lying, sadistic leader??? The ones that ignore the poor and underpriviledged so the rich can rule over them??? the ones that endorse societal classes. ??? ........ad infinitum???? NO ONE has brought any of those up .......

Vanni Fucci

No actually...I have plenty of reason to take on religion...

Your god is a construct of men, and Jesus never existed...

There, I've said it...

*phew*

mrmom2
Ya feel better now Vanni Feck ya took long enough :P

Vanni Fucci
...and by the way Hank...you would be correct about the bigotry if I were to attack only Catholics or Protestants, or even Christians...but I don't, and I never have...

What I do attack with much enthusiasm is Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Shinto, Hinduism, Buddhism and any other idiocies that make false claims as the existence of gods and such...

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Yeah...I do feel somewhat better Mom...thanks...

Ocean Breeze

this thread could be fun .......

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Yeah...I do feel somewhat better Mom...thanks...

excellent. It must have felt like a catharsis.. good for ya..

Hank C Cheyenne
"What, exactly, are you protesting? I've always wondered that about Protestants, having been raised a papist before finding atheism."

.....I am not protesting anything, what do you mean? Maybe i don't understand your question? And I have nothing against the pope, if you followed him I really don't have no ill will towards you!

Why are you attacking people based on relegion.... this is insane. If some one read the comments made on this post...........

Vanni if you don't believe in jesus i don't care, but don't attack people who do!

Vanni Fucci

Vanni if you don't believe in jesus i don't care, but don't attack people who do!

How have I attacked believers of Jesus exactly?

Reverend Blair
Quote:

.....I am not protesting anything, what do you mean? Maybe i don't understand your question?

I mean that you stated that you are a Protestant. Being a Protestant infers that you are protesting against something, otherwise you're just a rebel without a cause.

Quote:

Why are you attacking people based on relegion.... this is insane. If some one read the comments made on this post...........

I'm not attacking anybody based on religion, I'm encouraging people to think instead of blindly believing a story about a creepy invisible man in the sky with an apparent tendency towards voyeurism.

Hank C Cheyenne
"What I do attack with much enthusiasm is Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Shinto, Hinduism, Buddhism and any other idiocies that make false claims as the existence of gods and such..."

........... then keep it to yourself becuase it will only offend people to attack their relegion. You have the right to practice the atheist lifestyle and the right to not be attacked. No one said that you have to believe in Christianity, Hinduism or whatever........ but you have to have respect.

"...and by the way Hank...you would be correct about the bigotry if I were to attack only Catholics or Protestants, or even Christians...but I don't, and I never have... "

big·ot·ry (bĭg'ə-trē)
n.
The attitude, state of mind, or behavior characteristic of a bigot; intolerance.

big·ot (bĭg'ət)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

...........a bigot is not only an individual who attacks specific religions, although this is the most common example and understanding. It also applies to people who are intolerant of others Beliefs whether they believe in god or whatever......

mrmom2
Sounds like you fit into that last category there Spank :P You should be a little more careful with your posts

Hank C Cheyenne
mr mom2
you are correct everyone here, including me, is a bigot when it comes to political stances. it is understandable.

but the thing is when someones relegion is attacked or relegion as a whole is attacked then it takes it to another level.