Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Hydro finally came and trimmed the tree branches away from the power lines. Now my power won't flicker every time it gets windy and my cable won't slow to dial-up speeds when there's a storm.

Hmmm...I should get one of those trucks with the bucket on it. That looks like fun.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Nah you don't want one of those Rev you want a JLG there way more fun 8) You can drive around in the bucket 120ft in the air 8O We used them to clean a frieghters cargo hold once .It was a complete rush driving a machine around from that far up :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But the bucket would let me reach things I can't get to with a ladder.

Are JLGs those scissor lifts? I've been on one of those. The driving is kind of cool, but it doesn't get you anywhere you can't reach with a ladder or regular scaffolding.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
No they have buckets and a single boom that extends like a crane but the best part is you steer them from the bucket there a blast up down out the spin around 360 degrees and you can drive around in the air 8)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

That's the same thing I'm talking about then, Mom. These come attached to hydro trucks, but the guy in the bucket steers himself around. He also has a chainsaw on a pole. I'm pretty sure I need one.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Nope this a self contained unit and I don't think its street legal :lol: We used the crane on the freighter to drop them in the hold when the rental company dropped them off at the pier

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Heres a pic of one Rev The one we used didn't have a ground cab on it only the bucket had the controls to run it

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Ahhh. I like the ones on the trucks though. They have those tool boxes built into the sides of the trucks, which would be excellent places to keep many dozens of beer.

Billy_B

Aug 7, 2005
Northants UK
Oh sorry, I thought the Rev had (somehow) got wind of my imminent visit to Canada. And not being able to contain himself had posted a thread soley dedicated to my visit!!!!!

Oh well, Nice to see you've got all your connections up and running Rev

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
That maybe Rev but these ones are four wheel drive and go places the trucks would never get :wink: Its a strange feeling bobbing around up in the air as you drive around

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Oh sorry, I thought the Rev had (somehow) got wind of my imminent visit to Canada. And not being able to contain himself had posted a thread soley dedicated to my visit!!!!!

That too, Billy.

That maybe Rev but these ones are four wheel drive and go places the trucks would never get Wink Its a strange feeling bobbing around up in the air as you drive around

I don't really need to go places that trucks would never get to though, Mom.