Canadian Content Signatures

Andem
Hey!

Cosmo had an idea of using email signatures if one wanted to help promote and invite people to Canadian Content. The email signature thing is a little difficult to put together because many use different email clients and it's just a hassle uploading html files, downloading them, and then there's the images which also must be downloaded.

Anyways, I thought it might be a good idea to include a Canadian Content signature if you are a member of another forum which allows it. So I created a signature image file and uploaded it to CC so anybody many use a CC signature. There's currently two options (unless you'd like to create your own sig). You may copy and paste the code to your signature/profile in another forum:

#1: Text Link

Canadian Content Forums - A community for Canadians

Code:
[url=http://www.canadiancontent.net/forums/]Canadian Content Forums - A community for Canadians[/url]
#1: Canadian Flag Image:

Code:
[url=http://www.canadiancontent.net/forums/][img]http://www.canadiancontent.net/images/sig/community-for-canadians.gif[/img][/url]

In no way does anybody here want to spam another forum, so if they don't allow signatures, please refrain from advertising.

Feel free to use the code if signatures are allowed.

Pemmican
Hmm "a community for Canadians" - does that mean I had better go?!
My heart says I'm Canadian, but my passport says something else... :/

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by Pemmican

Hmm "a community for Canadians" - does that mean I had better go?!
My heart says I'm Canadian, but my passport says something else... :/

With surgery, one can take the Pemmican out of the heart, but one canít take the heart out of the Pemmican.

gopher
Is there a way to apply for "honorary Canadian" status?

jjw1965
Quote:

Is there a way to apply for "honorary Canadian" status?

If there is, I'm in!

QueenMaa
I'm in Michigan. I'm a neighbor of Canada's. I would like to visit Canada someday.

agentkgb
I'd like to move to Canada but can't right now.

feronia
I was under the understanding that adding a "blog" or URL from another site was considered spamming. Is it not acceptable here and it is acceptable other places? Therefore, is it acceptable to advertise this site on other sites but not acceptable to advertise a blog or personal site in your signature on this site.

Nuggler
Cosmo had quite a few good ideas.

Anyone besides me, miss her?

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

No, you're not the only one Nug. I find the turnover on these forums weighs me down sometimes. It's sad to see so many good people, great friends, take off for the assorted reasons that they do.

darkbeaver
I miss everybody I'v met here, for assorted reasons, but mostly because I was an ******* to them or I insulted them or my objectionable comments were objected too. But that's alot like life I guess. I'm glad to be here and I try to get along, it's a great education for me and I'm happy to be here with friends, I have even changed my mind about yankees because of the wonderful ones we have captured here. Cosmo was the first member that ever PMd me, I do miss her.

Zan
It is tough to see so many people flock off to greener pastures. I miss them too.

darkbeaver
Can I have thier unclaimed rep points?

Zan
Sorry, we already scavenged up all the unclaimed rep points for ourselves.

Uh.

I mean we're saving them for the return of our wayward cyber friends.

darkbeaver
I should have known

Unforgiven
I don't get where most of that explosion came from anyway.

I don't much care for RD anyway and so miss a number of people since the split. Glad for this place though. I don't really know much about everyone here. Like talking about the weather on a street car with a friendly face, it's only a matter of time before we reach the end of that thread. Do we find a deeper understanding of one and other or flutter off to other gardens like so many butterflies in the summer?

Brat
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

I don't much care for RD anyway and so miss a number of people since the split. Glad for this place though. I don't really know much about everyone here. Like talking about the weather on a street car with a friendly face, it's only a matter of time before we reach the end of that thread. Do we find a deeper understanding of one and other or flutter off to other gardens like so many butterflies in the summer?

I guess this is where we should start implementing the use of the wall and PM function more. So that we can get to know folks a bit better. I know, you and I have learned our lesson about posting anything personal publicly(Once bitten, twice shy and all), but there's nothing wrong with private conversation. Just got to get over the shyness perhaps and just send off a pm saying hi!

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

me too.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

I learn more about people from the serious debates than I do from the nonsense banter. The way a person handles disagreement is more telling than how they can chit chat about the weather.