Useless inventions

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Wow! 8O 8O 8O some wacky patents out there...you gots any?? check this one out 8O

UK Patent No. GB1361962. Pedrick's ultimate deterrent to solve the Cold War. The UN places three nuclear bombs on earth-orbiting satellites. If these detect that one of the superpowers has been nuked by one of the others, they are automatically programmed to drop on Washington, Moscow and Peking, ensuring the mutual destruction of all three.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
I'd change that to "drop the nuke on wherever Bush is at the moment" assuring the desctruction of stupidity and a 50 point rise in the average IQ of the world.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
better get to the patent office andygal...wow! I am blown away by the patent world 8O 8O .....I am gettin me chuckles for the day.

Title: US4344424: Anti-eating face mask

Abstract: An anti-eating face mask which includes a cup-shaped member conforming to the shape of the mouth and chin area of the user, together with a hoop member and straps detachably engageable with a user's head for mounting the cup-shaped member in overlying relationship with the user's mouth and chin area under the nose thereby preventing the ingestion of food by the user.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
peapod said:
better get to the patent office andygal...wow! I am blown away by the patent world 8O 8O .....I am gettin me chuckles for the day.

Title: US4344424: Anti-eating face mask

Abstract: An anti-eating face mask which includes a cup-shaped member conforming to the shape of the mouth and chin area of the user, together with a hoop member and straps detachably engageable with a user's head for mounting the cup-shaped member in overlying relationship with the user's mouth and chin area under the nose thereby preventing the ingestion of food by the user.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds like a refined muzzle to me

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is it too late for my solar powered flashlight, or the open on impact parachute? :wink:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Ever had to pee in the dark of night???

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If I built my solar powered flashlight really small, it could be clipped onto :idea: .........Nevermind.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I invented a device for pulling rotted fence posts out of the ground. It's 2 slabs of 1/4 inch plate with pointy bits sticking out of them. You just tighten the bolts that hold them together, ram a Jack-All under one corner, and start jacking. The post either comes out or breaks off slightly under ground level.

I'd imagine that about a million other guys have invented the exact same device out of pure desperation. I wonder if anybody ever patented it?

LeftCoast

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Vancouver
Nipples - why do we got em (men that is)?

I think god is a bit of a tease - if I had breasts I'd never leave the house.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
here's one, probally a neo cons's idea :p
Nuclear handgrenade. It made a hole 90 feet deep and 300 feet across. Only problem was, the average soldier could only throw it 20 feet. :p

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
here's one, probally a neo cons's idea :p
Nuclear handgrenade. It made a hole 90 feet deep and 300 feet across. Only problem was, the average soldier could only throw it 20 feet. :p

I remember a TV show called "Brass" - a very dark, but funny, sitcom of sorts, about a First World War industrialist. One of his many schemes aimed at making piles of said "brass", was to design and build new weapons for the War Office. One of his ideas was for the "anti-tank boot"; a boot with a high explosive charge in the toecap, to be detonated by squaddies running up tanks, and kicking them.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thats funny bigh...anyways a really good invention was the corner deli :p A good thing like me telly momsy martha says. I going to da mama's house for one her food orgies. This is where the middle eastern deli down the street comes in. Gawd! what a place, everybody is happy and content at the deli, all the unusal smells waffling around, same goes for the visual. Who knew 8O there so many kinds of olives, you can sample them at the olive bar, some can really kicked you in the ass, ouch! hot and spicy. Everyone chats aways to the sounds of mmmmmmmmmmmm by a gang of nibblers :lol: :lol: I settle for some persian sangack bread, so thin and long, I coulds use it for a skirt in a pinch :p and 200 grams of feta and red pepper spread, made before my eyes, and 1.4 kgs of the same thing for da mama :lol: :lol: :lol: nah, but the invention of the deli was a good thing.

Room! Room! make room for the bouncing belly
from hymn to the belly 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey rev, here is one for you 8O 8O

US04858627
Smoker's Hat
A portable hat... [includes] a filtration, purification and deionization system for removal of combustion products... and an exhaust system for expelling the filtered deodorized, deionized and optionally scented air from the hat.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: Useless inventions

Reverend Blair said:
Wouldn't that hat be for non-smokers? Us smokers tend not to ind a little smoke in the air after all. ;-)

Think of the possibilities though Rev...we might be able to smoke in the bar again...of course we'd have to wear one of those stupid things on our head...but wotthehell... :?