Cartoons have a greater effect on kids then we know

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
This has been proven to me today.

I'm attempting to listen to BBC radio . It's classical. And yet every other song or so I'm thinking "I know this song" Then it hits me why I know that song. Warner Brothers. Mostly Bugs Bunny Cartoons.

I'm waiting to hear the opera song that bugs bunny sings when dressed in the femal viking hat.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Twila said:
This has been proven to me today.

I'm attempting to listen to BBC radio . It's classical. And yet every other song or so I'm thinking "I know this song" Then it hits me why I know that song. Warner Brothers. Mostly Bugs Bunny Cartoons.

I'm waiting to hear the opera song that bugs bunny sings when dressed in the femal viking hat.

I'm guessing the 'female Viking' would be Brünnhilde, from Wagner's "The Valkyrie", Twinks.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Cartoons have a great

Could be Henry. All I know is that it is very very wrong to learn of the classics through Bugs Bunny.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
:lol:possibly, Twila, but it's a step up from those who hear Puccini's 'Turandot', and think "Hmm ... I could murder a BK Flamer, right now ..."

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Henry, I had a listen but it's not sounding familiar. But then it might not be that snippet that Bugs sings.....

a spelling cartoon? That could get rather mucky for us Canadians.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: Cartoons have a great

Twila said:
Henry, I had a listen but it's not sounding familiar. But then it might not be that snippet that Bugs sings.....

That's more than a little bit possible, Twinks. I've done a bit of research (okay, okay, just my grandiose way of saying I googled) and I think the 'toon in question is one called "What's Opera, Doc?". Apparently it's a six minute production of Wagner's "The Ring of the Nibelung." The Ring Cycle (of which The Valkyrie is one part) is 15 hours long, but I'm sure you'll find the bit you're looking for in there, somewhere :lol: :lol:

Now if it's the bit where Elmer Fudd sings, "Kill the rabbit, kill the rabbit" oyu're looking for, I just might be able to help you with that ...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

It was the one with Elmer....It's all coming clear now.