Got back from 8 days at Shuswap Lake

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

I'm not sure how well this will turn out, but to explain: There is a Beaver from a near-by creek, down at the beach in the evening, and a local female Golden Lab, who play Cat-and-Mouse every day. The beaver will swim away from the dog, but let her catch up until she's just about up to him. Then it slaps it's tail and DIVES! (that's what has just happened, as I took the picture.)

The Lab will swim in circles looking for the beaver, until it surfaces about 30 seconds and 50 feet away. Then the whole thing starts all over again. This can go on for an hour or more....
Once in a while the beaver really puts the Whammy on the dog, by swimming underneath the floating dock. The dog can't follow, so it swims to shore and runs up on the dock, sniffing through the boards and getting half-snakey when she gets the scent!

I overheard someone on the beach the other day chuckling as he told another guy "She's been trying to catch that beaver for 3 years now - just doesn't get the message!"

LOL!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Got back from 8 days

Welcome back, Ten Packs. It's gorgeous there, isn't it! I spent a week on a houseboat a few years back. Unfortunately it rained most of the week but we had a hot tub on the top of the boat, lots of good company, food and enough illegal substances to make up for the lack of sunshine. ;)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I learned on my vacation that my webbed feet dog can't swim....go figure.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Hey Ten i was out there on sunday .The waters really nice shame about the duck itch though :x I suspect its not duck itch its human waste itch 8O

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Surprise surprise its on the Salmon arm side of the lake :( I am surprised you don't have it there because my daughter and her friends went to camp damn near straight across from you at Eagle Bay and they all got it :x Its not quite as bad as Paul lake yet we went there this year and both kids got it on there legs just from putting their feet in the water 8O Its really bad there now .I suspect its from sewage leaking from old septic systems not Ducks :( Its sad cause that was a nice place to go for the day :x