a little fun...

groovergrl23
My big sister who works at universal recently brought home this dance dvd called BREAKIN IT DOWN. Its with laurie ann Gibson from making the band 3. its really fun and a great way to learn new dances when you want to clubbing or just have fun with friends. There are three different types of dances too so itís not all the sameÖi highly recommend this to ne1 who wants to become a better dancer or who is afraid to dance in public..has anyone here tried it or heard of it before?

Etcetera
Is this some kind of advertisement?
Well, I' ve never heard of this dvd ( I am too far from LA )
Does it really help if you are afraid of dancing in public? I thought nothing could help but hypnosis. I mean it's okay when I am alone in my room but I become really clumsy when it comes for dancing in clubs. As if my body were chained . I know the chain is in my head only, but that doesn't help.

Twila
WTF?!?!?!?!

Etcetera
Twila
I'm sorry, but what is ''WTF" supposed to mean?
I've got a suggestion, but I'm not sure...

Twila
It means What The Feck (except change the e in Feck to a u)

GreenGreta
If you are afraid to dance in public, you could just not dance in public. It's pretty easy, just stay in your seat. Don't even try. Not hard, not hard at all.

Sorry Twila, I just keep reading em....

Etcetera
Twila
the suggestion was right

GreenGreta
Yeah, the best solution.

Hey, why is everybody so sceptical here?

Twila
Usually when the first post by somebody is to promote an item....it causes scepticism....

Chances are we'll never hear back from groovergrl23. If we do and it's not an advertisement then my apologies.

Etcetera
Reasonable.

Twila
So...Who are Terrence and Phillip?

Etcetera
Characters from that cartoon, ''South Park'', if you have seen it. Comic actors from Canada. Nice, though most of their jokes are fart jokes. Sweet anyway.

Sy
Hehehe this dance dvd reminds me of the movie Napoleon Dynamite. I'm surprised the instructor isn't named La Fawnduh or something.

peapod
Well its not spam, no link, and who is afraid to dance to public? like anyone gives a ****, really

Twila
Quote:

and who is afraid to dance to public? like anyone
gives a ****, really

I've seen a few moves by people who should have been afraid....actually they should have been very very afraid.....

peapod
ya, like what kind of moves..elaborate..explain...details :P

Etcetera
PEAPOD
Some people are afraid of doll's stare. As for me I don't see anything scary in the eyes of a doll - but scientists even say it's a desease - not just ''being afraid''. So there's nothing strange that someone is afraid of dancing to public...
no matter if anyone gives a **** or not

Diamond Sun
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

ya, like what kind of moves..elaborate..explain...details :P

Have you seen "Hitch". Moves like Kevin James does in that movie should definitely be outlawed!

mrmom2
I saw that and it was the funniest part of the movie

Twila
I use to go to this little bar in Langford. Called Chumps...er I mean Champs.....there were these 2 guys who never hit the dance floor....instead they'd stand by their table and every so often break into dance.

It lasted only maybe a few seconds. Never for the entirety of the song.....never from beginning to end....just for a couple of minutes in the middle of the song.

They were soooo funny....they're moves were....interesting to say the least......

Etcetera
TWILA

I imagine
They had paroxysms of boldness in the middle of their shyness desease
oh, what did I say

Twila
Quote:

They had paroxysms of boldness in the middle of their shyness desease
oh, what did I say

I think you hit it right square on the head......They had fun though....and we had fun watching them....all in all everyone had fun......

Pretty much the only people not having as much fun were the few who'd always fight after last call....

I've heard that this tradition doesn't happen else where. Friday Night Fight Night. It happen(ed)s in Victoria. It' was a tradition. After last call and everyone was kicked out...there was always a fight brewing outstide

Not always a good fight. Sometimes they were pretty lame. But nothing like a good old fashion fist fight to wake you up....or sober you up...depending.

mrmom2
Oh now i know why i was always having to thump some shmuck after closing time when i was in Victoria I thought it was just me :P

Etcetera
TWILA
Funny tradition ... and dangerous. I guess there could be a better way to sober you up for example we used to go to rhe lake and take a swim in the moonlight ...it helps though sometimes u get cold...

and where is Victoria?

peapod
ehm...sorry I gots distracted..had to try out my new water pistol out :P
ELECTRA
So you not afraid of a doll stare..but than you never had to stare down chuckie did ya??

Etcetera
PEAPOD

Chukie is an exception. Scary as hell!

And it's Etcetera, not Electra

Twila
Quote:

Oh now i know why i was always having to thump some shmuck after closing time when i was in Victoria Shocked I thought it was just me

So now that you know the truth, do you feel any better? lol. I only learned the "truth" after my bar days. Funny. Just thought it was normal. Like going for breakfast after the bar....Which, by the way, is always a good idea.

Quote:

and where is Victoria?

Vancouver Island. BC.

Etcetera
TWILA
Hm, where is my map?
though i dont have a map of Canada anyway

mrmom2
You sound like my wife Twila
she used to go to the bar for breakfast all the time damn near a religion for her

Etcetera
Well guys it was very nice talking to you! it's 3 a.m. here and I guess I should go have some sleep. see you later

Twila
Quote:

she used to go to the bar for breakfast all the time damn near a religion for her Laughing

Ahhhh smart woman. Understands the finer points of hang over prevention. Best to prevent rather then have to cure.......

no new posts