Good ideas for BBQ Steak Marinade

Frito lay

Electoral Member
Feb 9, 2005
British Columbia
Its is a wonderful day here in down town Gotham City, sun is out, birds cherping, and Steak in the fridge. Hmmmmm, I say, steak? yes but how do I prepare this lovely dead peace of flesh for the charbroiler? any ideas?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Try this one numbnuts...

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/3 cup rum
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Good ideas for BBQ St

Well, being numbnuts has the wrong equipment, I have to say the marinade. Although he IS a cutie!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
oh for god sakes!!!! did you have to say that :? he already hogs the mirror and struts around enough...You know he actually had the the nerve to tell me last week that I should start greasing myself like he does.... 8O 8O 8O ...standing around waiting for him to fluff and pretty himself up...blah! what ever happened to real men :? :? :?

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
Hey Frito,
You make a "rub" out of savory stuff and, yes, rub it on the steak after you wash it, not in the washing machine, silly, and pat the water off.
You might put in some sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and whaterver else you like in this rub.
If you get a good enough piece of meat, you really don't need to tenderize it, cuz it will be tender already.
I l;ike a sauce on it while you cook it made of sweetish stuff like Pomegranite juice, squashed up mandarine oranges and mangoes.
Whatever you do, do not use anything with
MSG-Mono Sodium Glutimate in it cuz that stuff is poison. Costco has really good steaks at great prices and you can have a party.
Make sure not to blow-up yourself with the bar-b-q-.
Cook some corn on the cob in foil along side it and some mushrooms with onions and butter to put on top.
Have some Papaya Enzyme after to help your digestion and tell me what to bring...eh?
Sounds like a blast.

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
Hey Frito,
You make a "rub" out of savory stuff and, yes, rub it on the steak after you wash it, not in the washing machine, silly, and pat the water off.
You might put in some sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and whaterver else you like in this rub.
If you get a good enough piece of meat, you really don't need to tenderize it, cuz it will be tender already.
I l;ike a sauce on it while you cook it made of sweetish stuff like Pomegranite juice, squashed up mandarine oranges and mangoes.
Whatever you do, do not use anything with
MSG-Mono Sodium Glutimate in it cuz that stuff is poison. Costco has really good steaks at great prices and you can have a party.
Make sure not to blow-up yourself with the bar-b-q-.
Cook some corn on the cob in foil along side it and some mushrooms with onions and butter to put on top.
Have some Papaya Enzyme after to help your digestion and tell me what to bring...eh?
Sounds like a blast.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Actually frito is a pretty good cook his self....he knows how to cook fish. When we lived in the same home town, we always had food fests...travelled from one house to the other...munching

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
peapod said:
oh for god sakes!!!! did you have to say that :? he already hogs the mirror and struts around enough...You know he actually had the the nerve to tell me last week that I should start greasing myself like he does.... 8O 8O 8O ...standing around waiting for him to fluff and pretty himself up...blah! what ever happened to real men :? :? :?

Metrosexuals, Pea. Much sexier than rednecks! Smell good, too.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
peapod said:
Try this one numbnuts...

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/3 cup rum
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

I'm thinking I like the idea of rum..1/3 cup for marinade...1/3 of thebottle for me....I'm like those crazy drunk cooking shows!

Actually I really like beer marinades, and wine for steaming seafood.

Hmm...mussels with green pepper, onion lemon juice, steamed in wine and dipped in vineager, YUM!

Frito lay

Electoral Member
Feb 9, 2005
British Columbia
Edge Runner, Thank you so much for the great idea, sounds too good :eek:) first prize for creativity. Manda I will try your wine thing next time as that also sounds good. Cosmo thank you ever so much for the nice coment :eek:) this man has to keep a close eye on the fishin line cause onday soon he will get a bite :eek:). "Pardon me Pea Pot, but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Good ideas for BBQ St

Beer (preferably red or dark) and Worschester sauce for 5 or 6 hours, then rub in some powdered mustard, onion, garlic, and black pepper. You should also slice up some potatoes, carrots, and onions, slather them in garlic butter, wrap them up in tinfoil. Oh, and there should be mushrooms. There should always be mushrooms with steak.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Re: RE: Good ideas for BBQ St

Reverend Blair said:
Beer (preferably red or dark) and Worschester sauce for 5 or 6 hours, then rub in some powdered mustard, onion, garlic, and black pepper. You should also slice up some potatoes, carrots, and onions, slather them in garlic butter, wrap them up in tinfoil. Oh, and there should be mushrooms. There should always be mushrooms with steak.

Yum, and peppers with the mushrooms

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
frito picked up the phone. peapods voice spoke. "Grey Poupon."

"I understand," frito whispers

"Frito, I want you to kill an eastern european terrorist who frequents a special club where women wrestle each other in the water," said peapod.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
Frito then replied, "as soon as I manage to get Manda's barf stain out of my assasination shirt...Who knows how to delete woofed cookies?" "don't forget the mustard as payment, variety peas!"

Wresteling women? sound suspiciously like the competitive synchro I used to do

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck :evil: