private messages

peapod
Private messages are just that "private" Its now become clear that some pm's from this board are being posted in a open forum at another board, a well known hate board. Clearly most of us would never consider doing something so underhanded. Some are sicker than other . So just a heads up to you all to take this into consideration when you are pmed

mrmom2
Hate Board more like clown board :P I think I'mm going to have to go back there and mess with them some more Tootles

peapod
Don't bother mom, you would just be sinking to their level. Its time to have some fun again mom :P saddle up and lets ride

Reverend Blair
Leave them their little playpen, Mom. We should try to remember that they have certain disadvantages in life.

mrmom2
Awe but theres only 35 members including Cosmo and Me :P Real cowboys hahahahahah :P I read that they had aleftists but I didn't see anything Sink to their level heheheheh no I went even lower I'm sure I'm banned already

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Hate Board more like clown board :P I think I'mm going to have to go back there and mess with them some more Tootles

All you're doing is sinking to their level. You're better than that, MrMom. When you post things (like the post I saw there) it only gives them ammo. And, just my opinion here, but I think it's disrespectful to go to someone elses' house and insult them. If they do that here, they are banned so, again my opinion, we need to live up to the standards we expect from others.

I suggest you take the high road. I come away from other places feeling like I need a shower, but I'm careful to accord them the respect I would demand here. When it gets on my nerves too much, I will resign my membership there. As one of them pointed out to me tho, it is good to know what your opponents are thinking.

peapod
I posted this to just to warn members to be careful about their pms. I don't want this to end up in a bashing thread, than we really do sink in the mud. I think this should have been a sticky notice. I am going to move it to announcements.

mrmom2
Nah I'm done if I want to bash I'll go to the Pub tonight :P

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I posted this to just to warn members to be careful about their pms. I don't want this to end up in a bashing thread, than we really do sink in the mud. I think this should have been a sticky notice. I am going to move it to announcements.

Agreed, Pea! I have better things to do with my time that sit around bitching about other forums!! If I don't like them, I stay away. If they come here and make trouble, there's XReport.

Your post about PMs is a good warning. I was taken by surprise that my "private" messages were anything but. It's good to know that is happening, but the last thing we need is to follow in the footsteps of forums who use entire threads to trash people and forums that are absent.

peapod
To bad you live in kamloops mom :P I wouldn't mind starting a brawl me self tonight :P I always good at starting them, just ask cosmos, although my best move was hiding and watching things unfold

mrmom2
Hey my buddy used to do that every time we went out He always stired the pot and left me to do the dirty work

manda
How would they get access to privat messages?

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

How would they get access to privat messages?

Manda ... What happened was private messages sent to members at this board are being posted by those members at other boards and ridiculed. The thread was created to let people know that is happening because no one expects to see their private messages posted on a board. It's just plain bad form, but it's being done.

It's just a warning so people can use a bit of caution when dealing with members they don't know well. There are those who do come here for less than up-front reasons. Since most of us wouldn't behave it that way, we don't expect others to do so. The warning is just to let members know there are those here who do, in fact, behave that way.

No one outside administration has access to private messages. The warning applies only to the PMs you willingly send others. It's just about being careful of what you say to who ... you never know where it will end up.

I think not
Just my $0.02. Only those that have access to MySQL databases (usually the webmaster, AKA administrator) has access to PM's. There is no function within PhpBB to access PM's.

manda
So ban the members that post those messages. You can do that right?

Twila
I don't know what forum there being posted to, but you'd think that person would realize they've just ousted themselves.

Diamond Sun

I'm not sure you can ban members for actions on another board. Maybe though, if it was in the rules.

I know that I was banned on a board for something I said on another board, so it has been done, but not sure if it's the proper route to take.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Just my $0.02. Only those that have access to MySQL databases (usually the webmaster, AKA administrator) has access to PM's. There is no function within PhpBB to access PM's.

Yup ... that's what I said.

I, personally, don't think people should be banned for what they say or do at other boards. Having stated that, I also think that people who behave one way here and another way somewhere else bear keeping an eye on. Ya can't trust a coyote. This warning was just to let people know there are a few in our midst, posing as friendly here but being not friendly elsewhere.

I try to be exactly who I am ... on the boards, in my real life, where ever I go. Not everyone does that. And that is fine ... as long as everyone realizes that happens. Some people use the internet as a way to act out their John Wayne fantasies. That's cool too, but people need to know it's going on.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

OK

I was just in the mood to get technical

Cosmo

OK

I was just in the mood to get technical

Feel free to get technical on my *** anytime ... I rely on guys like you who know how it all works to keep the internet running. Always happy to be schooled, ITN.

manda

Quote: Originally Posted by I think notJust my $0.02. Only those that have access to MySQL databases (usually the webmaster, AKA administrator) has access to PM's. There is no function within PhpBB to access PM's.Yup ... that's what I said.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandaSo ban the members that post those messages. You can do that right?I, personally, don't think people should be banned for what they say or do at other boards. Having stated that, I also think that people who behave one way here and another way somewhere else bear keeping an eye on. Ya can't trust a coyote. This warning was just to let people know there are a few in our midst, posing as friendly here but being not friendly elsewhere.
I try to be exactly who I am ... on the boards, in my real life, where ever I go. Not everyone does that. And that is fine ... as long as everyone realizes that happens. Some people use the internet as a way to act out their John Wayne fantasies. That's cool too, but people need to know it's going on.

Quote has been trimmed

I think that I stay close to who I am in real life on the internet, save the intonation or vocal inflections that can't be typed into cyberspace. I haven't really checked out other forums, this one was shown to me. I like it, so I chose to stay here. This would be a great opportunity to thank everyone who made me feel so welcome...so Thanks Guys!

Jay
"Feel free to get technical on my *** anytime"

Cosmo has such a dirty mind...

manda
It's not that I think that they should be banned for acting a certain way, but for violating someone's privacy. If you're taking someone's private thoughts and ridiculing them, you should be denied access to the area where you are getting that private information

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Jay ... you have NO idea

manda

Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Jay ... you have NO idea

OH my......

Cosmo

It's not that I think that they should be banned for acting a certain way, but for violating someone's privacy. If you're taking someone's private thoughts and ridiculing them, you should be denied access to the area where you are getting that private information

Better to just take care about who you share your private thoughts with, I think. It was mostly my PMs used, and I really don't give a **** all that much. Some people are more private that I, tho. And while the breach of trust did upset me to a degree, it's all about perspective ... no one from online really has any power to harm me or piss me off unless I allow it. It's not like they're coming to my door with shotguns.

I think posting PMs in open forum reveals more about the person doing that than could ever be revealed by the PMs themselves.

BTW ... you're a delightful addition to the board! Glad you feel welcome.

Twila
I'm Twila where ever I go on the net.

You see someone posting as Twila, it's me.

In real life I'm the same person only people call me Sandra and "hey you"

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

In real life I'm the same person only people call me Sandra

Hey ... good name! I'm only "Sandra" to my lawyer and my mother ... everybody else calls me Sandy.

Twila
No way? Really? I don't run into too many Sandra's......

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

In real life I'm the same person only people call me Sandra and "hey you"

I even have the same name, but also answer to mom, mom, MOMMY!