looking for Canadian support!!

chicaloc1

Jul 9, 2005
Fellow Canadians,
I could use some help battling a bunch of short-sighted Americans on another site, re: war in Iraq, London bombings. My position is that the bombings are a result of the US pissing off the world. (to sum it up) Anyone feeling up to getting in on it, contact me and I'll give you the link.
Hope I'll get some support!!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
hi..... you have plenty of CA support here. I just left a forum that was very much like what you describe. There is no reasoning with some "americans" anymore. (not sure there ever was......now that I consider it). So many are wound up tighter than a drum into their own "beliefs" and positions and simply cannot/will not consider any other view points. Who needs the headache......from beating one's head against a brick wall. Those that do not want to see......shall not see.

Yes, the US has been dissing off the world for some time now......only now the repercussions are playing back in their face. And still they fall into the blame the other guy crap.......refusing to acknowledge how much they have contributed to the crisis that is evolving now. ---and reaching very dangerous levels. Seems anyone associated with the US(G) is in danger. but one can not reason with what is apparently become a conditioned/brainwashed society. In their minds they are still the grand gladiators of whatever their mission is at the moment. Meanwhile things are deteriorating on their home front too. Will they wake up??? probably not. at least not any time soon. the world is dealing with a very pathological group think/society in the US that is very blind to the realities of the world. .....and for the most part , don't really give a damn.

One is yet to hear a single USer to say that they have been responsible for many of the current bombings on this planet. London, Madrid......are examples . The Iraq "invasion" of choice ......is the catalyst that is bring this to a head. In many ways, the US(G) has already lost control. They were trying too hard to CONTROL too much......and it is backfiring on them.

They simply blame the terrorists for these acts......without seeing how it all evolved and the part they played in it. It is quite sad to observe this kind of narrow mentality.---which does not take mature responsibility for its own actions, and consequences there of.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Just ask them this question .What evidence is there that Al Qieda even exists ?There is none nobody has ever been found guilty of being a member theres zero proof just spin :wink:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
seems this is a favorite topic for some Americans?

I posted the folowing in the How Interesting thread the other day in resonse to what I found to be a ridiculous statement - makes me wonder - how is it possible for two countries who have so more in common that we do differences to see the same events with such different eyes?

Zan said:
KeithPatton said:
You guys are funnier than our own home grown Bush bashing liberals. You ARE right. We Americans are saps. We protected your impotent asses for over 50 years spending OUR tax dollars so you wouldn't have to.

Hi Keith,

Not to belabour the point here, but ummmm... have you noticed that we don't actually have a need to ride on America's military coattails? It's far more imperative for America to ensure Canada's well-being simply to ensure it's own safety... we are merely a gateway to America that needs to be guarded.... (which I really think Americans think we're too stupid to realize) and in America's ideal world, we'd be footing the bill while Bush (most recently) runs amok alienating nations willy nilly, plundering resources, making unholy alliances that blow up in his face (literally!!!) and then trying to get other countries (namely us) to fight the battles he picks! Then he (and by association, YOU) have the audacity to be affronted when the best we're willing to provide is help cleaning up after yourselves. Sheesh! See, we don't tend to go around p*ssing outher countries off as a rule, so in turn, they don't tend to want our blood. Now as for Al Queda casting their intentions our way, do ya think that'd be the case if we hadn't covered YOUR butts and provided much needed support in trying to help pick up the pieces you blew to sh*t all over the middle east? Had we just stayed home and minded our own business, as we are wont to do usually, we'd probably just be wishing you all the best, whilst tutting about the nasty repercussions your government keeps inflicting upon you...a gov't btw, that is not even legally elected, but is tolerated, therefore condoned as such by the American public.

later, neighbor.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
makes me wonder - how is it possible for two countries who have so more in common that we do differences to see the same events with such different eyes?

not sure how much we have in common anymore. The two societies are quite different in character. nature, and essence. (philosophy too) I think that we "think" we have a lot in common, but reality and the differing views indicate otherwise. In fact , don't think the US has much in common with any other nation. They have isolated themselves in their own minds into a different zone now. (arrogance and false pride (self grandization-)does that to a society. )

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Ocean Breeze said:
makes me wonder - how is it possible for two countries who have so more in common that we do differences to see the same events with such different eyes?

not sure how much we have in common anymore. The two societies are quite different in character. nature, and essence. (philosophy too) In fact , don't think the US has much in common with any other nation. They have isolated themselves in their own minds into a different zone now.)

We should be carefull not to isolate that large number of Americans who are against the war. They may be in the majority actually, its close. Remember, less than half voted for Bush.

Us and Them gets dangerous. Dividing people is their game, not ours.

What the anti-war side is against is the actions of the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, which is really the actions of the corporate Elites who run government, bought and paid for. What was that quote ? - "War is the product of corporate greed"[Gerry McGuire]. Its sure is this time I think.
And sure, those individuals who shout about what a great job it is doing, those we know as the suckheads,
the brainwashed,
minions of mindless capitalism,
motherlanderfatherfigurefuckups,
bee-ell-zee-bubba's berzerkers,
Conservative Christian Fundamentalist WhackJobs.

ya know, "them".
I guess that time is here, we have to draw that line, identify our enemy and stay our ground. They are in our midst too. On this forum. They play the role of the SS in a way, count on them to turn you in for speaking out against the government.

chicaloc1

Jul 9, 2005
RE: looking for Canadian

Thanks for the support!!! Arghhh!!! I'm the lone Canadian having a debate with this bunch that just keep talking in circles. They only read what suits them, and just continue on and on in their blind haze......
If anyone feels like kicking in a comment or two, here's the link:
http://www.canadiancontent.net/en/jd/go?Url=http://www.momswhothink.com/

It says canadian content, but it's NOT. The forum is called "moms who think", but don't be deterred - not everyone on there is a mom, nor even female, and I'm pretty sure some of them anyways don't think.
If you go there, you'll have to register. Then go to Politics and Government, and find the thread entitled "Human targets: where do you rank?".
You may also want to first read the thread "when will America learn?" (started by yours truly and then locked by the adminstrator....the human targets was started by someone as a continuation of the one they closed)
Could use support over there.
Thanks again!!! So glad to find Canadian sites.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Karlin said:
ya know, "them".
I guess that time is here, we have to draw that line, identify our enemy and stay our ground. They are in our midst too. On this forum. They play the role of the SS in a way, count on them to turn you in for speaking out against the government.

:lol: :lol:

Then everyone wonders why the world is the way it is.

Toro

Senate Member
I think not said:
Karlin said:
ya know, "them".

I have W's speed dial on my phone. Unfortunately, its right beside the pizza place so I sometimes wind up sending highly classified information over to Dominoes.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: looking for Canadian

chicaloc1 said:
Thanks for the support!!! Arghhh!!! I'm the lone Canadian having a debate with this bunch that just keep talking in circles. They only read what suits them, and just continue on and on in their blind haze......
If anyone feels like kicking in a comment or two, here's the link:
http://www.canadiancontent.net/en/jd/go?Url=http://www.momswhothink.com/

It says canadian content, but it's NOT. The forum is called "moms who think", but don't be deterred - not everyone on there is a mom, nor even female, and I'm pretty sure some of them anyways don't think.
If you go there, you'll have to register. Then go to Politics and Government, and find the thread entitled "Human targets: where do you rank?".
You may also want to first read the thread "when will America learn?" (started by yours truly and then locked by the adminstrator....the human targets was started by someone as a continuation of the one they closed)
Could use support over there.
Thanks again!!! So glad to find Canadian sites.

Sounds like the site is infested with Trolls.

Yer best bet is to stay quiet and when they realize no one is listening but themselves they'll move on to another site.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Toro said:
I think not said:
Karlin said:
ya know, "them".

I have W's speed dial on my phone. Unfortunately, its right beside the pizza place so I sometimes wind up sending highly classified information over to Dominoes.
:) :lol:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Toro said:

:lol: Since I'm flipping through the Art of War right now you may want to speed dial and leave a message with Bush. Apparently he forgot a couple important things written by someone who knows war much better than him

In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them.

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Therefore in chariot fighting, when ten or more chariots have been taken, those should be rewarded who took the first. Our own flags should be substituted for those of the enemy, and the chariots mingled and used in conjunction with ours. The captured soldiers should be kindly treated and kept.

This is called, using the conquered foe to augment one's own strength.

In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.

:lol: I know it's a little late to tell him that now, but perhaps he may be able to keep it in mind for the next country.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Jo Canadian said:
Toro said:

:lol: Since I'm flipping through the Art of War right now you may want to speed dial and leave a message with Bush. Apparently he forgot a couple important things written by someone who knows war much better than him

In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them.

Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Therefore in chariot fighting, when ten or more chariots have been taken, those should be rewarded who took the first. Our own flags should be substituted for those of the enemy, and the chariots mingled and used in conjunction with ours. The captured soldiers should be kindly treated and kept.

This is called, using the conquered foe to augment one's own strength.

In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.

:lol: I know it's a little late to tell him that now, but perhaps he may be able to keep it in mind for the next country.

there better NOT be a "next " country. Saturated with the blood of these two messes now.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Karlin said:
bee-ell-zee-bubba's berzerkers,
ya know, "them".

:laughing5:

that's funny, but in all seriousness, I agree completely with you. It is the actions of the American Government that are abhorant, (and not just in regards to their stance on the war) and I'm not convinced that the majority of Americans are aware of just what the hell their government is up to... what I cannot, for the life of me understand, is HOW they could still be in such denial with the amount of exposure people like Michael Moore and the like are trying to bring to increase transparancy in their government....
(not that we're that much better off when it comes to knowing what the hell our gov't is up to, I guess - but at least it's just ourselves we're screwing over with our stupidity. Jeeze, I just noticed how crowded it's getting in denial lately!!)

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
chicaloc1 said:
Fellow Canadians,
I could use some help battling a bunch of short-sighted Americans on another site, re: war in Iraq, London bombings. My position is that the bombings are a result of the US pissing off the world. (to sum it up) Anyone feeling up to getting in on it, contact me and I'll give you the link.
Hope I'll get some support!!

Well I am a Canadian who is residing within the US and I completey disagree with what you have said. How in the world can you condone terrorist attacks? It is completely unacceptable. The US was attacked on 9/11 and it has a right to defend itself against the terrorists. I fully support the war and believe the US and their allies need to keep going after the terrorists and not cave in.

What the other nations need to do for their own safety is take a lesson from what the US did after 9/11 and tighten their borders and restrict immigration from countries that support and/or harbor terrorists.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Bwahahahahahah restrict immigration are you paying attention to whats happening on your southern border :? There not stopping anybody what the hell are you smoking .The border is wide open down there Bush suspended the border patrol .The Mexican goverment moves people to the easiest places to cross .Wake up :p

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
The US was attacked on 9/11 and it has a right to defend itself against the terrorists

Yes, they had justification for going into Afghanistan, but they have NO justification for being in Iraq, except greed, Saddam had no links with the people who executed those attacks. Yes Saddam was a horrible man, but he was never linked to Al Queida.

They claim that they went in to find WMD, they have found none, and no evidence that there ever was any. The only reason they are fighting the war in Iraq is for cheap oil. They are taking away the Iraqi people's right to determine their OWN form of government by effectivvely instilling a US-friendly puppet government. They have done this kind of thing over and over again, and it inevitably turned out badly for the people of the country they "liberated". Several regimes in South America come to mind.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Speaking of al Qaida anybody find any evidence that they exist the media and the US goverment telling us this is not proof :p

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Andygal said:
The US was attacked on 9/11 and it has a right to defend itself against the terrorists

Yes, they had justification for going into Afghanistan, but they have NO justification for being in Iraq, except greed, Saddam had no links with the people who executed those attacks. Yes Saddam was a horrible man, but he was never linked to Al Queida.

They claim that they went in to find WMD, they have found none, and no evidence that there ever was any. The only reason they are fighting the war in Iraq is for cheap oil. They are taking away the Iraqi people's right to determine their OWN form of government by effectivvely instilling a US-friendly puppet government. They have done this kind of thing over and over again, and it inevitably turned out badly for the people of the country they "liberated". Several regimes in South America come to mind.

No justification for going after Sadam in IRAQ? Are you kidding? No links betwen the terrorists and Saddam? Are you kidding me??? Was it not Sadam who was paying off the families of suicide bombers with tens of thousands of dollars? We had every justification to go after Sadam.