Who has tattoos and of what?

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Who has tattoos and o

I have several tattoos. On my leg is Chinese writing with my name, the name of someone who changed the course of my life (a male, btw), the the word love. Above it are 3 lilies.

I have a winged unicorn on my tummy.

I have a flower with an initial over most of my left breast.

I have a rainbow and star on my upper right chest.

I have a labrys on my right arm.

I have a great blue heron on my left arm.

I have one "oops" ... never let a drunk amateur have a go, on my wrist.

Two of my tats are covers ... one covering the very first tattoo I got 30 years ago and had to keep secret from my parents. :) The other is a cover of a unicorn head, done in such fine line it began to blur after about 5 years.

I also have piercings ... let's say above the belly button but below the neck. ;) I am getting my belly button done this year and perhaps a facial piercing too. And, of course, more ink in the plans. And soon!

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Holy Cosmo. What is a labrys? And just curious, what the hell could a male have done for a lesbian that warranted a tattoo? Oooh, the chest ones must have hurt, I have one on my spine that hurt but the chest, ouch. No dog?

My chinese symbol means beginning but I picked it only because of it's cuteness.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: Who has tattoos and of what?

GreenGreta said:
Holy Cosmo. What is a labrys? And just curious, what the hell could a male have done for a lesbian that warranted a tattoo? Oooh, the chest ones must have hurt, I have one on my spine that hurt but the chest, ouch. No dog?

My chinese symbol means beginning but I picked it only because of it's cuteness.

A labrys is a popular symbol for dykes:

"Scythian female warriors originally used this special double-headed axe as a scepter.The Amazons also favored it, so the labrys has become a modern symbol of womens power and of the Goddess. An intimate relationship between the Goddess, labyrinth, and labrys seems to exist."

Mine is quite plain ... I had a woman tattooist do it who was known for her black shadow work. I like it. I'm going to have some ornamentation put around it this year. I've enjoyed the plain labrys, but I do eventually want a whole lot more ink on my arms so I'm going to start. I'm saving my back for an entire back piece. :)

As for your first question, it's a bit of a long story, but I used to ride Harleys (I had one) with a very good friend of mine. He was a catalyst that changed me from being angry, self-destructive and negative to being who I am today. We rode many miles together, studied a lot of philosophies together, and his presence in my life changed me forever. I admit we did try to live together as a couple for a while, but that was a resounding flop. :( I did gain a whole new approach to life from him, though, so his name on my leg reminds me of all that I learned. Sometimes a great teacher will appear to us ... this was just a regular guy with some good ideas that I understood, but for me he brought the gift of epiphany.

Actually the boob tattoo hurt the least (piercings another story) ... the more fleshy the part of the body, the less pain for ink. I've also learned that anywhere we normally suntan, the skin seems less sensitive so tattoos are less painful. The one that hurt like an SOB was just above my bikini line on the side of my tummy. Youch. And that was a cover so I got to do that one twice!

No dogs. The one on my boob is a big "M" with flowers, which I have transferred the meaning to my girl Shell (her last name starts with M) and my dog, Moche. ;)

I'll have to look up the symbol for beginnings to see what your's looks like. Did you get it at a time in your life that the meaning was significant? All my tattoos have meaning beyond decoration to me. :)

Love your avatar, btw. :) I won't ask if it's you. ;)

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
GreenGreta said:
I have three
Chinese symbol - my kid was way into karate at the time - black line
Maple Leaf (not the team, Gawd) - I am Canadian (it's an abstract style with black line)
Shamrock - celtic style black line - I am also Irish
All in Black - Very Cute

I only like black line tattoos, they are the prettiest.

Idea for your dog.... Get his footprint tattooed on you. Friend did that with his great dane, what a tat. Gorgeous.

My next tattoo is the King and Queen of hearts where instead of the K and Q it will be my parents initials. Pretty sweet (except the initials are S & M) . Sadly my artist won't do it only in black, so it is still on his wall a year later.

And of course I will always have room for Charles Shultz' cute little Woodstock character.... Where? Who knows.

Oh ya, no piercings. I did my ears, and that is all. Also, the avatar, is NOT me. I got brains instead (or did I)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
GreenGreta said:
Idea for your dog.... Get his footprint tattooed on you. Friend did that with his great dane, what a tat. Gorgeous.

Most excellent idea!

Also, the avatar, is NOT me. I got brains instead (or did I)

Yes, you appear to have gotten brains. ;) Myself, I would prefer to have both. My sister got her, uh, "cleavage enhanced" and I've been jealous ever since. :lol:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Who has tattoos and o

Geez, Greta ... you in a different time zone or an insomniac like me? It's almost 5 am here in Vic, been up since 10 pm. Of course I did have a 4 hour nap which contributed to my insomnia, but I do get to watch the sun rise on a regular basis.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Bit of an insomniac myself. I could pretty much type your identical post. Four hour nap included. I imagine the sunrise is pretty sweet out there.

Hey, every day my giant breasted older sister would say "don't worry, maybe tomorrow you will have your boobs" every night I cried "NO NO NO".

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Said1 said:
I have a tribalish tatto on my shoulder
Roses on my chest area
A flamingo on my hip

I LOVE tribal work. My sister has some on the back of her neck ... down across her shoulders to join the enormous one that covers the entire left side of her upper body. Gorgeous.

A flamingo? Cool! Bet that's a nice tat. My blue heron needs a bit of work. I got it a while back. I am going to get another heron. Somewhere.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

GreenGreta said:
Bit of an insomniac myself. I could pretty much type your identical post. Four hour nap included. I imagine the sunrise is pretty sweet out there.

Hey, every day my giant breasted older sister would say "don't worry, maybe tomorrow you will have your boobs" every night I cried "NO NO NO".

:lol: :lol: well, nice to know someone else takes napping seriously!

Ya ... the sunrise is beautiful. I"m on the 15th floor so get to watch it come up over the city. I've tried taking pix, but my digital is a bit of a piece of crap ... I need a new one.

What part of the planet do you hail from, if you don't mind me asking? For some reason I thought you were a west coaster?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Cosmo said:
Said1 said:
I have a tribalish tatto on my shoulder
Roses on my chest area
A flamingo on my hip

I LOVE tribal work. My sister has some on the back of her neck ... down across her shoulders to join the enormous one that covers the entire left side of her upper body. Gorgeous.

A flamingo? Cool! Bet that's a nice tat. My blue heron needs a bit of work. I got it a while back. I am going to get another heron. Somewhere.

I say tribalish, because I had it done before that style was really popular (i've had it for 13 years. :eek: ) so it's in the middle, no real category for it.

Like your heron, my flamingo needs work, since the birth of my daughter it's not longer where it once was, and has a strech march blurring some colour. :oops: