View Poll Results: If you had 1% of all knowlegde do you think that it's possible that in the other 99% god exists?
Absolutley(christian) 5 50.00%
I guess(ignostic) 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurpie

yes i can get it for saterday. I don't have it my friend who finds proof for a living knows though.

Is that right? Well I'm up for some proof.

Vanni Fucci

yes i can get it for saterday. I don't have it my friend who finds proof for a living knows though.

I must admit I'm intrigued by your friend's purported proof...Saturday it is then...

Slurpie
ok

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

I must admit I'm intrigued by your friend's purported proof...Saturday it is then...

Oh wait...that's the day of Sabbath...better make it Sunday... :P

Slurpie
saterday

Vanni Fucci

saterday

Alright...it's your eternal soul...

no1important
Well if the "Christian Church" and their "God" is the only god, then why did the diferent area's of the world have diferent views/beliefs before "christianity" travelled the globe?

Like North and South america the native people had their spirits, asia had buddah and believe in reincarnation, Hindus have multiple gods and believe in re-incarnation and europe was "christian"(and many variants of christianity). Middle east area believed in Allah except for the Jewish people and they(jewish) do not believe Jesus was gods son or in hell. Not to mention ancient Gods of diferent areas.

But why did all these diferent regions all come up their own beliefs and not the same? That is my point.

GreenGreta

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

i guess not but you learn stuff and it keeps you on track gives you something to do on the sabbath.

I help kids go to college, I have my hands full as it is, and if I go to chruch, I may run the risk of being asked to build an ark and I just can't afford it quite honestly.

no time for god? or just don't like church?

I'm sorry Slurpie, I have been reading and reading this thread, and I am getting irritated. It is people like you that keep people like me OUT OF CHURCH. I don't need your ideals FORCED down my throat. As far as the putting down of ITN you are OUT OF LINE. If not for people like ITN, there would be good people missing out on an education. I don't think you should assume these people have closed minds. Seriously you are out of line.

GreenGreta

it all makes sense that this happened. fairy tales aren't scientificaly possible and the bible is.

THE BIBLE IS POSSIBLE???????????

Have you even looked at it?

GreenGreta
Oh ya, it's Monday.... Where is this proof? IF you have a friend that provides proof of GOD Why doesn't he have his own talk show, his own church, his own newspaper. There is no proof of God and you know it.

Jo Canadian
Quote:

fairy tales aren't scientificaly possible and the bible is.

Jay
There are people who swear they have seen real fairies...There is a case in Canada, East Coast I think…I’ll post a link if I can find it.

p106_peppy
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

it all makes sense that this happened. fairy tales aren't scientificaly possible and the bible is.

THE BIBLE IS POSSIBLE???????????

Have you even looked at it?

Have you?

Jo Canadian
Quote:

Have you?

I have, albiet it was some time ago. Don't let the avatar fool ye. I found it interesting in a way one would view when an oral culture puts down their oral histroy onto paper. This transfer took place a few thousand years ago so it is kind of like a window to the mindset of the people from then. Although the bible has been recopied, lost and reworked over the ages nobody for sure can say that it is 100% as factual as it may have been around 2000-3000 years ago. I'm sure Jesus may have been around in the past but whether he is exactly as the bible says remains to be seen. But there was definetly someone who made an impact and a very important impression on the people of that time.

I'm more curious to what the dead sea scrolls will tell. To this day they are still being patched together and translated. Now that would be an interesting unfiltered view of past life.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Jo Canadian

I'm more curious to what the dead sea scrolls will tell. To this day they are still being patched together and translated. Now that would be an interesting unfiltered view of past life.

What do the Dead Sea Scrolls say about Jesus?
This is a common question asked by those not familiar with the dates of the scrolls. The body of literature known as the Dead Sea Scrolls predates the time of Jesus by approximately 80 years and as a consequence of this there are no direct references to his life and teachings.

orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/resourc...tml#aboutJesus (external - login to view)

Just FYI Jo

GreenGreta
Ephesians 6:5 & 6
Slaves, you must obey your earthly masters. Show them great respect and be as loyal to them as you are to Christ.
Try to please them at all times, and not just when you think they are watching. You are slaves of Christ, so with your whole heart you must do what God wants you to do. Gladly serve your masters, as though they were the Lord himself and not simply people.

I think I will pass on the bible. We freed the slaves, or so I thought.

Jay
We did, well after that passage was written though....

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

What do the Dead Sea Scrolls say about Jesus?
This is a common question asked by those not familiar with the dates of the scrolls. The body of literature known as the Dead Sea Scrolls predates the time of Jesus by approximately 80 years and as a consequence of this there are no direct references to his life and teachings.

orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/resourc...tml#aboutJesus (external - login to view)

Just FYI Jo

Don't worry ITN, I'm well aware that the dead sea scrolls predate jesus. Still, their reference to the other biblical happenings is what I'm interested in. Jesus didn't come around until after the bible had already been established for a few centuries in some form or other. MY interest with the DSS was that they weren't created, copied and recreated over time. Here we have text that was left as it was written...unless it was copied from something else but hey, it's still old.

Slurpie
The old testament gives prophesies that jesus would come(I have read the bible about 3 times-still reading) anyway the old testament was written around 4000bc and the new testament around 80 so the prophesies of the bible are proven true. Therefore the bible must be true oh and i wrote that last night about getting that proof and i will on saterday! I'm sorry that you feel i'm chocking you all with this stuff i'm saying and i don't mean to be insulting(ITN-i was just wondering why some christians don't go to church-i love my church- i went to a catholic church once-horrible- i can understand when there's wooden benches and the priest says some mumbojumbo about some funeral that happen a while ago or like-well i fell asleep by then !

Slurpie
god see's servantes differently then we do he sees them as children and treats them as children he doesn't treat them like slaves that the world had.

Vanni Fucci

I found it interesting in a way one would view when an oral culture puts down their oral histroy onto paper. This transfer took place a few thousand years ago so it is kind of like a window to the mindset of the people from then.

Yep...to me the Bible is no more a holy book than is Homer's Iliad and Odyssey...

Slurpie
the bible is it's original context nothing changed-trust me and you can research it if you want the bible isn't changing.

Slurpie
you might like proverbs-the book of wisdom

Vanni Fucci

The old testament gives prophesies that jesus would come(I have read the bible about 3 times-still reading) anyway the old testament was written around 4000bc and the new testament around 80 so the prophesies of the bible are proven true. Therefore the bible must be true oh and i wrote that last night about getting that proof and i will on saterday! I'm sorry that you feel i'm chocking you all with this stuff i'm saying and i don't mean to be insulting(ITN-i was just wondering why some christians don't go to church-i love my church- i went to a catholic church once-horrible- i can understand when there's wooden benches and the priest says some mumbojumbo about some funeral that happen a while ago or like-well i fell asleep by then !

No prophesy has been fulfilled and I defy you to provide proof of your claim...

Slurpie
ok 1min

Vanni Fucci

the bible is it's original context nothing changed-trust me and you can research it if you want the bible isn't changing.

Wrong again...there have been multiple changes to the bible over the centuries...something like 14000 changes from the original text...it is insane to try to argue that this is the same book as the original...

Slurpie
biblia.com/jesusbible/psalms-prophecies.htm (external - login to view)

Slurpie
any changes probably would be the changing from thy to you

I think not
I find it rather nice that a young person like slurpie has such a strong belief.

Slurpie
see that there are fulfilled profecies in the bible!

no new posts