• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bubble

Nominee Member
Jun 22, 2005
I know a baby who called the cops before it was kinda wierd when they knocked on the door tough( i nevernew baby's could do that) anyway about 5 minutes after the police left this kid fell down the stairs( he was ok though!)

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
We had quite the experience, actually. Shell, my partner, has MS and some various other issues. She was having chest pains so I called the med line and they recommended I call 911. I did so. Yi.

That night all the paramedics were on other calls, so the fire truck showed up, lights flashing, 2 in the morning. That was followed by 2 ambulances. We were living in a basement suite so everyone on the street, including the people upstairs, were all wondering what the h*ll was going on.

After having about a dozen uniformed men tromping through the bedroom, scaring the heck out of our Jack Russell, it all turned out fine. It wasn't Shell's heart, which was a relief, and we learned next time I'll just load her in the truck and quietly sneak her off to emergency myself!

Gotta admit ... these guys do make a quick and thorough response!!

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I've called 911 for everything police fire and ambulance.Come to think of it my life used to be a bit of a blood bath :lol: :lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ihad to call the ambulance for a guest who fell down my stairs ,broke an arm and twisted his shoulder. They drove by my address twice,even though I was standing outside ,waving madly ,to get their attention. Another time,they took almost an hour to pick up a man who had a seizure uptown. Here,the 911 service doesn't impress me much!

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
I've had to call 911 a couple of times. I saw a guy get stabbed at a phone booth across the street. The ambulance was there thirty seconds after I called. I saw five guys beating on a drunk as he was walking down the street. They wouldn't even let him stand up straight before they started pummeling him. It took the cops two minutes to respond. Ambulance was about thirty seconds later.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Have you ever had to

I have a few times, not ever for a fire though.

Called 911 twice when neighbour collapsed two diferent times, one from a heart attack and one he was just walking and collapsed and that turned out to be heart failure and ended up with pacemaker. (his daughter saved his life this time by doing cpr until help arrived)Both times fire department showed up very fast then shortly later by ambulance. In my neighbourhood fire hall is closer, so I guess thats why they come for medical calls.

I found a dead body once when I was fishing on the fraser river, that was determined to be a suicide and police, fire and ambulance where there fast and the coroner was there within 20. Very disturbing sight to say the least, not to mention shocking.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
Never called it but had it called on my behalf. Once in '78 when I rolled a truck, and once in'90 when I was rear-ended at an intersection.

When you've been the recipient of that kind of help you feel a rather strong sense of gratitude. After the first time I obtained my paramedic ticket and rode volunteer in the local ambulance for a few years.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
There was an accident in my town. It looked really bad, ok? So I called 911 and told them of this horrific accident in town. They must have spent 10 million dollars getting firetrucks, ambulances and shit out there.

Eh hem, no one was even hurt. The truck that looked like it had plowed through three cars wasn't even involved. Needless to say, feeling like an idiot, I snuck away. So, I won't be calling 911 again unless I see blood.

My apologies, by the way, to my town.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Have you ever had to call 911?

GreenGreta said:
There was an accident in my town. It looked really bad, ok? So I called 911 and told them of this horrific accident in town. They must have spent 10 million dollars getting firetrucks, ambulances and shit out there.

Eh hem, no one was even hurt. The truck that looked like it had plowed through three cars wasn't even involved. Needless to say, feeling like an idiot, I snuck away. So, I won't be calling 911 again unless I see blood.

Better safe than sorry if you ask me.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

I think not said:
GreenGreta said:

I called 911 once too....the pollution plant in London looked like it was on fire.....it was really just fog and the orange light they used to light the place up with....I too slinked away. You can get in real trouble if they think your screwn around.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Jay said:
I think not said:
GreenGreta said:

I called 911 once too....the pollution plant in London looked like it was on fire.....it was really just fog and the orange light they used to light the place up with....I too slinked away. You can get in real trouble if they think your screwn around.

I should of called 911 when you came to NYC. A Canadian on the loose! :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I fit in so well, they wouldn't have believed you.. :wink:

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
As someone who has never called 911 but has responded a number of times (I'm a paramedic) please be reassured that if you call with true belief that emergency services are needed, nobody will/should be upset with you.

Over the years I, or colleagues that I know, have responded to: someone wanting a glass of water, someone was too hot (thermostat in house set to high), someone testing if the 911 system worked or not, TV remote control wasn't working (grandchildren were visiting earlier and had switched the TV off of channel 3) etc. Usually when we get these sort of blatant abuses we advise whichever Police dept. is responsible for the area and they will give the caller "a talking to". Never in my experience, has anyone ever been charged.

Of course, there have been many more times when folks have called believing there was a legitimate emergency. When we show up there has been some sort of misunderstanding and everything is fine. These are non-issues and are understood that they are going to happen in an emergency service.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well that is reassuring Passpatoo...but I have long hair, and the cops don't seem to like guys with long hair, so I slinked away.

It's not a problem now that I'm older, but back then, you could never be sure.

How is Algoma?

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
I don't know about "back then", but long hair certainly isn't a problem now. :hippy2:

:sunny: Algoma is hot. 31 C today + humidity + smog