a million dollars...?

canadian_cindy
Ok.... now I am sure many of you have been asked this once or twice before....but what would you do if you were to win a million dollars?

Me....Well can you buy world peace?? Nah...didn't think so.
I would donate money to the local womens shelter... I would put money away in a savings account for each of my kids.... I would buy myself a house.... I would help those who took the time to help me in the hard times!!

peapod
I'd like the money first, and than decide :P

Reverend Blair
I'd buy one of those little smart cars. They're cool.

Jay
I would buy a 100 acre lakefront property in Northern Ontario, have a large log house built on it, and retire to it, and then think about what to do with the rest of the money....

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I'd buy one of those little smart cars. They're cool.

What do they cost?

canadian_cindy
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

I would buy a 100 acre lakefront property in Northern Ontario, have a large log house built on it, and retire to it, and then think about what to do with the rest of the money....

Nice idea....I'd buy the land in Elliot Lake..I hear its really nice up there!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

What do they cost?

I have no idea. I have long-standing policy of only buying vehicles that are a decade or more old...I hate that depreciation thing.

Quote:

I'd likely build a super-efficient house out in the country some place...staggered double studs, wrap-around porch, maybe built into a hill on the north side.

Jay
"Nice idea....I'd buy the land in Elliot Lake..I hear its really nice up there!"

It is really nice, but there is one problem with it...itís a retirement community. (My friend ITN would like it I'm sure).

I've always been partial to the Temagami areaÖ..

Reverend Blair
And I'd buy a new coffee maker too.

Jay

And I'd buy a new coffee maker too.

Ask nice at Christmas, and maybe the wife will spring for one for ya....

Jay
"Elliot Lake...mmmmmm uranium mines"

I was going to mention that, but I didn't want to scare her.

peapod
Elliot Lake...mmmmmm uranium mines I have been fishing in the north channel there, around Spragge, caught a really big muskie there once where the north channel runs into the seperent river...there he was just sitting under a log...man I could not believe it Oi! what a scraper that fish is My nanny use to live in Blind River.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

This one works, but the switch is broken so you have to plug and unplug it all the time. I forgot to unplug it, poured the water in, then went to put coffee in the basket. Now my hand hurts.

Ten Packs
One-ton Chevy, with Duramax/Allison set-up, new 5th wheel with four slides, and get the Hell out of this country from November to the end of March...

peapod
Why don't you go to starbucks rev and get a good cup of java

Jay

Quote:

This one works, but the switch is broken so you have to plug and unplug it all the time. I forgot to unplug it, poured the water in, then went to put coffee in the basket. Now my hand hurts.

Your always good for a laugh.

canadian_cindy

Scare who me?? Nah.... I have never been to Elliot Lake but you know I would rather live there and enjoy living there... then live here and hate it..cause this city sucks big time...and its just getting worse!!

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I like real coffee, not that fru fru Starbucks stuff. Besides, at 15 or so cups a day I'd spend all day going back and forth between here and the coffee shop.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by canadian_cindy

Scare who me?? Nah.... I have never been to Elliot Lake but you know I would rather live there and enjoy living there... then live here and hate it..cause this city sucks big time...and its just getting worse!!

And what city would that be, if you don't mind?

Jay

Quote:

I like real coffee, not that fru fru Starbucks stuff. Besides, at 15 or so cups a day I'd spend all day going back and forth between here and the coffee shop.

Between coffee, beer and Marlboros...you probably don't have to eat.

Reverend Blair
I like to eat though, Jay. Tonight for supper we're having cheeseburgers. I love cheese burgers.

canadian_cindy
I live in St.Catharines Ontario.... if you ever look it up online... they make it look so nice... boy is that ever misleading... I really can't stand this city.

Knightman
Pay off my debt load and put the rest in the bank, presto instant annual income for life. Then worry about what I will do with he earned intrest...............

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by canadian_cindy

I live in St.Catharines Ontario.... if you ever look it up online... they make it look so nice... boy is that ever misleading... I really can't stand this city.

I just drove by there the other day, on my way back from New York going home to London.

canadian_cindy
yeah... there are some nice areas here in the city. But there is nothing to do here... and there are other not so nice things about the city..but I don't want to get into labeling people.... vist and you will see exactly what I mean... take a walk downtown...LOL... you'll see some interesting people!!

Sy
I'd start my own political party and eventually become emporer of the world...

..and there will be peace

Reverend Blair
It's only a million bucks, Sy. I don't mean to disillusion you, and I wish it wasn't so, but that's pocket change in the world of politics.

Sy
hey a good investment here, fudge a few numbers there and i've developped world class money laundering skills!

....and we shall have peace

I think not
Turn it into 10 million.

Then, I would secure myself and family with a house and a fat savings account for them and myself.

Travel around the world for a year.

Give $1 million to The Sitrix Fund and deal with that to keep me busy.

I think not

It is really nice, but there is one problem with it...itís a retirement community. (My friend ITN would like it I'm sure).

I hear there is vacancy in Guantanamo Jay. Would you like to go? I have a free ticket.