Ok Newbie and a new thread

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
What would you do if you were Carla Homalkas parents??

Support your child no matter what? Carry on with your life and keep her close?
Support your child no matter what? But go into hiding?
Deny she did anything wrong and it was all Pauls fault and convert her to a nun?
Or toss her to the lions as a snack?

What a hellish nightmare for her parents.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Sweet question.

Her parents, most of all, would know if she was the psycho we think she is. Wouldn't she have been sacrificing puppies and kittens as a child if she was sooo insane? Maybe it was all Paul Bernardo's fault, maybe she is an angel. Ok, no. Nobody was dying until they met. Bernardo was a rapist not a killer until little darling Karly Kurls showed up. If she gets a pardon for these crimes, we have NO justice in Canada.

I wouldn't support her, I would change my name and pretend I never knew her at all. I would have been long gone if I was her mother. I'd like to know how they even sleep knowing one daughter killed the other.

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
Re: RE: Ok Newbie and a new thread

missile said:
I would change my name,my address, and my phone number. I would also try to get into The Witness Protection Program.

Ditto.
How many of you are parents? That would make the decisions different yes?
It takes a hell of a parent to support this kind of person. I think the first inclination would be to beat her senseless and lock her up in an institute, then rational hits and you cop out and blame Paul Bernado, and take her and hide her and try to erase her dirty little past. HOWEVER, seems prison life suited her, remember the pictures and stories of her "parties" in prison. Her current lover is a con. I don't think she is fit for general population personally.
If I were her parent, I think I could walk away and leave her to her own devices. I just could not support the likes of her. Tis not in my nature.

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
peapod said:
Tough question, who can say what they would do. I suppose blaming bernardo keeps them sane.

Ok what if you were bernardo's parents, and back to mr and mrs homolka, what about Tammy crikey they all but swept her under the carpet, paul and carla murdered here and rarely is anything mentioned about her. I think the entire homolka family is on crack.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I have a 16 year old and I know if he did anything so heinous, I would forget he was ever born. However, I tried to teach my kid right and wrong and all that good stuff.

Would it be MY fault if I was her parents? I think I would start to wonder where I went wrong. Maybe they forgot to say "Be nice to your sister, don't kill and hurt people." Believe it or not, I say such things to my child.

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
Re: RE: Ok Newbie and a new thread

GreenGreta said:
Sweet question.

Her parents, most of all, would know if she was the psycho we think she is. Wouldn't she have been sacrificing puppies and kittens as a child if she was sooo insane? Maybe it was all Paul Bernardo's fault, maybe she is an angel. Ok, no. Nobody was dying until they met. Bernardo was a rapist not a killer until little darling Karly Kurls showed up. If she gets a pardon for these crimes, we have NO justice in Canada.

I wouldn't support her, I would change my name and pretend I never knew her at all. I would have been long gone if I was her mother. I'd like to know how they even sleep knowing one daughter killed the other.

You got it Green. That is a sick girl no matter what Paul's influence was.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Shows you what happens when two like minded people meet up. What are the chances that two people such as this could hook up.

I also wonder who the real killer was? I think it was her. Especially after watching her on video on the fith estate. Paul bernardo was also the scarsbourgh rapist, 28 women I think. He never murdered anyone until he met up with karla.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
RE: Ok Newbie and a new t

It's a very tough call.
The son of a friend of mine got into some very serious trouble(rape),and spent the mandatory two/thirds of his sentence in prison.
He was released,to be on parole for the final third of his sentence.He's not allowed into parks,not allowed to leave the region(without a "pass"),must have mandatory counselling four times a month,must see his parole officer four times a month,must submit to "surprise" drug analysis(he committed his crime under the "influence" of crack cocaine)and is visited regularly and at random by the "high risk asessment" detectives.
The regional police chief publicly identified him(to "warn" the public about his presence),and his victim and her family has (understandably) begun their own poster campaign,and given television interviews,press interviews,etc.
So....the young man has a family,who,appalled at his crime,still love him and support him.The psychiatric reports indicate that the young man will not re-offend...but,if I was their neighbour,I'm not sure that would cut any ice with me.
Then there's the "misinformation" that gets printed...that he's a paedophile...and now you have the neighbours vowing to "hurt" him,to not let their children out of doors,etc.
His own mother turned him in to the police,he pled guilty,he's taken every prison course available,he's holding down a job, and following every parole condition.
Will his life ever be the same? Absolutely not. Will his victim's life ever be the same? Absolutely not.
Who is to say how any of us,as parents,would respond?

SECONDGEN

Electoral Member
Jun 7, 2005
Near the Rockies
Re: RE: Ok Newbie and a new t

annabattler said:
It's a very tough call.
The son of a friend of mine got into some very serious trouble(rape),and spent the mandatory two/thirds of his sentence in prison.
He was released,to be on parole for the final third of his sentence.He's not allowed into parks,not allowed to leave the region(without a "pass"),must have mandatory counselling four times a month,must see his parole officer four times a month,must submit to "surprise" drug analysis(he committed his crime under the "influence" of crack cocaine)and is visited regularly and at random by the "high risk asessment" detectives.
The regional police chief publicly identified him(to "warn" the public about his presence),and his victim and her family has (understandably) begun their own poster campaign,and given television interviews,press interviews,etc.
So....the young man has a family,who,appalled at his crime,still love him and support him.The psychiatric reports indicate that the young man will not re-offend...but,if I was their neighbour,I'm not sure that would cut any ice with me.
Then there's the "misinformation" that gets printed...that he's a paedophile...and now you have the neighbours vowing to "hurt" him,to not let their children out of doors,etc.
His own mother turned him in to the police,he pled guilty,he's taken every prison course available,he's holding down a job, and following every parole condition.
Will his life ever be the same? Absolutely not. Will his victim's life ever be the same? Absolutely not.
Who is to say how any of us,as parents,would respond?

True Enough, until in any situation how can we know what we would do. And I suppose if you were raised in a family where the law was enforced strictly you likely won't be found in such situations. I know growing up for me, crossing any line was NOT accepted. And as an adult, I abide by it.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I am a parent[4 daughters] and no matter what they did,I would never have turned them in to the police. The only time I ever called the cops was to rat out a miserable child abuser-awoman who used a hot iron on her young daughters inner thighs!

9 mili

Jun 10, 2005
unknown
SECONDGEN said:
What would you do if you were Carla Homalkas parents??

Support your child no matter what? Carry on with your life and keep her close?
Support your child no matter what? But go into hiding?
Deny she did anything wrong and it was all Pauls fault and convert her to a nun?
Or toss heSupport your child no matter what? But go into hiding?
r to the lions as a snack?

What a hellish nightmare for her parents.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
missile said:
I am a parent[4 daughters] and no matter what they did,I would never have turned them in to the police.

No matter what they did? Really? Even if one daughter raped and murdered the other, then lied and blamed her husband? You would honestly still support her? You are either a liar or Catholic.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
missile said:
I am a parent[4 daughters] and no matter what they did,I would never have turned them in to the police. The only time I ever called the cops was to rat out a miserable child abuser-awoman who used a hot iron on her young daughters inner thighs!

That statement isn't loyalty that is just irresponsibility. If you children are guilty of a crime, they should be brought to the authorities, the law is the law.

No matter what they did? I mean does that mean murder, rape, other abuse, and fraud? Anything?

So if you think that mentality is okay, then if my kid killed one of your daughters and I kept quiet, that would be okay right? Gotta protect my pedigree! ;)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Ok Newbie and a new t

I would not know what I would do. You can blame Bernardo, but that is the easy way out. You have to wonder what her upbringing was like, she had to know right from wrong. Her own sister was killed, so she had to be sick for a very long time for him to have control over her like that, and her family never saw it. I do not think she is remorseful either. Jails are full of remorseful people and people who find "god".

But then maybe they never knew she was a nut-job as a lot of them are good at hiding it. Maybe it was not her upbringing or genes and she was destined to be a nut case???

I dunno. Basically I would not want to be in her parents position. Its safe to say none of us would. I feel very, very bad for her parents. No one should have to go through what they did.

The crown really screwed that deal up. At the very least, if she is not in jail for life, she should be in a mental institution for life.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Now how about being that poor Natalee Holloway's parents. God, I would be freaking out right now. Besides, what kind of friends does she have, that they would allow her to leave with THREE strange guys? What were they even thinking, she is 18 yrs old? Like where were her "chaperones" (if you can even call them that). How sad and ridiculous that this has happened.