Get Ready Mom.....Burning Man is Entering Your Relm....

galianomama
well, after careful consideration with the 'board members' of burning man north....we have decided we will hold this years spendor in the desert regions of kamloops. so, without further nonsense, we are letting you know, mom, that we will be decending upon your region sometime in mid-august. **** - i just realized pea - help - we can't do this - 'member a couple of years ago, all those houses kinda burnt up to a crisp..... hmmm, this will take more careful consideration on the part of pea (who made the flaky suggestion to start with) and myself (the one-who-realized-it-wouldn't-work )

any suggestions politely received and considered

peapod
pass the buck as usual blame podifer for everything. Blah! we don't need anything burning, just wear that hot pink shirt, its just a good as any old fire.

galianomama
ha! yeah, we could do our own altered version....bright coloured tie-dyed t-shirts, dancing around a pretend fire....that sounds familiar too. about 30 years ago

Twila
You all seen the Wicker Man? I had no idea. I'm surprised nobody listed that movie as a cult favourite

galianomama
no twila...but now i have a burning desire to see it

Twila
You should. It's...disturbing to say the least. It's what inspired the Burning Man festival.....

mrmom2
Burning Man is a bunch of crazed devil worshipers is it not?

Reverend Blair
It celebrates modern privatism, Mr.Mom. Nothing to do with devil wordhipping.

mrmom2
I saw a doc and one of the organisers said it was a Pagan ritual the whole thing was based on

Twila
Quote:

wordhipping.

Is this a new word?

I was told it was a bunch of people getting together to burn a wicker/wood effigy like in the movie the Wicker man.

Definately Pagan. Which is what the people in the movie were and why they burned a man inside a wicker effigy. along with an assortment of barn animals.

mrmom2
I don't know much about it What I have seen the fire works and party look like fun

Twila
Wordhipping:,

the making up of cool words.....

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Wordhipping:,

the making up of cool words.....

I think I'll put that on business cards..."freelance journalism, research, technical writing, and wordhipping."

mrmom2
Wordhipping Rev :P

galianomama
way too kewl....i love it! wordhipping, that's my mantra now....
yeah, well the whole pagan side of the thingee makes it workee....that's why we get so 'wild' around fire - god, never leave a can of gas around....especially men and boys....everyone, i swear everyone, is a closet pyro. at least in my house.

we can still dance around the fire, and act stupid

Twila
Hey, guess what? I may have been wrong about the burning man festival.

What I was thinking about was the wicker man festival. Same idea though.....

www.earthspirit.org/fireheart/fhwkman.html (external - login to view)

mrmom2
Hey Galianomama if you have the party on someones private land you can have your fire

peapod
In port alberni you can burn in your back yard right in town. Coz they got the mars water bombers sitting on the lake there. :P Nothing like the old campfire everynight with some baby duck and a few crazy mamas. Most places no, or you have to have a permit. And not during high fire season.

mrmom2
I have a fire pit in my backyard here and I live right in town.As long as you have food out you can burn I put out a crusty bag of marshmallows and were good to go

peapod
I prefer to roast a crusty clown...by the way where is nickfun bad peapod! bad!

mrmom2
He's on the patio with 3 college girls playing spin the bottle :P

peapod
His grandma is involved to he better watch out for the neo cons they don't like that kind of stuff, especially from grandmas

mrmom2

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by galianomama

we can still dance around the fire, and act stupid

"act stupid"??? - someone from here?..... NAHHHHH!

galianomama
hey tenny - we'll get you to lead the pack.....i know, we could make it to shuswap

i'm sure mrs. tenny and the critters would love to see us 'bode down'.....just watch out for that pea...she is the one ya gotta watch around the fire

NickFun
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I prefer to roast a crusty clown...by the way where is nickfun bad peapod! bad!

This is Peapod's way of saying she has the hots for me. Just name the time and place Pea!

Twila
I believe that Nick is one of the bravest people I have ever not met in person.

peapod
twinks there ain't no such thing as a brave dickhead, didn't your mama teach you anything?? You learn alot in a crib with a live teddy bear

mrmom2
Nick and Pea sitting in a tree ......... :P :P :P :P

peapod
one got slapped upside the head, and it was not pea