Get Ready Mom.....Burning Man is Entering Your Relm....

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
well, after careful consideration with the 'board members' of burning man north....we have decided we will hold this years spendor in the desert regions of kamloops. so, without further nonsense, we are letting you know, mom, that we will be decending upon your region sometime in mid-august. shit - i just realized pea - help - we can't do this - 'member a couple of years ago, all those houses kinda burnt up to a crisp..... 8O hmmm, this will take more careful consideration on the part of pea (who made the flaky suggestion to start with) and myself (the one-who-realized-it-wouldn't-work :twisted: )

any suggestions politely received and considered 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
pass the buck as usual :twisted: blame podifer for everything. Blah! we don't need anything burning, just wear that hot pink shirt, its just a good as any old fire. 8O

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
ha! yeah, we could do our own altered version....bright coloured tie-dyed t-shirts, dancing around a pretend fire....that sounds familiar too. about 30 years ago 8O

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Get Ready Mom.....Bur

You all seen the Wicker Man? I had no idea. I'm surprised nobody listed that movie as a cult favourite

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

You should. It's...disturbing to say the least. It's what inspired the Burning Man festival.....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

wordhipping.

Is this a new word?

I was told it was a bunch of people getting together to burn a wicker/wood effigy like in the movie the Wicker man.

Definately Pagan. Which is what the people in the movie were and why they burned a man inside a wicker effigy. along with an assortment of barn animals.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Wordhipping:,

the making up of cool words.....

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
way too kewl....i love it! wordhipping, that's my mantra now.... 8)
yeah, well the whole pagan side of the thingee makes it workee....that's why we get so 'wild' around fire - god, never leave a can of gas around....especially men and boys....everyone, i swear everyone, is a closet pyro. :twisted: at least in my house. 8O

we can still dance around the fire, and act stupid

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
In port alberni you can burn in your back yard right in town. Coz they got the mars water bombers sitting on the lake there. :p Nothing like the old campfire everynight with some baby duck and a few crazy mamas. Most places no, or you have to have a permit. And not during high fire season.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I have a fire pit in my backyard here and I live right in town.As long as you have food out you can burn 8) I put out a crusty bag of marshmallows and were good to go :D