Off for a few days

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
My last session of checking threads and posting for a little while.

Heading out this weekend for the first session at our new seasonal site at Shuswap Lake, took the 5th wheel out 2 weeks back but no hookups were available at the time. I have now built a sectional 8x12 deck/patio for it, and will be hauling that out and getting ready for the summer.
Also, I have a growl in the fan of my 'puter - so it's headed for the shop in the meantime.

See you maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
It was just an overnighter, but what a wonderful time! (well, except for being "over-served" a tad :wink: ) My wife's "weekends" are Sunday/Monday.

The deck went together like I knew what I was doing or something, the weather was gorgeous (high 20'sC./over 80F.) Another thing I like about having your own site is that when you get up the day you're leaving, there's none of that "leave by 11" bullflop. We stayed until mid-afternoon!
Ah, sitting around a campfire..... I have been waiting for that for a l-o-n-g time!

Last night Bert said she's already looking forward to next weekend - lol.

Another couple of pics soon, once my wife sends them to me from work.

ps - turned out to be a bum fan on the video card; glad I went for the 3-year warranty - N/C.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
yeah, (gloat) that's what pea was saying.....really, i am not trying to laugh, but somehow it sounds kinda funny that you would be in snow!
it is so hot out here it's nuts. hey - but rev i can remember it snowing once in march i think. for a day, and we couldn't believe it. does that help?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
hey tenny - are ya just going to park the beast for the summer and lounge around the shu'? is your wife taking the summer off too?

it looks really nice up there!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Official record for yesterday was 29.9 C., Rev....

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
:lol: Hey Ten how was the lake ?Is it getting busy out there yet?Whats the Temp of the water ?My kids are bugging me to go out there for a swim 8O Cold dosen't seem to bother them :wink:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
mrmom2 said:
:lol: Hey Ten how was the lake ?Is it getting busy out there yet?Whats the Temp of the water ?My kids are bugging me to go out there for a swim 8O Cold dosen't seem to bother them :wink:

Didn't get down to the lake this time; it was more of a "get-set-up" weekend (plus "kill-a-few-brain-cells-at-night" :wink: ).
But I imagine it's still damn cold; the snow is just melting up in the mountains recently. Whatever that big hill is a few miles east of the Vernon turn-off, that I see from my deck, just lost it's last tiny patches of white about Tuesday.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Don't worry Henry....they have internet...and I have a laptop...