Off for a few days

Ten Packs
My last session of checking threads and posting for a little while.

Heading out this weekend for the first session at our new seasonal site at Shuswap Lake, took the 5th wheel out 2 weeks back but no hookups were available at the time. I have now built a sectional 8x12 deck/patio for it, and will be hauling that out and getting ready for the summer.
Also, I have a growl in the fan of my 'puter - so it's headed for the shop in the meantime.

See you maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Reverend Blair
Lucky bugger.

Ten Packs
It was just an overnighter, but what a wonderful time! (well, except for being "over-served" a tad ) My wife's "weekends" are Sunday/Monday.

The deck went together like I knew what I was doing or something, the weather was gorgeous (high 20'sC./over 80F.) Another thing I like about having your own site is that when you get up the day you're leaving, there's none of that "leave by 11" bullflop. We stayed until mid-afternoon!
Ah, sitting around a campfire..... I have been waiting for that for a l-o-n-g time!

Last night Bert said she's already looking forward to next weekend - lol.

Another couple of pics soon, once my wife sends them to me from work.

ps - turned out to be a bum fan on the video card; glad I went for the 3-year warranty - N/C.

Ten Packs
(external - login to view)

galianomama
hey ten packs - looks like your workin' on that tan pretty good!

great set up there, you're going to have a great summer no doubt!

Ten Packs
I've always tanned very easily - a couple days of working in the yard, and I look like I just got back from Hawaii.

Reverend Blair
Oh sure, show me that. It was snowing here today.

galianomama
yeah, (gloat) that's what pea was saying.....really, i am not trying to laugh, but somehow it sounds kinda funny that you would be in snow!
it is so hot out here it's nuts. hey - but rev i can remember it snowing once in march i think. for a day, and we couldn't believe it. does that help?

galianomama
hey tenny - are ya just going to park the beast for the summer and lounge around the shu'? is your wife taking the summer off too?

it looks really nice up there!

Ten Packs
Official record for yesterday was 29.9 C., Rev....

galianomama
careful tenny, those in snow tend to get a might sensitive!

Ten Packs
As long as he's in snow, he saves on bird-shot for the mosquitoes....

mrmom2
Hey Ten how was the lake ?Is it getting busy out there yet?Whats the Temp of the water ?My kids are bugging me to go out there for a swim Cold dosen't seem to bother them

galianomama
Quote:

As long as he's in snow, he saves on bird-shot for the mosquitoes....

ouch...

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Hey Ten how was the lake ?Is it getting busy out there yet?Whats the Temp of the water ?My kids are bugging me to go out there for a swim Cold dosen't seem to bother them

Didn't get down to the lake this time; it was more of a "get-set-up" weekend (plus "kill-a-few-brain-cells-at-night" ).
But I imagine it's still damn cold; the snow is just melting up in the mountains recently. Whatever that big hill is a few miles east of the Vernon turn-off, that I see from my deck, just lost it's last tiny patches of white about Tuesday.

mrmom2
Thats Sun Peaks Ten out where you are at the lake just above you is the snowmobile area Crow Foot

Ten Packs
No, no - I was talking about the hill just east of the turn-off, overlooking Pritchard.

Jay
I thought I would share my vacation plans with you caring folks.

www.cottage-canada-usa.com/listing/1290.htm (external - login to view)

I'm renting it for 2 weeks in July.

Hard-Luck Henry
Could you make it a month, Jay?

Jay
Don't worry Henry....they have internet...and I have a laptop...

Hard-Luck Henry
Oh, good ...

Jay
I'm sorry Henry, but I can't leave you to your own devises.

Derry McKinney
So you plan spending you vacation locked inside doing what you every other day, Jay?

Jay
No, not in the least.

I was just trying to scare poor ol' Henry.

I can't wait to see the how dog reacts to the water. She has webbed feet and the people I got her from said she loves the water…should be a blast.

Derry McKinney
I have a dog that's afraid of water. Most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

Jay
You can get them to get over it though. I saw an episode by Stanly Coren the Dog physiologist, on how to go about doing it.

www.stanleycoren.com/ (external - login to view)

Kinda interesting show, if you like dogs.

Derry McKinney
Then I'd have a wet dog though. You might think water dogs are cool, but I live in a land of stagnant sloughs. You don't want a dog in a hot truck after they've been swimming in that.

Jay
Very true.

"...but I live in a land of stagnant sloughs."

It may be the dog isn't scared as much as it is smart.

Derry McKinney
Trust me, dogs like stinky slough water better than they like clean lake water. This one is afraid of all water though. She won't even drink out anything other than her dish. I'm guessing somebody tried to drown her as a puppy or something.

Jay
"I'm guessing somebody tried to drown her as a puppy or something."

I wouldn't put it past people....