Our Seasonal Site

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I believe I posted several weeks ago that we have a "seasonal" at beautiful Shuswap Lake in the BC interior, about an hour from here. We went out to drop our unit off last weekend, and I'm in the process of building a "patio-deck" for it now. (you'll notice sticks and string along the side, outlining the deminsions.)

These are all thumb-nails; click to expand.

DW near trailer (she didnt know she was in it -
hates having her picture taken)

The "View"

I guess my wife got me back - I just noticed me in the upper right pic - showing off one of my finest features! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps: centre-right pics shows the "trusty Steed" to the right, in the trees. Over 25 years old, and still going strong. Chevies ROCK!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Your links aren't working, Ten Packs. Rather, your links work, but there are no pictures there.

What are you building your patio deck out of? I helped a friend build one for his cottage in 4x8 sections so he could store them in the winter. That way the don't float away in the spring. Just 2x6 PTG. It was a beautiful project involving many beer.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Nice trailer Ten 8) I've got a couple of friends that have lease lots out there for years and i have not heard one complaint yet :) You and the better half are going to have a great summer :wink:
Chevys are the best I just bought the wife a new cav a couple of months ago and we love it :D

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Our Seasonal Site

Reverend Blair said:
Your links aren't working, Ten Packs. Rather, your links work, but there are no pictures there.

What are you building your patio deck out of? I helped a friend build one for his cottage in 4x8 sections so he could store them in the winter. That way the don't float away in the spring. Just 2x6 PTG. It was a beautiful project involving many beer.

I see what you mean - odd, they work on four other forums I am in - ? But you can see the little ones, right?

I got a GREAT SCORE on material, Rev - my neighbour works for an outfit that makes flat-deck trailers. It's PLYWOOD STRIPS, same width as 2x6 - but 1 1/4" THICK! Plus its coated on the two broad sides, and embossed with thousands of little "hash-marks" on the top-side (non-skid). He brought me the 40 eight-foot strips, equivalent of four sheets. He says its worth over 200 bucks a sheet (and I believe it; I've never SEEN plywood this thick) - I got it all for 55 bucks.

Two coats of Deck-paint, on all sides and ends, and this sucker will out-live ME!

And yes, I am building 4'x8' sections, for the same reason.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I've seen that kind of plywood at a pre-fab home place. There was a truckload of it being unloaded. I never really knew what it was until now. I don't know how much they paid, but at the prices you quote maybe I should have hijacked the truck. Those prices don't seem out of line though...the last sheet of 3/4" good one side I bought cost $60 and that's about the most common plywood on the planet.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Must be a squeakless thing. That would explain the extra 3/8". Glued and screwed it would be almost impossible to make it squeak. It would also explain why they use it in mobile homes and prefabs...it would travel well.