String theory

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Just wanted to let science fans know that on Monday April 13, on the current Dr. Brian Greene will be giving anna maria a full interview on this topic.

Also coming up is another story that I will definately listen to, called the “Green Nuns” … catholic sisters who are turning their convents into ecology centres – complete with organic gardens out back. Now thats interests me. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy
condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness
[experiencing itself subjectively], there is no such thing death, life is
only a dream, and we are just an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with
the weather"

Tool Lyrics.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
ha.....that's hilarious! what is the string theory? i know, i am just a stupid ol' islander here, sniff, but hey - share the wealth. 'string theory'. is that so we can learn about how to make chinese .......wingnuts. dammit, what were those called in school...you know, where you take the rubber bands and put them together and have the 'skip' over them. chinese skipping? help me here.....

anyways, i do want to listen to the organic gardening, that sounds interesting all right. i wonder if they have one here on the island. there are tons of nuns running around...... 8O

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
that all matter is merely energy
condensed into a slow vibration

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think only fred can help you with the string theory. We better stick to yoyo's :p Yes the green nuns sounds really good, we will both have to listen. And if some nuns have a organic convent happening on the island...we must pay it a visit 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
i'm sure if we go out 'exploring' some evening, we will probably come across one or two. how about st. ann's - nah, maybe too open. besides, that guy, is he still living on the grounds, or did they finally give him the boot?

upisland is probably better for green nuns. i think the cowichan valley area would be a good start. whaddya think? :twisted:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
peapod said:
And your point would be what exactly???

I don't understand why that post upsets you.....

It isn't an exact post; it was a thought that came to me when I read your post.

Something tells me someone else out there in ether land will appreciate the post. Maybe a Tool fan perhaps....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm sorry Galianomama, I was talking to Pea.

She seemed to have a problem with it.

Yes humour always counts.... :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jay your post neither upset me bothered me, I simply wanted to know what you met by it. Truly Jay you concern yourself to much with my feelings. And if I was that thin skinned, I would have left here a long time ago. :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
My fault then....I suppose the word exactly and the ? to the power of three made me think you were some how insulted or something.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I should be clearer. The show is called The Current it starts on CBC Radio One right after the 8:30 news. There'll be a man's voice that says something amusing, then Anna Maria Tremonte will start talking. She usually has more than one guest, so you might have to sit through something else, but it's all interesting.

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
that all matter is merely energy
condensed into a slow vibration

It's a theory that has some merit. Apparently the absolute smallest particle of matter is a loop of energy, and how that energy vibrates determines what kind of matter it is.

I'll be listening but I don't think there's enough time to really get into the topic on that show.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You would probably have a better experience downloading a documentary from the internet on the subject.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Sound like a high school science exhibit, one you can eat afterwards.