Now we know it's spring time

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
My friend just called. He drove through a puddle and knocked his muffler off. He's coming over so we can put it back on.

It has to spring! :D

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You would never know it in the mountains right now Ten .I've been up there the last three weekends in a row and its been cold and snowing on us every time :wink:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Oh, I bet. I know the owner of The Thompson Hotel and Lac Le Juene resort - he lives up there. They get a month more winter on each end. Yuck.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Now we know it's spri

The muffler is back on. It was lucky that I had the exhaust off a defunct MGB in the rafters of the garage...we needed a chunk of pipe.

While we were fixing it, the new neighbour's dog jumped the fence, ran through a knee-deep puddle in the ditch, then came to introduce herself. There is nothing like ice-cold muddy paws on your belly while you're laying under a car to re-affirm the fact that it is springtime.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Certainly am...haven't you seen the party time thread. We arrive in Vancouver on Saturday and will be on Vancouver Island, probably, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday. We don't come back to the dull, dismal UK until the 23rd!! Hoorah!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Welcome to Canada.

It’s a big place to clean up, but we will try to have it looking respectable for your arrival.

Safe trip.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I know spring has definately sprung, because on sunday I made a rodo angel, the first sign of spring for me, kind of like a groundhog. I took hammie to a secret rhododerdron garden I know. Oh boy what a maze, and they are some rare ones, They are very old, like an ancient forest. These are not shrubs, they are trees 8O All in bloom. We approached the sign of "spring" rhododerndron, its the one where all the flowers have fallen to the ground. Its a huge circular bed, 3 inches deep of huge purple flowers. This is when you get lay down in a bed of rhodo blooms and make an angel. :p (who needs snow) You know laying under a rhododerndron tree gives a different prespective :lol: :lol: :wink:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
There's a old victorian park near me, P., that was once landscaped, but is now completely overgrown. In the middle of it is a huge mass of Rhodedendron bushes. I'm sure at one time they were a well manicured centrepiece to the park, but they're now wild: I spent hours climbing around in them as a kid, playing hide and seek etc. We used to make beds high up in the twisted branches. :p

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Better bring your rain gear Emma theres a big front set to blow over southern BC this weekend !They say it will be warm though :wink: