have girls changed??

choppie

Nominee Member
Mar 24, 2005
Have any of you noticed that today's young girls have been becoming more slutty :eek: ..... and are trying to get boys to notice them in all the wrong ways????
Men seem to be putting more clothes on and women are taking them off....... :roll:

what is goin on?!

CrEsPo

Nominee Member
Jan 27, 2005
Canada
www.inter.it
I'm a 17 year old male and I hate. Everywhere you walk you see these slutty looking girls. It's disgusting! If I were a female I would be embarrassed to be one.

Dave Chappelle said it the best in his first standup. The act were he was in the club and the girl yelled at him for taking what she wears the wrong way. He then said something about wearing a police uniform in the street and saying something like "Just because I were the uniform doesn't mean I'm an officer". That was hilarious and so true! If you don't act that way don't dress like it!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Just watched Chappelle do that on the Comedy Network this morning.Deja Vu! Some men don't realize that the way most girls dress is only a tease and generated by peer pressure and the fashion industry. It's hard to tell the hookers from ordinary schoolgirls!

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Have you also seen the commercials geard towards girls 6-12 it is rather sickening! The toys make me want to Retch. Next time you're at a toy store just humor yourself to look at the Bratz or My Scene collection and tell me what you see. I would let my daughter buy that all right! But it would be so she could practice shooting them with a pellet gun.

The clothes are no better, there's a term called "prostatots" for a reason and they're multiplying. It's easier to worship money and status, and that's what these girls are encouraged to do starting from a very young and impressionable age. When these 6-12 girls reach adulthood they will face the reality of life and we'll be seeing a rash of suicides from those that can't accept it.

CrEsPo

Nominee Member
Jan 27, 2005
Canada
www.inter.it
Jo Canadian: What you said about those dolls reminds me of a South Park episode. The one with Paris Hilton who converts the whole town into thinking that being a whore is cool. All the girls want to be whores and have parties with the boys.

Isn't it interesting that TV shows are making fun of how we are living the world, but yet we still do it.

missile: I heard Chappelle has a new standup out. I have to watch that still. I'll probably go to the stores and see when they'll be getting in the DVD. The Killing Them Softly DVD was awesome.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Parents just aren't doing there jobs. They dont have to buy those cloaths for their kids. If no one bought them, they wouldn't make them.
Having said that, advertising shares some of the blame. We live in a world driving by money, and corporations will sell out our kids just to make some quick cash. Rap music, the most corporate music there is, calls women bitches and whoes. I've heard 13 year old boys calling girls that and little girls dont know what it really means.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
These companies also have the assistance of peer pressure in regards to their products geared towards kids. They know the code of the schoolground and that the fear of ostracisation* will make kids want what the other has, that's where the advertising is to blame.

*pardon the spelling

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I saw a lot of this stuff when I was working at the photo studio. We actually had a stylist who refused to put kids in some of the clothing one day. She just said, "uh, uh."

The dolls were the worst though. Barbie, Bratz...all of those. We used to call the Bratz doll-houses whore houses when we were setting them up.

It's so pervasive that I'm not convinced that parents can always say no. It's every toy and every piece of stylish clothing. It's in the teeny-bopper music. It's in all the ads.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Take it easy.... the kids are allright. Rap music and Barbies are not going to make little girls into prostitutes. I don't see that the situation with the older kids is as bad as you make it out to be. My daughter is only nine, so maybe we haven't got to that stage yet. I'm not going to flip out if she wants to wear a 'belly-top' in a few years, but I will put my foot down if she wants to dress inappropriately. It's up to other parents to do the same.

I think every generation asks "what's up with the kids today?". Relax.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
But this is the first generation where kids dress sexually at the age of 9. Other generations, it was teenagergs. A friends little girl who is 7 has brats dolls. Her favourite one wears a mini skirt that doesn't go down past her crotch. She likes the cloaths. She's 7. THere are lines that shouldn't be crossed. And pree teens shouldn't be concerned with image.

JorCON5

Dec 14, 2004
St Catharines ON
What ever happened to kids just being kids? If you go to any mall you can find stores for young girls (La senza girls or something) and find shirts like "getting lucky in kentucky" and other sexual innuendoes. This stuff is for 8 year olds!!! Kids shouldn't be worried about what they wear. They should be out having fun.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I could scream every time I see paris hilton!!!!! I am sorry but what a useless piece of shit.!!! Its like watching a fellini movie, it is bordering on the grotesque. The worst part is the taco bell dog. Its a world where no talent, no skills, no creativity mean anything. Bah! get rid of the televisions, and go fishing.

JorCON5

Dec 14, 2004
St Catharines ON
You are the man Pea!!! Paris Hilton stands for everything wrong in this world. The funny thing is, is that I've talked to women who claim "she is so pretty"...."I wish I was like her"...etc.

THIS IS A NOTICE TO ALL WOMEN. ANY SELF RESPECTING MAN WITH A BRAIN THINKS PARIS HILTON IS AN ANOREXIC IDIOT WHO SHOULD BE LOCKED UP IN A DUNGEON. DON'T WORRY ABOUT DUMB GIRLS ON TV!!!! JUST BE YOURSELF!! IT IS FAR MORE ATTRACTIVE THEN BEING AN INAUTHENTIC WHORE.

TV SUCKS ANYWAY...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I am not a man joncor :lol: :lol: :lol: but is hilton all to blame? She can have sex all over the internet, and what does it get her, more fame and a 4 million dollar perfume contract. There is no shame anymore in anything.

The Sad thing is as life progresses these people usually have miserable lives, its all based on commerce and 15 minutes of fame. To me she is the mascot of everything that is hollow and shallow in this world.

JorCON5

Dec 14, 2004
St Catharines ON
I partially blame American culture. If you are famous and your career starts going in the crapper you just do something stupid (sex videos, jail time, fake marriage). Like Martha Stewart, She is more rich now then ever since her jail time. What a joke!!!

PS When I said "Paris Hilton stands for everything wrong in this world" I meant that she is a symbol for all the rich money grubbing idiots out there who exploit people. She didn't have to work a day in her life. That is the problem (one of them) with society, people who have too much money and are worshipped for it. It isn't based on merit, it is based on birth. Like an Aristocracy. Just because she is rich she can have a stupid show that subjects our youth to nonsense. During which she tells girls in order to be successful in life you have to be an idiot tramp who has no skills but gets by because she is rich and pretty.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
My daughter is 13. She's is given a fair amount of free rein on choosing her tv shows, music she want to listen too and clothes she wears.

She does not choose "slutty" clothes, or reality tv shows. My guess as to why is because I don't dress that way nor do I watch those shows. Her choice of music is Blink 182, Offspring, Green day. the stuff I listen too. And we talk alot about everything.

I believe it doesn't have so much to do with what's on the tv but what's being said in the house.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
In a way doesn't every generation think the next is diferent? What was said in the 60's when mini skirts were in fashion?

I guess the culture of society has changed, large part to television, magazines that glamourize less is best.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
That true important, it always cracked us up as teenagers when the "older generation" would lament the end of the world because of what we were wearing :wink: