Sunday, April 3

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
You were just pushing for my usual rant, weren't you? okay, here goes.

Why the heck do we change the clocks. It doesn't save an hour of daylight, all it does is confuse people. The length of days is determined by the earth's position in relation to the sun, not by the clock in your kitchen. The whole thing is a wasteful hoax.

Traffic accidents go up, productivity goes down. Cows get masititis, people show up for work at the wrong time and get in trouble.

Everybody should just do like Saskatchewan and keep all the clocks the same all of the time. Ten provinces and only one can figure it one. Sheesh.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Yup...if you don't milk them at close to the same time every day, cows get mastitis.

You can just stay up later, Ten Packs. Honest...it really isn't that hard.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
You're going to have to explain, Rev., please. I've always had some personal objections to this (it seemed to me) somewhat arbitrary system of changing the clocks twice a year, but always assumed it must have served some utilitarian purpose? Is it just historical, but we can't agree that it's now outmoded and unnecessary? F*ck ... it's beyond me, and I live in GMT land. what if next year, we tell whoever decides on this stuff to "fuck off, and retire earlier to bed, you moron?"

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Daylight saving has already started here! We really must save that light...don't want to waste it! LOL

It is a real farce- just stop it now!! Does it make a difference to anyone or do we just do it because we always have?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I think that somebody might have thought it made a real difference...maybe before the invention of electric light, or the discovery that earth is round. Ten Packs might remember back that far. ;-)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Ricky, the reason you guys have changed your clocks already is because your in the future.........

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
Re: RE: Sunday, April 3

Reverend Blair said:

Why the heck do we change the clocks. It doesn't save an hour of daylight, all it does is confuse people. The length of days is determined by the earth's position in relation to the sun, not by the clock in your kitchen. The whole thing is a wasteful hoax.

Traffic accidents go up, productivity goes down. Cows get masititis, people show up for work at the wrong time and get in trouble.

Everybody should just do like Saskatchewan and keep all the clocks the same all of the time. Ten provinces and only one can figure it one. Sheesh.

Hey, right on Rev! Would you have believed it? We agree on something! Just pick the time you want and leave it there.

Actually the person to come up with the idea was Ben Franklin, and he calculated the savings to the fledgling nation in unburned candles. I think his idea was just moving ahead one hour, not back and forth every year. In any event, it wasn't implemented till much later.

Walrus

Nominee Member
Mar 20, 2005
Victoria

Reverend Blair said:

I couldn't agree with you more - except that cows don't get mastitius as a result - why? Because most farmers recognized years ago that the cows don't live by the time change and since mastitus was an early result of the time change, the farmers kept to the same routine :)

It is a fairly radical suggestion that everyone follows Saskatchewan for a change - or lack of. :lol:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Reverend Blair said:
I think that somebody might have thought it made a real difference...maybe before the invention of electric light, or the discovery that earth is round. Ten Packs might remember back that far. ;-)

May you find a mouse in your next bottle of Red River, Rev.... ;)

Walrus

Nominee Member
Mar 20, 2005
Victoria

Ten Packs said:
Reverend Blair said:

May you find a mouse in your next bottle of Red River, Rev.... ;)

That's worth an extra case isn't it Ten Pack :wink: