Welcome back LadyC

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Thanks, Rick. I'm doing pretty well. My son and I just got back from Calgary where he competed in a gymnastics competition. He got a bronze on Vault, 3 5th place ribbons and a 7th for a 7th All-Around. He was quite pleased, but the highlight of the trip had to be meeting Kyle Shewfelt who won the Gold Medal on Floor in the Olympics in Athens. The boys got several autographs and pictures...... and even got to hold the medal. :D They were pretty excited, and you couldn't ask for a better role model and ambassador for your sport than Kyle.

Baseball season starts pretty quick. I coach my daughter 8O but get to be just a spectator for my son. My own ball season doesn't start till June.

The kids get a 2 week spring break this year, so we're trying to keep as busy as possible.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
:) wow you do have some sporty kids! For how long has your son been practising gymnastics, considering his good achievements? I can imagine it's great for your son to meet his sportshero. A gold medal is pretty awsome!

You said by the way that you try to keep your kids busy, but it seems they are keeping YOU busy as well :wink:

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
You're right... sadly, my social life consists of taking my kids to their activities.

My son started gymnastics on his 4th birthday (he turned 11 in January) and he loves it. Good thing, as he spends 12 hours a week at the gym. My daughter is also in gymnastics, but in an advanced recreational program called gymnaestrada, which combines gymnastics and dance routines. They mostly do performances rather than competitions. She trains 4 hours a week.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Hey pea.... good morning to you!

I'll be in Nanaimo next weekend for provincials.... we get to go on the big boat. Can you believe that my kids went on their first ferry ride only last spring? And I live so close...............

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Re: RE: Welcome back LadyC

LadyC said:
You're right... sadly, my social life consists of taking my kids to their activities.

My son started gymnastics on his 4th birthday (he turned 11 in January) and he loves it. Good thing, as he spends 12 hours a week at the gym. My daughter is also in gymnastics, but in an advanced recreational program called gymnaestrada, which combines gymnastics and dance routines. They mostly do performances rather than competitions. She trains 4 hours a week.
8O wow! Just 11 and already doing gymnastics since he was 4 ... 12 hours a week! That's quite something :) Do inform us when your son is competing in the Olympics in a couple of years! :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hehehehe..thats funny ladyc, I will be in nanaimo next weekend to 8O but I will be fishing with my buds, maybe we can get together for dinner...I will be the one with the two good looking men :p both single to :lol: :lol: :lol: I can vouch for them......I am a matchmaker you know....Part time. :wink: