Hey Peapod!

peapod
And how do you feel about the king's biscuit big H. Well I must go now big H. Saturday, worlds out there to conquer big H. By the way big H, what did the biscuit say when it got ran over ....
oh crumbs!!!!
Ciao baby :P

Hard-Luck Henry
Yes, very droll, pea.

I saw two biscuits yesterday,
They passed by me, then rolled away,
They headed off to Lovers' Leap,
And peered down the cliff, so sheer, so steep.
They stood hand in hand, contemplating the sea,
Then threw themselves into my cup of tea.

Yum. :P

peapod
www.rathergood.com/biscuits/ (external - login to view)

Hard-Luck Henry
"The call came late one afternoon. I remember it because I had just been trying to invent a new biscuit. Ever try that? Ever wonder why there isn't a wider variety of biscuits available? Just try inventing one and you'll have your answer. Biscuits basically fall into two catergories; plain and sandwich. Okay, you get some coated with chocolate, or sprinkled with sugar, or with bits in, but basically there are two types. The problem for inventors is that as soon as you take it out of two dimensions and buid it up, it becomes a cake. Biscuit designers have wrestled with this for years but it just won't go away. Which is pretty depressing. There are still a few lone biscuit inventors, like myself, who strive for the elusive third way, but we're pretty much dismissed as crackpots."

(From "Flight From Deathrow" by Harry Hill).

Later.

peapod
KILLER BISCUIT WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER

(actual AP wire headline)
Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws, and while there, went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries.

Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up, eyes closed, and both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda’s eyes were now open and she looked very strange.

He asked her if she was okay, and she replied that she had been shot in the back of the head and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that she had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.

A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She had initially passed out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour until someone noticed and came to her aid.

Hard-Luck Henry

peapod
Have you heard the adventure stories of sourdough Jim's son. slim biscuit bigH. :P

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Have you heard the adventure stories of sourdough Jim's son. slim biscuit bigH. :P

Well now, I can't say I've had that pleasure, P.

peapod
Well guess I will have to dig some up for you, eh! biscuit. :P

Rick van Opbergen
I read the story about the women and her brains, oh my god, now THAT is funny!

Hard-Luck Henry
:P 'Ow do, lass?

peapod
:lol I still do not believe it ricky :P It sounds plausible, but I find it hard to believe :P

Rick van Opbergen

:lol I still do not believe it ricky :P It sounds plausible, but I find it hard to believe :P

Of couse this is true! This is just so insane, it simply can't be made up

Hard-Luck Henry
Of course it's true. Hey P., don't go away, I've got a pm for you, but it's a long one. To minutes.

galianomama
yeah, i'm with ricky on this one pea, it's way too far out there not to be real. and i can kinda imagine it happening too

man, that would be one for beer night, eh?

Hard-Luck Henry
Truly, mama - that breaks new ground in stupidity. I don't know what this person was worried about; being shot through the brain would hardly affect them.

mrmom2
Look out Peapod Mrmom is coming to the Island this sunday I'm goin to slay as many fish ,crabs and prawns I can get my hands on :P I'm going to Cambell river for the shutdown at Elk Falls,Is there a Starbucks there?Hows the fishing up there right now?and whats the weather going to be like?

peapod
Where the hell is little Ricky? Guess I gotta get colman to go hunt him down again

Mom, what your trade???? hehehehehhe I am betting mommy we might know some of the same people
To bad your going north and not south mom, you could have met up the wotthehell gang Yes there is a starbucks in campbell river, in fact campbell river has grown alot. As for fishing well I heard through the grapevine that it not that great yet, my brother did catch a 25 pound chinook last week around hornby island. Most people fish the lighthouse or the hump or willowpoint, you don't have to go out far. Although I do not believe my brother, I think he bought that fish, coz I know he will not come in until he has something, he probally bought that fish at the fishmongers and hide it on his boat. Dumb ***! always has been mom, always will be :P

mrmom2
I'm a water blaster big P bet you don't know any of them :P We are the toxic avengers of the pulp mills My boss said he would have his boat and another there ready to go for guys that wanted to use them so what the hell I don't get to fish for sams as much as I used too Ahhhhh the smell of the sea I miss it terribly being land locked and all By the way did your candidate win last night/

Hard-Luck Henry

As for fishing well I heard through the grapevine that it not that great yet, my brother did catch a 25 pound chinook last week around hornby island. Although I do not believe my brother, I think he bought that fish, coz I know he will not come in until he has something, he probally bought that fish at the fishmongers and hide it on his boat. Dumb ***! always has been mom, always will be :P

Duly noted, pea.

*Henry thinks, mischievously - 'Hmm, cut and saved, la-de-da ... that's got to be worth a good noggie, at least. I'll see what price I can extract from the potential victim first, though, me hearties'*

peapod
I'm lilpea now mom, the big is bigH now :P A water blaster!!! come on you call that a job mom where do you work? on the front lawn Just kiddin mom That sounds like it will be a blast for you mom, two boats loads of and a cooler full of beer. Hey mom what ever became of what happened to the investigation into that mill shut down in trail, where those men died.??

BigH I know you would never buy a fish and pretend you caught it, its not your style bigh.

mrmom2
If you mean the smelter there i'm not sure but I will find out for .The company I work for has the contract there so It shouldn't be to hard Last Wednesday a guy working in the Kitimat mill cleaning a line with a 20,000 psi line had it pop out and hit him in the neck Killed him instantly and I heard his son was standing right there working with him This job is not for the faint at heart but it pays well and I groove on the danger part Always been a bit of an adrenalin junkie

peapod
Sorry mom..dozed off on my watch..don't tell the captain....I figured as much mom, member I rode with ya in the posse. Danger is your callin mom, you be the man mom, you be the man

Hard-Luck Henry
Russell Edson - A Historical Breakfast

"A man is bringing a cup of coffee to his face,
tilting it to his mouth. It's historical, he thinks.
He scratches his head: another historical event.
He really ought to rest, he's making an awful lot of
history this morning.
Oh my, now he's buttering toast, another piece of
history is being made.
He wonders why it should have fallen on him to be
so historical. Others probably just don't have it,
he thinks, it is, after all, a talent.
He thinks one of his shoelaces needs tying. Oh well,
another important historical event is about to take
place. He just can't help it. Perhaps he's taking up
too large an area of history? But he has to live, hasn't
he? Toast needs buttering and he can't go around with
one of his shoelaces needing to be tied, can he?
Certainly it's true, when the 20th century gets written
in full it will be mainly about him. That's the way the
cookie crumbles--ah, there's a phrase that'll be quoted
for centuries to come.
Self-conscious? A little; how can one help it with all
those yet-to-be-born eyes of the future watching him?
Uh oh, he feels another historical event coming . . .
Ah, there it is, a cup of coffee approaching his face at
the end of his arm. If only they could catch it on film,
how much it would mean to the future. Oops, spilled it all
over his lap. One of those historical accidents that will
influence the next thousand years; unpredictable, and
really rather uncomfortable . . . But history is never easy,
he thinks . . ."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I'm having porridge and a 'nana. :P

peapod
Awesome bigH
What the world needs is more bigH's and vanni's of course and moms, *who else is here* ..better quit while I am ahead..My nanny always had "pets" guess its in the genes :P

Hard-Luck Henry
Hey, peapod, I think this is about your jesters:

"Some of our Sots pretend tippling of this boiled Soot cures
them of being Drunk; but we have reason rather to conclude it
makes them so, because we find them not able to stand after it:
"Tis at best but a kind of Earthing a Fox to hunt him more eagerly
afterward: A rare method of good-husbandry, to enable a
man to be drunk three times a day! Just such a Remedy for
Drunkenness, as the Popes allowing of Stews, is a means to prevent Fornication: The Coffee-house being in truth, only a Pimp to the Tavern, a relishing soop preparative to a fresh debauch:
For when people have swill'd themselves with a morning
draught of more Ale than a Brewers horse can carry, hither
they come for a pennyworth of Settle-brain, where they are
sure to meet enow lazy pragmatical Companions, that resort
here to prattle of News, that they neither understand, nor are
concerned in; and after an hours impertinent Chat, begin to
consider a Bottle of Claret would do excellent well before
Dinner; wherupon to the Bush they all march together, till every
one of them is as Drunk as a Drum, and then back again to the
Coffe-house to drink themselves sober; where three or four
dishes a piece, and smoaking, makes their throats as dry as
Mount Ætna enflam'd with Brimstone; so that they must away
to the next Red Lattice to quench them with a dozen or two of
Ale; which at last growing nauseous, one of them begins to extol the blood of the Grape, what rare Langoon, and Racy Canary may be had at the Miter: Saist thou so? cries another, Let's then go and replenish there, with our Earthen Vessels; So once more they troop to the Sack-shop till they are drunker than before; and then by a retrograde motion, stagger back to Soberize themselves with Coffee; Thus like Tennis Balls between two Rackets, the Fopps our Husbands are bandied to and fro all day between the Coffee-house and Tavern, whilst we poor Souls sit mopeing all alone till Twelve at night, and when at last they come to bed smoakt like a
Westphalia Hogs-head we have no more comfort of them, than from a shotten Herring or a dryed Bulrush."

Excerpt from The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674 (external - login to view)

peapod
vey vey good bigh

Hard-Luck Henry
Hey, peapod, next time you're down the thrift store, can you pick me up some of these dapper caribou antler shades? I found them on The British Museum's website. Are they cool, or what?

[img][/img]

peapod
I got an extra pair, I will send you a pair.

my neighbourhood....myyyyyyyy neighbourhood

sj007
heyz pea i got another mission find my lost threads XD