WE GOT A SEASONAL!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Just got back from Magna Bay, on the beautiful north shore of Shuswap Lake. We have paid for a seasonal site at the RV park there. A nice 30x40 site, on the END of the row - a large grassy area for a couple hundred feet to look out on. It's also shaded at the west side by three tall cedar trees at the edge. $1350 per season (about $1075 US). 30 amp, and water - no sewer, but they come over with a "honey-wagon" whenever you need it.

Has a convenience store and liquor outlet on site, plus selling propane. Across the public road, the resort has about 200 feet of beach access, with a grassy common area and boat dock. Just a couple-hundred yard walk from our site.

This pic will give you an idea of the area; Magna Bay is about 6 or 8 miles left (east) of the small island shown.

We will now be able to run out there in the car (about an hours drive), so should get lots more use out of the 5th wheel. Momma is VERY happy about not having to do near so much packing-and-unpacking, too!

And tonight I had this little idea creep into my mind :idea: that, instead of saving up for a nice near-new truck - maybe I should learn something about BOATS!

*** Shhhh! :wink:

I haven't said anything to "Momma" yet.... LOL!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Hmmm...a boat. Those are excellent conveyances for drinking the odd beer in. Are you allowed to have a boat on a trailer behind your trailer in BC? I know you can in Saskatchewan, but I don't know about any other provinces.

It sounds like a dandy site, Ten Packs. The poor bugger who has to drag the honey wagon around might think differently though. ;-)

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: WE GOT A SEASONAL!

Reverend Blair said:
The poor bugger who has to drag the honey wagon around might think differently though. ;-)

The "poor bugger" who does that was showing me the 2004 Ford F350 dually, with a Triton V-10, that he owns - it's his park and store! And I doubt he has a clue what the age of 40 is like yet.
I think he is okay with his life.... ;)

ps: and no, triples are not allowed in BC - the cops near the Alberta border keep a sharp eye out for them - happens rather regularly, I understand.
When you consider some of our roads, it's understandable.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Long weekend in May sound okay? BYOB - and be forewarned - I will pay for Rev to come out, to be the "Bouncer" - from what I know of him, he's not afraid to GET or GIVE a little "nose-adjustment", when it's warranted.

I'm too old and arthritic for that crap anymore. (Though I can swing a mean cane... ;))

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: WE GOT A SEASONAL!

merryclaire said:
ten packs
i love your little kitty picture under your signature!
that is so cute!!!

One of the folks here did that up for me - still trying to remember who. (I'm so embarrassed!)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The "poor bugger" who does that was showing me the 2004 Ford F350 dually, with a Triton V-10, that he owns - it's his park and store!

Hmmm...usually that's the first job to get farmed out. Understandably too.

ps: and no, triples are not allowed in BC - the cops near the Alberta border keep a sharp eye out for them - happens rather regularly, I understand.
When you consider some of our roads, it's understandable.

I kind of thought that might be the case. Not a lot of sharp corners or steep grades in Saskatchewan.

I will pay for Rev to come out, to be the "Bouncer" - from what I know of him, he's not afraid to GET or GIVE a little "nose-adjustment", when it's warranted.

I'm too old and arthritic for that crap anymore. (Though I can swing a mean cane...

Don't bet on me being much more agile than you, Ten Packs. My mis-spent youth seems to have caught up with me. Some days it seems to have zoomed right by so it it can point and laugh.

Hmmm...maybe I should get a cane. :idea: