prized possessions

Girl82

Feb 23, 2005
Vancouver Island
There is nothing I COULDN'T live without other than food, water, air ..etc. But my prized posession would be my deliciously warm bed duvet, pillows and a certain pair of PJ's.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
what couldnt you live without?

Chicken Madras. I"m eating it right now. I'd die without it. I swear. I'd curl up into a fetal position and just die. and cry. Yep I'd cry. And probably beg. So I'd lie, cry and beg just for this one delicious dish

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
CURRY!!!!! I love curry twila...I could eat it for breakfast...and I have to have chapata bread with it...

Well I could not live without my friends and family....and ehm vegies and dip :p

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
COULD eat it for breakfast? I DO eat it for breakfast.

Curry is like the japanese tea ceramony for me. It takes some prep. And then it fills the house with that delicious smell and then when you can't stand it anymore and your shirt is soaked from drooling it's time to eat. The taste (if made right) is like a hug from your momma. Well, my momma anyway. I've never hugged your momma.

So then you go outside and enjoy an after dinner smoke. Come back in and the house still smells good. And it does for 2 days! Just when the smell has faded away it's time for CURRY night again. Plus I have to make enough for leftovers. Nothing like Curry for lunch too!

Roast beef is the same. Although the smell doesn't stick around as long. I add chili's to the gravy that way it doesn't get "cold".

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
The scent of the gods :p I love the smell of it...I heard that in henry's country they put it on chips...that sounded so so good I am going to try it...real chips tho...not those chopped and formed ones...

ehm...like I said I could not live without a java house..the hub bub of the neighbourhood...where all is revealed :p

I also could not live without pasta.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
"Health, contentment and trust are your greatest possessions." (From the Dharmmapanda)

8O Damn, wrong thread. In that case I love my bed, my mountain bike, my new waterproofs, my portable mp3 player, my bongos, my tatty old Che T-shirt. Everything, really. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

(If truth be told, my favourite things are a map and a compass :wink: )

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Since we seem to looking at stuff...my 1956 Allis Chalmers walking tractor. It's got belts and pulleys and a grease nipple every few inches and every single time I go to use it, it breaks at least twice.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Chicken Madras.

hey twila - out with it girl!!! where's the recipe?????

what could i not live without, is that right? i like henry's answers to this one. i dunno, i couldn't live without my greenhouse i think. and my cat. oh yeah, my kids and husband, blah blah all that stuff. ... must remain a good mother/wife/daughter/all that shit/ at all times..... you never know who is reading.... :twisted:

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
galianomama said:
Chicken Madras.

hey twila - out with it girl!!! where's the recipe?????

what could i not live without, is that right? i like henry's answers to this one. i dunno, i couldn't live without my greenhouse i think. and my cat. oh yeah, my kids and husband, blah blah all that stuff. ... must remain a good mother/wife/daughter/all that shit/ at all times..... you never know who is reading.... :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bored at motherhood galianomama?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Coffee,smokes,and music..can't live without them! My prized possessions are few,I'd want to keep the few things I have that belonged to my late wife tho[a rosary and a few photos] and my autographed copy of A Boy And his Dog by Harlan Ellison.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
One of my prized possessions is also a picture, I had it blown up and framed after he took his life. He was my dearest friend, every time I look at it, I think about an adventure from long days passed we had.