A lot of you are gonna HATE this...

Ten Packs
Nice sunny day, so on the way back from town we stopped at a car lot to "kick tires" on a few pick-up trucks. As I was walking along, something flew up in front of my face and then landed on the cab of a truck next to me. I looked at it and

are you ready for this?

you sure?

It was.....

a honey-bee! On February 28!

I know, I know - those bloody bragging BC'ers again!

Reverend Blair
Oh yeah....well...it didn't snow here today. So there!

peapod
I saw three honeybees on February 27th, in my place, they just flew in for a visit :P

galianomama
i haven't had a chance to go outside and check....but has anyone seen any lady bugs yet.. i am sure they are around

peapod
to early

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

Nice sunny day, so on the way back from town we stopped at a car lot to "kick tires" on a few pick-up trucks.

In Britain the winter doesn't officially end until July. Then the next one begins in August.

btw Can any of the more mechanically minded folk here tell me if kicking tires actually serves a purpose? I know I've done it; I just have no idea why.

Reverend Blair
No purpose that I could ever determine, Henry. I guess if the front end was completely shot you might be able to tell, but if it was that bad you'd notice for sure on a test drive.

Twila
Rev, don't lie to him!

Kicking tires does serve a purpose.

It makes the kicker feel like he's actually accomplishing something.......
It's very much like those folks stuck on the side of the road who have the lid of their car up and are looking at the engine even though they have no idea how to fix it. It makes them feel better.....

Hard-Luck Henry
Yup. I've done that, too ...

Reverend Blair
I'm always afraid to look under the hood because I usually have an idea what the problem is. It's never good.

Hard-Luck Henry
This is how much I know - the engine bracket on an old girlfriend's car had sheared, and the engine fell backwards and was resting against the chassis. We assumed the fact that we could only use 2 gears was due to a faulty gearbox. Drove 20 miles in 2nd, getting a lot of strange looks. (I have since read the odd manual).

Reverend Blair
I had a friend who broke a motor mount on his old Ford. When he hammered on the gas pedal the fan came up and hit the hood. Now there's a noise I'll never forget.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I had a friend who broke a motor mount on his old Ford. When he hammered on the gas pedal the fan came up and hit the hood. Now there's a noise I'll never forget.

Hah...that happened to my first car, a 1970 Marquis with a big 'ol 429 in it...I scoured the auto wreckers for weeks looking for mounts that would fit...but before I could find them, I ended up cutting a hole in the hood with my fan...

So I took the hood off and drove around like that for a few days, still looking for mounts...how was I to know that that's illegal...

The local mounties didn't find my predicament amusing at all...

Reverend Blair
Not sure about the year, but the model and engine size are the same. I know you can't be him though, because you can spell.

Still, I have to ask...you didn't break the mounts by trying to hop a boulevard on Albert Street in Regina, did you?

Vanni Fucci
Nope...it was in a small town here in Manitoba...

I'm guessing motor mounts were problematic for that make and model...now I don't feel so silly...

peapod
Fucci do you live in the same place as the rev Have you drank beer with him?? Have you seen his pickup?? have you seen his dogs?? have you seen his teeth ....

bwahahahahhahahahahhaha

Vanni Fucci
No, I haven't had the pleasure of drinking beer with Rev and his dogs in his pickup with his teeth in a glass on the dashboard...

One of these days though...

peapod
Well I might pay a admission fee to see that :P
bwahahahahhaahahahaha

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I know you can't be him though, because you can spell.

LOL - I'd sure like to meet some of your friends, Rev.

.... oh wait - on second thought.......

Reverend Blair
Yeah, some of them are a little off.