Idiocycracies anyone?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
So what are your weirdnesses/idiocycracies/oddities?

Me? I'm left handed. Born a Capricorn (water goat) and have a birth mark in the shape of a cats paw on my right arm.

My grandmother was convinced I was evil

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
8O 8O 8O I am left handed to twila...ehm..make sense right :p
There are so many..I would not know where to begin...ehm...well I have always worn a watch with no hands, great way to start a conversation :p I can scratch my throat..it makes a really weird noise...everyone looks around and cannot figure where it comes from, everyone in my family can do this 8O

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
It's true ... Peapod DOES scratch her throat. Even in her sleep sometimes. :)

Peapod has a few others she neglected to mention:

She can't play an entire song through but has to skip from song to song on a CD.

She rarely finishes a whole cup of coffee ... a few gulps and she's off running to do something (laundry, grocery shopping, mow the lawn, save the whales) but usually manages to get back before the coffee is cold!

Pea loses everything. Everything. Keys, glasses, cigarettes, autos ... she's our absent-minded professor!

Pea does everything at the speed of light. Seven course meal? No problem, give her half an hour. Landscape the yard? Outta her way and give her an hour. She talks 50 miles an hour ... we always wonder where that wit comes from! I've been around her enough to know it's not chemically enhanced but I'm sure others wonder.

Hats. Touques in particular. In a past life she must have been a hatter -- a mad one at that! (Shell's contribution, btw)

Pea has some idiosyncratic rules around footwear in her men. I'll let her explain that one. :) Basically, tho, she won't date anyone with the wrong shoes.

As for me? I collect soap. And perfume. And shoes. I won't eat the last bit of anything out of a jar or drink the last bit of milk. I can't eat foods that have certain textures (like tapioca). I like ketchup and butter on toast.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
twila just wanted a few cosmos...not a list :twisted: I no longer have to look for my cigs either :p Just two of those nasty puppies at christmas had me wired again :twisted: I butted out again on Saturday..which explains my rage lately :twisted: but now Its all good again...I am happy without the cigs in my sandbox again...and ehm...no one that smokes is allowed to come and visit me for two weeks :twisted: :twisted:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I'm a leftie, too. As for ideosyncracies, I talk to myself, under my breath. I find myself having really involved conversations with absolutely nobody. I also use a lot of hand gesture when I'm talking, and often walk around when I'm deep in thought. A few years ago, I had an office with a long window, and I would notice people standing outside, staring in with confused expressions, clearly wondering if I'd gone mad: I'd be walking up and down, muttering away and waving my arms around like a demented windmill!
I'm also incredibly forgetful; I take my five-year-old son with me when I go shopping, and tell him what we're going for beforehand, so he can remind me. Once I forgot to take him to school - I told his teacher he'd had a cold. When his teacher saw him she asked if he'd got over it, to which he replied " I didn't have a cold, Daddy forgot to bring me," the snitch! :oops:

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
They say right handed people work out of the left side of their brain.....so it means left handed people are the only ones in their right mind

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I lose stuff.

I don't even look for my gloves anymore, just buy new ones.

I haven't held onto a set of keys for more than year in my life. The big green truck is keyless because I wanted to go home and had lost my last set of keys. I broke open the steering column with a framing hammer, giving it a keyless ignition.

I have no idea where my sunglasses are. I had them on Sunday though. I think.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
When I shut the water off in the shower head and the water starts to come out of main tap (not shower head) I have to put each foot 4 times under water before it runs out.

Don't ask me why but I have done it all my life. Strange huh?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: Idiocycracies anyone?

no1important said:
When I shut the water off in the shower head and the water starts to come out of main tap (not shower head) I have to put each foot 4 times under water before it runs out.

Yeah strange...you're a friggin' whacko...

I am of the sinister variety of handedness as well...pissed me off when I failed penmanship in grade 5 because of it...and I've got a congenital defect in my left eye that makes it look somewhat catlike...kind of cool...but the Christians think I may be the anti-christ...which my official stance on religion does nothing to assuage... :lol:

Richards

Feb 24, 2005
Can't say left or right I am ambidextrous. Found out when I was a little fella playing hockey that I could shoot the puck from both sides. The only thing I have grief with is tossing a ball left handed never have understood that one.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I am of the sinister variety of handedness as well...pissed me off when I failed penmanship in grade 5 because of it...and I've got a congenital defect in my left eye that makes it look somewhat catlike...kind of cool...

*takes gulp* Mr. Fucci may I say... *takes another gulp* I am glad you are of the handedness as well.
:p

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Strange? No. I lock the door everynight before I go upstairs to bed. I go upstairs climb into bed and then get up and recheck. I have to check even though I know I locked it. I also always turn on/off light switches when I enter a room. My daughter only turns light switches on. I often walk into the bathroom when the light is already on. close the door and turn off the switch (we have no windows in any of our bathrooms) I know the light is on. But I habitually turn it off only to turn it back on again.

and I've got a congenital defect in my left eye that makes it look somewhat catlike...kind of cool...
Beyond cool I'd say. Vanni. Soooo....single are ya?

j/k.

I'd love to have been able to introduce you to my grandmother. She'd have given up the ghost right there on the spot. She was Catholic. Left handed=evil. Goats=Evil (I had pet goats). Cats= Evil( Love cats and my birth mark is a cats paw). Cat eyes=Evil. I also am the only one in my family NOT baptised. Either I was too sick or the Reverend was too sick. My mom figured it was meant to be. My grandmother thought I had a fully paid 1 way ticket to hell. You and I would have caused her to believe the end of the world was happening right then and there. (it seems I also have a cruel streak. Hmm. Weird)

I have lots of 'habits" or ideocycracies. The tag on the comforter has to be at the foot of the bed. The bed has to be made before I get into it. My bf complains that I don't just roll over. I "fling" myself over. It seems a reasonable explaination to me that it's more satisfing to fling myself around but from the strange look in his eye when I explain it I don't think he understands it.

I'm also a neat freak. There is an order to everything. An efficient way of doing everything. It is best for me to do it the most efficient logical way possible. I can't handle disorder/chaos or mess. Which has made some uncomfortable moments for me at other peoples houses. I've tidied their coffee tables. Their kitchen tables. and their counters. It's not meant to offend I just can't relax with stuff helter skelter. I get rather uhm bitchy.