Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I can't believe no one has made any comments to this. I'm shocked! lol

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
hahahaha I just looked at it twila. There are amazing..you know, I am gonna play that tune in my CD player next time I am out walking and see if I can do some of those leaps :p

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Ah, yes - It's an extreme sport known as free-running: It treats man-made structures as an obstacle course that participants negotiate by daring feats of graceful gymnastics. It was invented by a group of childhood friends in Lisses, near Paris in the 1980s, when Sebastien Foucan, David Belle et al created what they call le parkour (a deliberately un-French spelling to make the point that they were doing something different).

Unlike other extreme activities, it has developed a philosophy. “It is not just a game,” Sebastien Foucan is quoted as saying, “it is a discipline because it is a way of facing our fears and demons that you can apply to the rest of your life.”

Anyone interested can learn the moves here: :wink:
http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/fundamentals/fundamentals.htm

For the more sedantry amongst us, try the dvd "Jump London" or the film that Luc Besson made with the originators of the movement, called "Yamakasi".

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I am gonna play that tune in my CD player next time I am out walking and see if I can do some of those leaps

Let me know how that goes for you, k? I may have to try to it.......