no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
I think the biggest evidence that time travel isn't possible is that we haven't had any "visitors" from the future.

Interesting concept and exciting to think about but not sure in its practicality.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So time travel is possible and would be inevitable except that we'll blow ourselves up first? That seems like a reasonable explanation.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
We could always discuss alternate timelines,in some of them,everything could be very nice-no wars and total prosperity for all and in others,nuclear winter.I'm more interested in the teleportation experiments going on-Star Trekian transporters are an actual possibility.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Time-lines are cool. My favourite so far is Turtledove's World War series. What if aliens invaded during WWII. The cool thing is how well he knows the real history and the personalities involved and infers what would happen from there.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Like those stories,too! Also,Michael Crichtin's Timeline and Connie Wills' To Say Nothing Of The Dog[but,these are timetravel stories]

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
We already do time travel to a small degree.

Non of us actually live in the same "time" as anyone else, and anyone traveling significantly faster than the next person is in a different frame of reference; no?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That didn't take too long.

See I'm not all bad.

We should all be happy that we have each other to banter at. :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I have what is commonly called a quick temper-lucky for the general populace that in ten minutes,I'm back to "normal". Understandably,I own no firearms!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
anyone traveling significantly faster than the next person is in a different frame of reference;

Well that explains alot about my life. I must tell the bf about this. Since he walks talks moves so much slower then me.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
...and Connie Wills' To Say Nothing Of The Dog

I loved that book.

Non of us actually live in the same "time" as anyone else, and anyone traveling significantly faster than the next person is in a different frame of reference; no?

The differences are so small though. Long distance communication always reminds me of that though. The pauses when they are talking to somebody via satellite on the news show it pretty well.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"The differences are so small though."

True, depending upon the speeds involved.

If I travel at 0.3C and you at 0.6C,

We would never agree on where 4:20 was. We would have to each carry our own joint to smoke. Sharing one might prove to be impossible.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Time Travel anyone?

missile said:
I have what is commonly called a quick temper-lucky for the general populace that in ten minutes,I'm back to "normal". Understandably,I own no firearms!

I do own firearms. :)