Favorite quotes

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Favorite quotes famous or otherwise

Once when I was lost...... I saw a policeman, and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him.... "Do you think we'll ever find them? "He said. "I don't know kid..there are so many places they can hide."

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
“Seek your own truth, then have the wisdom to know when it its found”
The Members of the House of Kheperu.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I like the following, from Mark Twain:
"If we hadn't our bewitching autumn foliage, we should still have to credit the weather with one feature which compensates for all its bullying vagaries-the ice-storm: when a leafless tree is clothed with ice from the bottom to the top -- ice that is as bright and clear as crystal; when every bough and twig is strung with ice-beads, frozen dew-drops, and the whole tree sparkles cold and white, like the Shah of Persia's diamond plume. Then the wind waves the branches and the sun comes out and turns all those myriads of beads and drops to prisms that glow and burn and flash with all manner of colored fires, which change and change again with inconceivable rapidity from blue to red, from red to green, and green to gold-the tree becomes a spraying fountain, a very explosion of dazzling jewels; and it stands there the acme, the climax, the supremest possibility in art or nature, of bewildering, intoxicating, intolerable magnificence. One cannot make the words too strong."

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Beautiful!!!!!! henry :)

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau

It should read many women go fishing :p

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
"Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down.
Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice,
universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom,
the major media destroy information
and religions destroy spirituality" ~-Michael Ellner

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I never said Ed Muskie was taking Ibogaine.

I said there was a rumour in Milwaukee that a strange Brazilian doctor had been showing up at his suite to administer heavy shots of some strange drug called Ibogaine.

Of course it wasn't true. I never said it was true. I said there was a rumour to that effect. I made up the rumour.

--Hunter S. Thompson

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Ah but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
or what's a Heaven for?
-Robert Browning.

Grow old along with me,
The best is yet to be,
The last, for which the first was made.
-also Browning.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Hunter S. Thompson

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
We wish nothing more, but we will accept nothing less. Masters in our own house we must be, but our house is the whole of Canada. -- Pierre Trudeau

Was he implying that we need to take action in other people's lives????