Favorite quotes

zenfisher
Actually Merry Claire...that's Kris Kristoferson (sp). Just ask the Rev ...he still owes me a Nikon over that quote.

Reverend Blair
Not exactly, Zen...It was the whole song, not the quote. I might have been able to win on that basis because Joplin changed some of the words.

I'll get that Nikon to ya any day now. I'm not really sure why you'd want it...It's all brassed at the corners and you can't change the film speed and it has some dents. Of course the shots are as sharp as ever and the exposures are bang on (as long as you do the math right).

bogie
"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
Eddie Cantor

Twila
Why should I!? It's not MY dog.

- My daughter (at 5yrs of age) to the old man who suggested She just tell his dog to be quiet when it started to barking at us.

peapod
Wow! your daughter is wise twila :P

Man, they were nihilists, man. They kept saying they believed in nothing.
The dude

Hard-Luck Henry
Aiming isn't hitting.

-- Swahili proverb.

bogie
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
Albert Einstein

peapod
I only mention it 'cause sometimes there's a man, I won't say a hero, 'cause what's a hero, but sometimes there's a man, and I'm talking about the Dude here, sometimes there's a man, well, he's The Man for that time and place. He fits there. And that's the Dude.
the big lebowski :P

merryclaire
do you know that every time you're near
everybody else seems far away

current song on radio, i can't remember the band, but i love that line

merryclaire
zen, i stand corrected re: janis, you are right of course, slipped my mind!

peapod
Darkness washed over the Dude...darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonlight prairie night...there was no bottom
the dude

zenfisher
No sweat merryclaire...I love reminding the rev of that bet... I could of sworn the bet was for a NEW Nikon Rev.

as for quotes...

" Book em , Danno ! " Steve McGarret

Tom McNall
If corn oil comes from crushed corn and olive oil comes from crushed olives, where exactly does baby oil come from?
Tom McNall

edgerunner
Quote:

.................................................. .............

Marcell Marceau

Hard-Luck Henry
An Egyptian proverb:

"Pride and dignity would belong to women, if only men would leave them alone."

Twila
"When people ask you, ‘So, do you like Rush?'"
-- Sum 41 drummer reveals the worst thing about being a Canadian rock band.

bogie
Quote:

"............." Marcell Marceau ....

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx

peapod
In Feng Shui, a wind chime over the stove will cure binge eating. DUCT SHUI says enough with the wind chimes already! You can cure binge eating by placing duct tape firmly across your mouth.

The duct tape guys

bogie
Duct tape - the Canadian "cure all" LOL .... good one pea
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault."
Henry Kissinger

peapod
Think there’s no chi in duct tape? Just take a roll, tear off a piece, and hear the energy crackle!

The duct tape guys

bogie
"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.' "
Martin Luther King Jr.

"How sad that the nations of this world cannot see, and believe in, this dream. In truth, it is not a dream, but reality unfulfilled."
Bogie

peapod
I think I have a few more duct tape pearls of wisdom :P

In Duct Shui, there is basically one realm of influence: The couch. Some might refer to this teaching as laziness. We prefer to call it resourcefulness - utilizing duct tape to maximize our leisure time. Talk about balance and perfect harmony - a man and his couch!
(Note: Some women also find the couch alluring.)

Tom McNall
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Forrest Gump

tibear
An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.

JP2

peapod
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration - courage, clear
thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth."
-- Henry Mencken

missile
Everyone prefers belief to the exercise of judgement...Seneca

peapod
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
-- Blaise Pascal

tibear
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein

peapod
Take from the church the miraculous, the supernatural, the incomprehensible,
the unreasonable, the impossible, the unknowable, the absurd, and nothing but a
vacuum remains."
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

tibear
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

Albert Einstein

(Pea, how about quoting someone everyone respects!)