Favorite snack food

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
So whats your favorite snack food? Since I no longer indulge much anymore in the refined snacks...occassionly I do have to have a bag of salty chips...however..I am addicted to pickled asparagus now. Once I open the jar I eat the whole jar, including the garlic.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Since I no longer indulge much anymore in the refined snacks

are we living on a different planet or something????? what the hell are you talking about????

of course we eat junk food, that's our main diet you idiot!!!!

let's see.........for our appies we have cheetos then we have bean dip (for fibre) along with the lime thingees that are triangle shape. then we have the main course - fat chicken flavored potatoe chips....i always fed them to the kids telling them that was their dinner, all food groups had been covered (chicken and potatoes) 8O . ahh, the good ol' days. then we wash it down with 'diet' coke with lime. groovy... 8) :?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It depends if I have my teeth in or not.

No teeth...Old Dutch salt and vinegar chips because they cut them really thin so you don't need teeth to chew.

Teeth...Guacamole taco chips; kolbasa, crackers and cheddar; celery with Cheeze Whiz on it.

Back when I had my own teeth...salted in the shell peanuts.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
pea, do we know gonzo??? what's with you guys and all the healthy shit???

my god, i thought it was enough to have true confessions of eating organic 8O mind you, eating my snack food organic should count i would think.

rev, i know what you mean about the teeth problemo. with my partial in, i can barely make it thru a bag of miss vicky's...imagine i couldn't without those little puppies. :roll:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
pea, do we know gonzo???

No we don't but he lives here, we could spot him on the goose trail tho if we wanted to...how many people sketch on the goose trail and answer to gonzo :p

Gonzo you and your Mrs should have a starbucks with us all one night.
and ehm....if you had mentioned there was vodka in the watermelon, galaniomama would have been all for it.. :roll:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Do you folks know the Imperial brand Cold Pack cheddar? Comes in a red and black plastic tub? It's SO sharp, it nearly makes you pucker.

Well, get a stack of soda crackers, butter, peanut butter and the cheese. Just a smidge of butter, a knife-tip of peanut butter, and a small chunk of the cheese about the size of your finger-nail.

Carb Heaven!

In fact, excuse me - I'm gonna go get some right now.... ;)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Nah...these things are so salty you can actually feel the imminent heart attack. And they're crunchy. And you get to break the shells open. And they are the perfect food to compliment beer.

It's a whole culinary experience.

Do you shoot your watermelon full of booze, Gonzo?

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I do indeed. I also like chocolate and penut buter, in cup form. Whoever decided to add chocolate and penut butter together was a brilliant man (or women).
Actually, I'm moving. I'll miss the killer weather but it's back to Ottawa for me. I'll be driving too, so I'll get to see this great land. How long does it take to drive across the country? Where are there good places to stop. I'll start another thread.

edgerunner

Electoral Member
Sep 28, 2004
Seattle
""Bunnypants Cookies" are the best snack. "YAY!!!!!. Did you ever get around to baking them. Peapod?
Say, Rev, you musta been the one to turn Zen on to the Cheese Whizz stuff in celery...eh?
We were running all around the grocery store for months looking for that stuff. He squirrles it away so that no one else can have any. Ewwwwew like we would. We do make our own ice cream sandwitches with mint choco=chip ice cream in between mud-pie cookies. Pretty yummy. Pistachio nuts in the shell are fun. The ones that are closed too tight go to the bird who can get them open real easy.
Is a Latte concidered snack-food, Pea?
I invented the "Choco Mocho Latte Ya Ya." No dairy or sugar and mighty fine. Also I created the "Boom Choco Lakka Lakka"
A tip of your Canadian Whisky in there will help you to forget it if your teeth are on the shelf, Rev. :D :puke: :coffee2:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up edge..here I was all cranky cause I had to mow the lawn...now I think I will make some Boom Choco Lakka Lakka :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I never mow the lawn in February...another reason to live in Manitoba. ;-)

Does anybody on the west coast just drink coffee? You guys should try it.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I already mowed the lawn...and ya ya I gotta do it 12 months out of the year :twisted: ...hey but I get to wear shorts with my toque :p In december that is :p

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Shorts with a toque? I guess I could do that too...as long as I wore ski pants over the shorts.

What should I have for supper, mushroom soup or AlphaGetti?